“Excellent customer service at an excellent price” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #18 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
High Wycombe
“Excellent customer service at an excellent price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2009

Having enjoyed a great stay here a few years ago, and read the good reviews on here, I was very happy to stay there for a last minute break. We got an excellent price directly from their website (rooms from £39 on a holiday weekend, bargain!). As with a previous reviewer, I had been contacted in the past by the general manager, Steven Cosgrove and appreciated his personal approach. It was definitely a factor in me deciding to return. I am also impressed with the way he takes the time to individually reply to the reviews left on here, something I've not seen frequently.

The hotel easy to find from jcn 7 of the ring road (signposted too) and although not all previous reviewers have admired the architecture, at least it makes it easy to spot! Location-wise, it took about 15 minutes from Warwick Castle and was only another 15 or so minutes to Kenilworth. We ate at the Dragon Phoenix chinese buffet 2 minutes walk away. There is a cinema, ice rink and selection of bars (Chicagos, Old Orleans etc) a five minute walk away. We avoided the temptations of Ikea but did make a quick stop at the Central Six shopping centre 5 minutes drive away off junction 6 of the ring road.

As mentioned in previous reviews, parking is in an adjacent multi-storey and on both visits, we've had no problems finding spaces, even when the hotel was full on the first occasion. Check-in was smooth and we were very pleased to be informed that we'd been upgraded to a suite on the 8th floor by Mr Cosgrove - don't mind if I do! (I later found ou that he had already emailed to advise this in reponse to my email saying that we'd decided to make a repeat visit - might have arrived a bit sooner had I known!)

The rooms were lovely and tastefully decorated - a lounge (with sofa, flat screen tv, easy chair, table/chairs, desk, sink, kettle, microwave and fridge) on the corner of the building with 2 views of the city and bedroom with wardrobe, desk, tv and ensuite bathroom. There was plenty of room and I only wish we'd had more time there to make the most of it all. We had the tv on briefly and were impressed with the fact that not only did all the channels work properly, there was a decent selection of channels that people actually watch.

The bathroom was bright and spotlessly clean with shower over the bath, sink, Gilcrest & Soames toiletries and plenty of shelf space for all the girlie rubbish I cart around everywhere. Its a simple thing, but I do appreciate it when hotels invest in heated bathroom mirrors so that one section stays steam-free when you're in the shower. Towels were soft and of a sensible size too. The bed itself was very comfortable and we slept really well. My only grumble for the whole stay was that although the curtains were blackout-lined, they let in a lot of light at the sides - not sure there's much that can be done about it, and I'd have been fine had I remembered my eye-shades.

The buffet breakfast (£10 if you book it in advance or £13.50 on the day) was tasty and we enjoyed a full english, supplemented with a few pastries and didn't need to eat again until late afternoon. My boyfriend found a compatriot in the turkish waitor (Ordun??) who offered us omelettes or something else made to order, but we were fine with what we had. We went down fairly late, so maybe we'd missed the rush, but there were only 3 other occupied tables so no scrum at the buffet, lovely.

Checking out was as smooth as our arrival and the member of staff (Katie?) was very helpful and friendly. I have a soft-spot for Coventry and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again to further explore Warwickshire. The great price and excellent customer service make it a no-brainer for me.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
RamadaCoventry, General Manager at Ramada Hotel & Suites Coventry, responded to this review, May 28, 2009
Dear Beanstickle

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post such a comprehensive review follwoing your recent stay with us. Comments of any nature are always welcomed, but such positive ones are particularly encouraging to the team here. I do hope you enjoyed your visit to the area and we hope to welocme you once again? Please remember that you can contact me directly for any future enquiries, as at the hotel, we gurantee to offer the best available rate.

steven.cosgrove@ramadacoventry.co.uk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Shropshire UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2009

The purpose of our trip was to have a nice relaxing break as Mrs LARDY had a promotional exam to complete the following day. I had contacted the hotel in advance to request a quiet room on a high floor. I had also placed a few comments on the Coventry forum and was pleasantly surprised to be contacted by the manager.

This kind of personal service is something that you don’t often find from the big hotel chains so was most welcome.

On arrival we were allocated room 603 which was an upgrade to a studio room. I was handed a bundle of local information that I had requested in my e-mail and made our way to our room. The room itself was a very good size complete with double wardrobe, sofa, desk and tea/coffee making facilities. There was a flat screen TV that could be moved to enable you to watch from most angles. The bed was very comfy and the bathroom a spotless brilliant white. Our room overlooked the entrance to the hotel which is a one way street making it very quiet. We were on the sixth floor, so I suppose this would feel the same if on a lower level.

