“Superb Food Superb Service!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Ground floor Osteria open all day for Musetti coffee, homemade pastries lunches and fully stocked bar of over 60 wines and 20 grappa all available to sample by the glass. First floor traditional Italian Ristorante with intimate atmosphere and delicious homemade measls and desserts. Booking essential at the weekend.
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Superb Food Superb Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I visited this lovely little place last night and just had to review it straight away! Absolutely fantastic! Wonderful cosy setting, warm and inviting features. I booked a table for myself and my mum for 6pm, just as well as they got busy quickly!

We ordered the mussels and King Prawns to start. Well, I was blown away. The mussels were not too salty, a wonderful balance of garlic and white wine. The prawns came in a tomatoe based sauce and again, very tasty and easy to pull apart.

For mains we both ordered the duck, again, I could not find fault. The duck was tender, on a bed of herb mash and I am dying to know how they got the courgettes to taste so good!!! This was accompanied by a berry and juniper jus, not too strong and didnt overpower the duck.

What really impressed me was the service, the waitress at the beginning explained everything is home made and if we prefer 'more of this' or 'less of that' then they would certainly accomodate! What more could you ask for?

I felt very reasonable price for the quality of food. The bill came to £54 and that included one glass of wine. This is not your average Italian!

Tha only thing I did find was that the chairs were not ovally comfy but I shall be returning here very soon with a pillow under arm and would highly recommend this fabulous place to all!

Chichester, United Kingdom
“Great food but................”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Went on a Friday evening at 7.15. The restaurant was busy and the two waitresses seemed overwhelmed. The "service" was extremely slow, unattentive and not at all proactive. No complaints about the food which was well prepared and presented but the wait to order and then for the dishes to arrive was unacceptable. We finally left the restaurant just befor 10 p.m.!! Its nice to have an unhurried meal but we left feeling a more professional approach by the serving staff would turn this little reataurant into something rather good - the food (when it came!) was excellent.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
clive m, Owner at Pappardelle Ristorante and Osteria, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Sorry to hear about the delay with service on this occasion. I was on duty in the kitchen on that evening I was aware that we were not able to get your order out to you as quickly as we normally do, and I have to say that it was due to the sudden influx of 'walk-ins' we had on that evening that made service from the kitchen a little slower. Not only is our food is cooked fresh to order, the extra care we take in all aspects of food handling and presentation mean that at times there will be an inevitable delay from the kitchen. This is not the norm, but rather the exception to the way service goes at Pappardelle, and we hope that it has not deterred you from visiting us again.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Wonderful find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Had a lovely meal here after it was recommended to us by the lady in the information shop. The service was excellent, the staff friendly and welcoming, and the food was fresh and delicious.
The food was good value, and the restaurant had a traditional and homely feel.
Hope to return again!

Visited February 2013
Bognor Regis
“Great Little Find - We Will Be Back!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Came across this little restaurant by default really!! What a find!! We sat downstairs in the welcoming Osteria on Valentines Day (early evening). Luckily we came early before the restaurant started to fill up. The food was delicious - veggie antipasto to start with and then pesto and goats cheese lasagne (yum yum!!). My partner had the lamb lasagne and he said it was delicious as well. We both treated ourselves to the tiramisu which was great as well (after all it was Valentine's Day - back to the diet tomorrow!!).
The waiting staff were excellent - friendly without being over attentive.
We will definitely be back to visit again.

Arundel, United Kingdom
“New Years Eve”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My girlfriend and I had a superb 5 course meal at Pappardelle on New Years Eve, the service was first class, ambience lovely, fantastic value, recommend.

• Visited December 2012