“"We look forward to welcoming you" was the ladies words when we booked a table. And welcome you really feel.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Bay Tree

Ranked #3 of 49 Restaurants in Arundel
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: European, British, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

With a warm welcome by all staff, lovely atmosphere, good selection of food for all tastes. We are definitely going back to try the other dishes on the menu which looked as good as our choices on other tables. So often we dine out and are disapointed by the level of service which can make or break the dining experience, so often lacking in this country.

Newmarket, United Kingdom
“A must if in Arundel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We had lunch there last Sunday, fabulous food and great service always eat there when visiting Arundel, never had a bad meal. Family atmosphere and very friendly, we booked my parents in when staying for Glorious Goodwood and told them it was their wedding anniversary whilst they were dinning, my parents were overwhelmed how special they made the evening and were made a special dessert at last minute notice. Sunday roast is Can't wait to go back and see what’s on the menu. Very very good.

Littlehampton, England, United Kingdom
“Charming restaurant in the heart of Arundel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We have been to this restaurant twice in recent weeks, once by ourselves and once with friends. It is really pretty and cosy and we did not find it at all crowded. The staff are very warm and the service efficient - sommeliere really knows her stuff and was very informative about the wines. On both occasions the food was excellent and everyone was really pleased with their choices. The first time I had steak and it came exactly as ordered and was good quality meat, tasty and tender, the next time I had the sea bass which once again was excellent. Plenty of fresh vegetables and we particularly loved the garlic potatoes. The menu includes some really quirky and inventive dishes. This is becoming one of our favourite local restaurants - and it is open on Sunday evenings.

Worthing, United Kingdom
“I Always Enjoy This Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I have eaten at The Bay Tree several times and always enjoy the food and atmosphere. I was recently dining with a large party one evening. The service was very efficient and friendly. There was very little waiting between courses although there were so many of us. I enjoyed all my choices of food although some was slightly salty for my taste (a common problem I find in many restaurants). The portion sizes were sensible,not too large as sometimes happens in other places.The only downside was the noise levels which can make talking difficult when the rooms are full.I think this is caused by the wooden floors and walls and there are no soft furnishings to absorb the noise.However, the decor is most attractive.I would recommend this restaurant.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Terrible service, awful atmosphere!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My Fiance & I decided to take a trip to Arundel. Before doing so, we looked on the net at the best places to eat. Bay Tree came up at the no 1 restaurant in Arundel so therefore our decision was made. After looking at the not very vast menu we were rather disappointed so opted to just have a glass of wine & beer.
There was a couple in the far right hand side of the restaurant having a rather heated argument. Needless to say we felt uncomfortable so we moved into the main part of the restaurant. Bearing in mind the restaurant was very quiet just us & another couple, we sat on the four seater table positioned next to the window. After sitting down, one of the members of staff with curly red hair (who we are assuming was either a manager or perhaps owner) shouted at one the waitresses “are they not eating,WHY NOT?!” Whilst making this comment she made direct eye contact with me & did not seem to care that I could clearly overhear what she was saying. The waitress replied to her informing of our reason for not eating & her comment was then shouted again in a very aggresive tone “well they can't sit on a four seater table” I have never been made to feel as uncomfortable as I did then.The red head lady continued to glare at me & kept huffing & puffing. I have never drunk up as quickly as I did..I couldn't wait to get out of the terrible atmosphere that was created. I waited outside whilst my Fiance settled the bill. My Fiance was appalled to find the policy for cards has to be over £15. The rude lady asked if my Fiance had cash & after informing her he didn't she said she would reluctantly put the trasnsation through. My Fiance had to then wait almost 10 minutes because the lady couldn't seem to find the pdq machine.
The whole expereience was awful & so unprofessional. We would never return again & would advise any one against it, if they are wanting friendly & warm customer service look else where!