Across the road from the hotel are a few shops including a newspaper/off-licence, barber shop and some take-aways. The hotel has a secure car-park to the side which is only £4.00 per night. You can come and go as many times as you want and the reception staff will re issue you a ticket to exit.

We spent most of the day away from the hotel so didn’t use the facilities to their full extent. That said, when asking staff for information of places to go and see for our day of leisure they were more than helpful. In particular ‘Alex’ who worked on reception was spot on.

We woke the next morning refreshed and relaxed (Mrs LARDY as best as can be expected) and tucked into the wonderful full English breakfast. Again, the staff were very friendly and chatty and couldn’t do enough to ensure that you had plenty of refills.

Would definitely stay here again for a centre spot for Coventry and the airport. Although not a business user the meeting rooms appeared in full use and there appeared to be a lot of business type activity around the hotel.

PS. A big thank you to the manager Steve COSGROVE who I am sure is an influence on the staff being so helpful and happy.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear LardyUk

I thank you in response to your review following your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure to meet with you and I hope that Mrs Lardy's Exam went well and you managed to relax for the rest of your stay and enjoy some of what Coventry and the surrounding area has to offer. Please feel free to contact myself in the future should you have any need to revisist the area and we hope to welcome you once again to the Ramada Hotel & Suites and to Coventry.

General manager
steven.cosgrove@ramadacoventry.co.uk
Sheffield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

I stayed here for one night on 25th April 2009 for business. I had a double room which was enormous with a very large bed and good sized bathroom with a double shower. All very clean and modern. Flat screen TV which allows you to play music tracks as well as TV. Staff were very good, very polite and attentive. Breakfast was extra £10 but included a full English much to my surprise. This was cooked to order rather than a buffet and I had the best cooked breakfast that I've had for years. I would definitely stay here again. It has a multistorey car park next door and is close to the ring road.

RamadaCoventry, General Manager at Ramada Hotel & Suites Coventry, responded to this review, May 14, 2009
Dear Lesleysheffiled

Please accept my thanks for your posting following your recent stay with us. It pleases us to know that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you once again in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2009

I stayed at the Ramada Hotel from 15th to 18th March 2009. I stayed in a Standard Executive Room (Room 510) on the fifth floor. I pre-booked the room and asked that the room be at the back of the hotel and away from the lifts, and this request was fulfilled. The room was modern, very clean, and quite cosy. The bathroom was also modern and very clean with a good-sized shower. The air-conditioning worked well and I was able to keep the room at a nice warm temperature. The room had all the facilities I needed: internet access (chargeable), desk, hairdryer, TV/radio channels, tea/coffee/biscuits, and an iron/ironing board. The hotel staff were courteous and attentive. The evening room service was quick and the large-portioned food was good. The adjoining car park isn't owned by Ramada, but Ramada guests get a discounted price of £4 a day. The area surrounding the hotel and the hotel's exterior are not picturesque, but once inside the hotel the interior and the staff more than make up for it. However, I do have a couple of gripes. The bathroom plumbing can be quite noisy. During the day I could hear the plumbing after using the taps. The first night I was awoken a few times because of plumbing noises. However, on subsequent nights there didn't appear to be any problems because I slept through. My other gripe is the "hot" breakfast buffet. Even though the restaurant opens at 6:30am, by 7:00am the "hot" buffet was actually cold. In this day and age it should be possible for restaurants to keep hot food hot for a few hours. I enjoy a full English breakfast, but this was not possible at the restaurant. On the two occasions I visited the restaurant, I had to make do with a continental-style breakfast. Overall though, I was pleased with Ramada and would definitely stay again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
RamadaCoventry, General Manager at Ramada Hotel & Suites Coventry, responded to this review, April 9, 2009
Dear Immediatley2003

I thank you for your time taken to post your review following your stay with us.

I am pleased your overall experience was above satisfaction. In response to the issues you had mentioned, I would like to advise that I have made maintenance aware of your problem with noise from the plumbing. Also, with regards to the temperature of the hot buffet, we have increased the base temperature of the ceramic plate to halp retain the heat. We have also rearranged the layout to ensure that the display bowls are kept within the optimum heat range and not near the edge where the temperature can be lower. With these actions, we aim to have resolved the issue.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future. Please feel free to contact the team at the hotel, where we guarantee to off the best available rate.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2009

Stayed at the Ramada Coventry for one night with my husband, due to previous reviews on TripAdvisor. We were in Coventry for the last night of Sunshine On Leith, as we couldn't get to Scotland to see it during the rest of its run. I booked via the Ramada website, rates were £49 for a room or £69 for a studio, which we thought were good value so we booked a studio. I think our reservation said check-in was from 3pm but as I wanted to be in place for the 6 nations rugby match kick-off I telephoned in advance and in fact check-in was from 2pm. I also telephoned about the car parking - the NCP is next door to the hotel, you can park anywhere and the hotel give you a ticket on departure in exchange for £4pn. On both occasions the staff were friendly and helpful.

