“Food is awesome ” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Newton Aycliffe
“Food is awesome ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Visited with family quite late on a Saturday night, hadn't booked but this wasn't a problem.
My daughter had been before and recommended to us.
The restaurant is not license to sell alcohol but you can take your own, it was late so we didn't need any more lager but just had a soft drink.
The restaurant was quiet but like I say it was late, menu is extensive and lots of choice, all the old standard Indian classics but lots of chef's specials and more adventurous dishes as well.
Service was pleasant and efficient and the pickle tray was replenished willingly.
Food arrived promptly and was delicious, we regularly eat indian cuisine all over England and all agreed that this is well up with the best.
Difficult to comment on the atmosphere of the restaurant as it was late and probably near to closing when we popped in.
The take away seemed popular and I would definitely try this if I lived locally.

Coventry, England
“Lovely place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Well, you could walk past and not give it a second look. Your loss, believe me. OK not the most atmospheric restaurant but my, the staff make up for it. There is the most lovely attentive young lady waiting on tables. Not that it matters but I think she is Eastern European. She is so pleasant.
You are treated like you are in a 5* restaurant. Advised on the food and the value for money. Guided to what you really want. The food? Excellent !!!! No other word for it. It isn't licensed so its bring your own alcohol. That certainly saves a couple of quid on the bill.
Last time we were there was our wedding anniversary. I happened to mention this to the young lady. We were called back to our table on leaving and presented with a lovely ice cream dessert. It was a wonderful gesture and shows the caring of the staff.
I've been many times with family and friends and find it terrific. I've taken Indian mates with me who are very critical. Not a negative comment at all.
Wonderful place and great value.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Birthday”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Went here last night, and the food and service was disgusting. Dirty glasses and food was awful. We were booked in for 8.30 and did not get are main course till 10.30. What should have been a lovely evening turned out to me a nightmare. We were celebrating my nephew 21st birthday. Never will go there again

Coventy
“Glad i found this restaurant!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

My third visit here, and to be honest I don't think there is even a single thing about this place which I will class below 5 star. Once again very welcoming and friendly staff and clean restaurant.
Tried Chicken Makhni, requested it to be spicy and more traditional and it was way better than i expected. Very talented chefs. Family had same views on their first visit. Naan breads were fresh and fluffy.
Recommended.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Traditional taste.... top notch service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Went here with my 4 friends and were looking for indian restsurant and came across really good restaurant with good location good food and really good hospitality . When we entered the restaurant we were greeted so nicely and decor was really good. We ordered mix platter in starter which was really nice and best part was chicken tikka which was cooked to perfection.
Being an indian I have tasted many indian restaurant but this is one of the best. In main course ordered dal makhani which was best . Real taste and the best thing is loved biryani as I am from south india and it was really good in taste and good portion thanks to the manager for recommending it.

• Visited November 2013