“Non-existent service” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Gastropub, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions
Description: Set in the finest example of 18th century cottages, Eden Bar and Restaurant has an excellent mix of traditional architecture blended with a modern contempory theme. Eden exterior boasts an old worldly charm, the interior is very relaxing uncluttered with exposed brickwork and wooden floors.Situated outside is an exclusive garden terrace with an external bar and water feature, a must for alfresco dining. The marquee which connects the bar to the garden boasts a small acoustic stage area perfect for live performances and DJ’s alike.With an extensive list of continental beers and varied wines Eden is perfect for any occasion
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Non-existent service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

Went there on the evening of 30th of July with some friends having never been before; Staff seemed more concerned with a hen party going on in main room. Sat in darkness before somebody bought a candle to our table and then waited in vain for ten minutes for somebody to ask us what drinks we wanted. Dirty plates left on table downstairs which were still there when we walked out and left. No idea what the food is like; Nobody seemed concerned with asking us what we actually wanted.

Visited July 2011

coventry
“Dont believe the bad reviews”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

Fantastic food great service, dont believe the bad reviews. I have just booked my 30th birthday meal with friends and family, following amazing food and service at our wedding reception. Management and staff couldnt do enough for us and made our celebrations perfect. All of our guests said the food was outstanding! Thanks Eden

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hinckley, United Kingdom
“What a shame”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011 via mobile

My girlfriend took me here when I first moved to Coventry for my birthday (about three years ago). I had such a great time. The venue looked great, the service was friendly and food was delicious. We decided to go there for our "Date Night" this weekend. What a big mistake. We booked a table in advance. When we arrived the waitress asked if we had booked so we said yes. The waitress didn't even ask our name and told us to find an empty table. We was spoilt for choice as only two tables had been filled. We had sat there for over 15 mins and no one had come over to hand us a menu or take a drinks order. We had to track down the waitress and said how long we've waited. The waitress didn't even apologise, just said "I know, I know". Eventually, the waitress arrives then says "Do you know what you want to drink then". She came back with drinks and a food menu. The menu was very limited but when your then told about what they no longer have, it leaves little to be desired. Each of the starters was also in the main section, reduced the options further. It was very expensive for what they had to offer so after viewing the menu we decided to leave. Told the waitress that we wasn't happy so we're leaving and she didn't even apologise or ask why, AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Sutton Benger
“Bad service, worst I've ever had.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2011

Went to the Edun for my son's birthday, was originally going to the Orange Tree in Chadwick End.
The service at Edun's was terrible, dirty glasses and plates.Ran out of several things from the menu. Slow service, sent mussels I ordered back, as they were still gritty and didn't taste nice at all. Second course was slow to come, food was lukewarm and "rustic chips" were just that, burnt and greasy.
Some of the plates from the starters were not removed from the table until after the main course.
My son had to ask for dirty glasses to be removed from the table.
The worst thing though, I had bought a cake for my son in and asked them to bring it out later when required, they were given a pack of candles, then promptly left them on the bar, where my son then asked if I had bought a cake as there were candles on top of the bar. Some suprise! Not at all happy.
There were lots of other things that weren't good, but don't want to write a complete essay!

• Visited January 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Coventry, UK
“Avoid service very bad!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

We went as a party of 5, waited nearly an hour for the mains to arrive. 4 came and one was missing for nearly 20 minutes, despite us chasing and having already complained about the delay. 4 of us had steaks and none were cooked correctly and all were missing the sauce the menu had described and there was no apology from the waiting staff or management it was missing. Very over priced. Management totally incompetant at dealing with unsatisfied customers, apparently we were p'ing him off, yes those really were his words!!!! Shame as the location itself is lovely and it could be a gold mine if run properly.

• 2 of 5 stars Food