“Favourite of grandson's” 4 of 5 stars

Coventry, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Favourite of grandson's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Haven't been for a while but will be visiting soon. Big age gap between grandsons and younger one now at an where he will enjoy this attraction.

Visited August 2012

Hull, UK
16 attraction reviews
“Great way to pass an hour or two”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I visited the Aviation museum prior to a flight sim experience at www.flyfsm.co.uk and it passed the time perfectly. Lots of old and interesting aircraft to look at and climb aboard. The best bit for me was sitting in the cockpit of the old 'DHL' plane looking over all the dials whilst one of the guides kindly explained the history of the aircraft and answered questions.

Visited July 2013
3 attraction reviews
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

A great way to spend, not necessarily a whole day, but a good portion of an extremely sunny day in Coventry. At first the sight of an old aircraft hangar may not be most pleasing to the eye, but soon enough you find it is a lot lot more than just an old hangar. A large collection of the most famous planes and helicopters, as well as opportunities to crawl inside the cockpit of a Vulcan Bomber, coupled with the friendliness and knowledge of all the staff provides an amazing day out for the whole family.

Tip: If you spend a bit of time towards the end of the day loitering around the outside area, you may get invited to climb into a few cockpits not normally open for the public.

This put the cherry on top of a great (half) day out. Definitely worth visiting whether a plane fan or not, you will not be dissapointed.

Visited July 2013
Hamilton, New Zealand
12 attraction reviews
“Best Aircraft Museum in UK”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

My second visit this time with the kids. 4,7 and 11. Simply put where else can you craw into the cockpit of a Vulcan bomber? With Rob the best story teller and so gentle with the kids offbeat questions.

While the flasher place have more planes you just can't get up Close and personal!

Thanks guys.

Visited July 2012
9 attraction reviews
“The best aircraft museum I have been to!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband is an aircraft enthusiast - I found that out to my surprise on our four month sabbatical travelling around the US and Europe.

So we have been to four different ones - 3 in England and one in New York. Of all of them this was my favourite. It was not the flashiest, it did not have the biggest displays or the most aircraft - but what it did have was amazing guides who were full of interesting information and fascinating anecdotes AND we were allowed into the cockpit of a Vulcan bomber. Our guide's name was Rob. He was fabulous. and he was immensely patient with our children (ages 4-11 years).

Being able to interact with the aircraft in this way really made the visit special for me.

We stayed for an hour but I KNOW my husband would have stayed longer if we did not have somewhere else we had needed to be.

The facilities are fairly basic but if you had to choose one aircraft museum to go to in the UK this is the one I would want to visit.

Visited June 2013