Stayed on Business overnight on the 27th.
After an intense day exhibiting at the NEC I was grateful to find that the hotel booked for my overnight accommodation was less than 5 minutes from the centre - perfect.
I was unsure what to expect and had set my standards low given my past experiences with Best Western of dilapidated and aged decor. However I was surprised to find this particular hotel to be more 'modernised' and cleaner cut that your average Best Western. Stayed in Room 225 and can't fault the room facilities and amenities itself. What I will say is that I could hear every word of the conversations from room 226 including their half hourly visits to the toilets - the walls are paper thin! If you're a light sleeper, this probably is not the place for you. Sound proofing between rooms is not great. Views across the course were absolutely outstanding, just a shame it was a dreary day.
Did not try the Spa facilities therefore cannot comment.
Food is priced very well for a hotel with a sirloin steak coming in at around the £20 mark. Had asked for medium but was delivered rare. Food was not great. I attempted to flag down one of the Waitresses though they were not very attentive even though it seemed to be rather quiet in the restaurant.
Breakfast choice was great if a little cold. Again, waitresses seemed a little distant.
In general, it was a rather pleasant visit. In summary, the only negatives would be the seeming lack of sound proofing and the service in the restaurant. The latter could just be down to a 'bad day' so I wouldn't dwell too much on that.
I would most definitely stay at the Hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have the most luxurious rooms available for weekend breaks and business stays in the Birmingham, Coventry, Solihull and the NEC area. Unlike most luxury hotels we also boast golf courses, a health club and a leisure club. You will find that unlike most hotels you will have the opportunity to relax, play sport and dine in fine style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Windmill Village Hotel Golf & Leisure Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Windmill Village Hotel Golf And Leisure Club
- Windmill Village Coventry