“Conveniently located for the NEC” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Windmill Village Hotel Golf & Leisure Club

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Windmill Village Hotel Golf & Leisure Club to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windmill Village Hotel Golf & Leisure Club
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Birmingham Road | Allesley, Coventry CV5 9AL, England (Formerly Windmill Village Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 50% off stays!
Ranked #12 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Conveniently located for the NEC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Stayed on Business overnight on the 27th.

After an intense day exhibiting at the NEC I was grateful to find that the hotel booked for my overnight accommodation was less than 5 minutes from the centre - perfect.

I was unsure what to expect and had set my standards low given my past experiences with Best Western of dilapidated and aged decor. However I was surprised to find this particular hotel to be more 'modernised' and cleaner cut that your average Best Western. Stayed in Room 225 and can't fault the room facilities and amenities itself. What I will say is that I could hear every word of the conversations from room 226 including their half hourly visits to the toilets - the walls are paper thin! If you're a light sleeper, this probably is not the place for you. Sound proofing between rooms is not great. Views across the course were absolutely outstanding, just a shame it was a dreary day.

Did not try the Spa facilities therefore cannot comment.

Food is priced very well for a hotel with a sirloin steak coming in at around the £20 mark. Had asked for medium but was delivered rare. Food was not great. I attempted to flag down one of the Waitresses though they were not very attentive even though it seemed to be rather quiet in the restaurant.

Breakfast choice was great if a little cold. Again, waitresses seemed a little distant.

In general, it was a rather pleasant visit. In summary, the only negatives would be the seeming lack of sound proofing and the service in the restaurant. The latter could just be down to a 'bad day' so I wouldn't dwell too much on that.

I would most definitely stay at the Hotel again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
John H, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Windmill Village Hotel Golf & Leisure Club, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay, it is great to see you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to you visiting us again when you are in the area.

John Hawley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Benfleet, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

My wife and I took her parents for a golf and spa weekend and from the moment we arrived to the minute we left the staff we friendly helpful and made the stay great.The food in the cellar bar was really good and the spa facilities were good and the staff fantastic. Great value for money lovely little golf course with very tricky greens which made it a challenging couple of rounds.Would definitely return.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank for your comments concerning your recent stay, these will be passed through to the whole team we are glad you enjoyed your stay.

John Hawley
Newcastle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Stayed for one night with my partner and what a delightful time we had. Paid £68.50 for one night b&b. Room was lovely, overlooking golf course and as on the ground floor a little patio area with chairs and table. In the summer would be great to sit out (or as my partner said a beer from the bar whilst sat out waiting for me to get ready)! Staff really friendly, hotel clean and welcoming. Ate in the restaurant in the evening for £20 per person for two courses (available if you are an overnight guest). Nice to see the wine list not vastly over priced and got a lovely bottle of shiraz for £16.95 which in a hotel isnt bad in my opinion. Food was great and plentiful. Tried the spa facilities and my only gripes would be 1) full of children having swimming lessons which is fine but maybe consider informing guests on what time they are held etc so if you chose you can go at a different time. 2) Limited sun beds a few more would be nice. 3) also the hot tub is an extension of the swimming pool so the water is exactly the same temp as the pool (just bubbly pool water) which was a tad chilly. Other than that had a great time and breakfast was splendid.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
John H, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Windmill Village Hotel Golf & Leisure Club, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for you comments concerning your recent stay at our Hotel, it is great to read you enjoyed your stay and all your feedback will be passed through to the team.

We do hope to see you again soon when you next visit the area.

Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

My partner and I stayed at this hotel after my close friend had recommended it to me. I was a little uncomfortable at first but the staff made me feel very welcome and greeted us at the front desk with a smile and a precise description of the whereabouts of the catering and where our room was located. The room was as expected, clean and comfy with an excellent view of the golf course. The staff were polite and friendly. Even when walking around the hotel, they still smiled and asked about our day. The breakfast was delightful and the waitresses were very friendly, nothing was too much for them. They catered our every need and did so with a smile. Personally I did not go to the spa or go swimming but I was curious so took a walk down to see what my friend was fussing about. She was more than right!! I was taken away by the ambiance of the spa and the pool looked very tempting...shame I forgot my swimming costume!
All in all, I could not ask for a better weekend getaway for me and my husband. We will definitely be recommending this to our friends and family and will be returning very soon!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It is great to see you enjoyed your stay with us so much, I will be passing your comments through to the whole team.

The team look forward to welcoming you back very soon so once again you can enjoy all of facilities we have to offer.

Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Received a lovely, warm welcome and a room with a view over the golf course - arrived just in time to see the sunset from my window. Easy to find and a good amount of free parking. Felt like I was in the countryside rather than close to a main road. After a busy day at the NEC it was an easy, short drive to the hotel and I instantly felt relaxed on arrival.

Had a drink in the bar, great space with doors onto the lawn, visited the pool, good length for lap swimming, friendly staff in the leisure centre, wish the Spa had been open later so I could have had a treatment.

I ordered room service and the food felt fresh and home cooked. I stayed as a business traveller and it suited my needs, but I'd equally be happy to return on a weekend with my mum for a leisure visit. I'll be back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your comments it is great to see you enjoyed your stay and found our Hotel comfortable and relaxing, as you found we are ideally located for the NEC and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Tralee Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

My first stay here for crufts with my overseas visitors. Fabulous facilities. Good food(we ate in cellar bar) efficient and helpful staff. Great walking for dogs (we had lodge rooms) rooms were everything we expected. Morning of going to crufts they delivered breakfast to room at 5.45 am...perfect in every way..will definitely be back.. only downside is having to drive some distance to be able to change direction on dual carriageway to get to coventry but hey it was not a.problem. well done windmill management and team

• Stayed March 2014
John H, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Windmill Village Hotel Golf & Leisure Club, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay, its is great to read you enjoyed our Hotel whilst visiting crufts at the NEC.

We hope to welcome you back soon to the Best Western Plus Windmill Village Hotel.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Windmill Village Hotel Golf & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!