“Military Reunion” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Military Reunion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

For complete satisfaction and price I felt that I had made the right choice by choosing a Premier Inn for my stay. I have never been disappointed wherever I have stayed and can certainly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
colchester essex
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

We thankfully only stayed one night, would never go there again,staff not friendly,bathroom not cleaned smelly mould in toilet and bath.Very hot night had to have window open cars parked right up to the window so car doors being opened and closed constantly.The only good thing was the breakfast next door was excellent the usual premier inn standard.I would not recommend this hotel,we have stayed in many and found them excellant,but this one lets them down.

Room Tip: They only have ground floor rooms.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Premier_Inn, Social Media at Premier Inn Coventry East - Ansty, responded to this review, October 7, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Hampshire, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

This is one of the older Premier Inns, but I don't mean that as a criticism. It is maintained to an excellent standard, being as clean and comfortable as I have come to take for granted from Premier Inns. One advantage is the rooms have a bath with an over-bath shower rather than the shower cubical you get in the newer Premier Inns.

The real plus of this hotel though is the location. It is in the middle of nowhere surrounded by fields. Really quiet, although if you don't fancy eating in the attached Brewers Fayre restaurant you will need to drive or get a taxi to go elsewhere.

The hotel is set off of one corner of the pub car park. The hotel is one strpey high and forms a courtyard which is the hotel car park. So it is close to the pub (actually it is adjoined to it), but is has it's own separate space, so you can park away from the comings and goings of the pub and the bedrooms are also away from any noise from the pub. Having said that, the layout does mean that hotel guests park up against the hotel rooms on the inside if the courtyard (and you don't necessarilly park outside your own room). When I was there one early-riser started his car and turned on his stereo before sitting in his car studying his map for ages before pulling away. By then everyone in surrounding rooms must have been awake! It only takes one thoughtless person though, doesn't it!

The attached Brewers Fayre is very large, with seating on two floors plus an outside area. The staff were really friendly, but as seems to be usual for pubs in this chain, barely enough of them around. I had already eaten before I arrived so I only needed to buy a few drinks and I didn't have any real problems. But the barman was often away clearing tables or doing something else when me or others wanted to be served- not his fault, but there needed to be at least another person working there. Maybe I'm being picky, but this is consistent with my experience at other Brewers Fayres, including the local pub to where I live (which I no longer go to because the bar is always under-staffed and food takes ages to arrive!). I would be a little concerned about staying here on a Saturday for this reason, especially as there are no other pubs or restauarants nearby.

Room Tip: If you get the chance, ask for a room that doesn't overlook the car pak; ask for an outward faci...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Watford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

Stayed here for a family birthday being held at Coombe Abbey (medieval banquet). Really handy as just around the corner. Taxi service excellent and very cheap.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Christchurch, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

We have sayed in Premier inns before and they are basic but clean and very comfortable. This one was no different. My husband and I were staying with our two children. There were two beds for the children made up either side of the main bed which was great and there was still plenty of room though. What we were most impressed with was the staff. They were all really friendly and welcoming. Very helpful and good with the children. We had medicine for our son which needed to be kept cold. The manager of the attached bar/restaurant kindly allowed us to keep it in their fridge for the whole of our stay and for the remainder of the day after we had checked out too, so all we had to do was pick it up with a bag of ice from the bar before we headed home. The staff were fantastic and all seemed genuinely happy to help.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Clean rooms, pleasant location, and outstandingly friendly and helpful staff. The level of service was better than I have experienced in some 4/5 * properties.

Room Tip: All the rooms are at ground level with car parking bays immediately outside the windows
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

We've come for a wedding.Staff were the most helpful I have met.Nothing was to much trouble.Allowed us to early check in in order to get ready for the wedding,reccommend us a taxi.Next day the right cure for my hangover was a scrumptious breakfast.Definitely will reccommend.

Room Tip: Ring hotel and tell them your requirements.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Premier Inn Coventry East - Ansty? Share your experiences!