The hotel is not a looker from the outside, but it and the car park were easy to find (with directions), at check-in we were given a choice of floors - we went for the top floor (16th) for the views (!) and no-one above us. I'm glad we did go for a studio - it was not spacious but perfectly adequate, and we cosied up on the sofa to watch the rugby and ordered some room service. I suspect a std room would have been fine, but I'm glad we upgraded (could've taken a chance on a free upgrade as others have had, but thought they might offer us a suite if upgrades were standard practice).

For room service we both ordered a burger and chips which was large and tasty, but the chips were a touch undercooked - but we still woolfed them down. I was disappointed that the bed was just a double - we've upgraded from a King to a Superking at home, but there definitely wasn't space for either of those in the room. Also the duvet was very thin and hanging out of the bottom of the duvet cover by about a foot, but at least the bedding wasn't those awful brown blankets you still get in some places with a sheet. We slept fine, though the aircon seemed to bother my husband's sinuses somewhat.

The bathroom was a good size for just a basin, loo and large shower. I think I may have put in the hotel feedback that I've just completed that the pressure was fine, but thinking back it was very good.

We had a drink in the bar before bedtime - nice decor and ambience. Standard tea/coffee facilities in the room. Didn't try the breakfast due to previous TripAdvisor reviews. There was a queue at check-out (11am) but we were able to leave the car and come back for our token later. Again all staff were friendly helpful and efficient.

Coventry itself looked like it had come a long way from our preconceptions in the visitors brochure, but the mass of busy roads and subways between the hotel and town centre really didn't appeal to us. We ate in the theatre before the show, which was all great, just wish they'd said earlier we could have dessert in the interval, as it was all getting a bit stressful timewise. We had breakfast in Ikea, which is one of the new city-centre types where you get a lift to the top and work your way down. If we had to stay in Coventry again, we would stay in this hotel again for sure.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
RamadaCoventry, General Manager at Ramada Hotel & Suites Coventry, responded to this review, March 23, 2009
Dear JoasiaM,
I appreciate your time taken to leave a review following your stay with us. Your comments are important to us and will ensure the relevant departments are aware of your feedback.
Complimentary upgrades are not a standard practice. However, please feel free to contact myself for any future accommodation requirements and I will endeavour to upgrade you to suite with my compliments. we hope to welcome you back to the city again in the near future.
Kind regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2009

On arrival at this hotel we were met and guided to a secure car park. The reception staff were warm and welcoming. The rooms were ample sized and well equipped. The bar was very welcoming also and the staff were friendly and smart.
This hotel is clean and well kept. The staff are friendly and always had time for the guests. never appearing harassed or too busy for the guest.
the location and prices are perfect and after looking at other hotels in the area i would recomment Ramada hotel and Suites without a shoadow of a doubt. I have every intention of visiting again.

• Liked — It was all kept so well that it all appeared new.
  • Disliked — nothing at all. everything was perfect.
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
RamadaCoventry, General Manager at Ramada Hotel & Suites Coventry, responded to this review, February 19, 2009
Dear Phil578,

Thank you for taking the time to let others know about your great stay with us. I am pleased that you would choose to stay with us the next time you are in Coventry. Feel free to contact the team direct here, for any future dates, as we guarantee to offer the best avaiable rate.

Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2009

Booked hotel as going to a function in Coventry. Rooms very modern and well eqiupped. Paid £49 one night room only which was good value. Staff very friendly. Good location for City Centre. Couldnt fault it.

• Liked — clean and modern
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
RamadaCoventry, General Manager at Ramada Hotel & Suites Coventry, responded to this review, January 7, 2009
Dear Narcky,
Thank you for posting your findings, following your stay with us.
I would like to point out that the the hotel guarantee's to offer the Best Avaialble Rate, so for any future bookings, please feel free to contact us direct and we hope to welcome you once again!
Regards
Steven Cosgrove

Been to Ramada Hotel & Suites Coventry? Share your experiences!