“Very good all around” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 426 Restaurants in Coventry
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Turmeric Gold, an award winning restaurant, has been serving great Indian food with a healthy twist for over a decade in the beautiful, historic surrounding of a 700 year old cottage going back to the 13th century. Come and enjoy good food in the charm of our luxury historic setting .Turmeric Gold has been showered with many accolades and awards for customer service and good food, with excellent selection of wines and beers, spirits and champagne.
Coventry, England, United Kingdom
“Very good all around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Been here a few times now and it never fails to impress with not only the high standard of food but the service you get from all of the staff in the restaurant is impeccable. The food is always delicious, ordered a few different things now and everything is always brilliant. The staff in the restaurant do everything to make sure that your experience is the best it could possibly be, we will certainly be returning.

• Visited June 2013

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Excellent place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Been here countless times and the food just gets better. Jay the manager is always telling us he has tweaked the menu and food again, for the betting.

We went last week and had the samosa for starter, my word, it's the most delicious food I've ever tasted, absolutely gorgeous. Not forgetting the rest of the food.

I will always continue to come here for as long as its open, very friendly staff, excellent non greasy food, and superb service.

Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

“Helpful honest review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I live in Coventry and have been visiting this restaurant for the past 5 years. My self, husband and Children all love Indian food and have visited most of then in Coventry. This is the best ( food , taste wise) we first went on recommendation by a friend and glad we did. The restaurant is located near night clubs ( the skydome) complex so it tends to be very busy at weekends also it can be a bit noisy with the odd undesirable outside when you leave if leaving late. I would not take my children due to this and the fact inside is very space limited. I have been for anniversaries, girls night out, work do, date nights, and out with friends. On all occasions food has been EXCELLENT neither myself or anyone I have taken has ever had a dish they have not been happy with and all those I have taken have returned and taken family and friends. The service is brilliant but if you don't ask you don't get ie the service can be quick but we ask for time between meals and they happily oblige . I was not sure i would like a dish so they gave me a small sample to try after asking. One of my friends asked for a dish that was not on the menu but they were happy to make it. The decor is lovely, very comfortable and intimate but like I said limited space between tables ( not the place for you if you like your space ) the building itself is listed and old which is lovely. If your not happy with where you are seated ask to move :-) there is plenty of parking in the complex opposite ( a two min walk) the menu has recently changed and is more limited than it used to be ( cut back rather a lot) but kept the favourite dishes . They have not compromised flavour and taste.pudding/desert list is almost non existent ( around 6 choices) but most of the time you don't have room ! Pricing is slightly above the average Indian but something me and all the guests have agreed on , well worth it! I have added a couple of pictures of my dishes. One last tip ask to take home what you can not eat:-) they will put it in take away boxes for you. In short , great for couples, nights out, better to visit in the week not weekends, not really for children, small and intimate, lovely decor and ambiance, excellent food and service. Worth the slightly above average price. Will visit and recommend again and again :-)

“Very enjoyable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Came here for a birthday night out!
Really enjoyed the food and the decor really is something to behold. The prices are not too cheap but not too expensive either.
The starters are to die for!
Would definitely recommend this place, we will be going back.

London, United Kingdom
“Good Food - However Small And Some Dishes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Me and my wife decided to visit this restaurant during a recent visit to Coventry due to the previous reviews.

The restaurant is very small and cramped, people are constantly walking past and knocking your chair due to the compact nature.

A lot of traditional indian dishes were also missing off the menu, however when what we did order arrived, we were not disappointed, the food was very good.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere