“Sticky Table Pub” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Sticky Table Pub”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I guess we have all done this, been out with the family all day and call into a very nice looking country pub for a bite to eat on the way home. This is where it all went wrong; don’t be fooled by the pretty flowers, outside the entrance door, I went into the restaurant bar and ordered some drinks, I asked what time do you stop serving food, the bar staff replied 9.30, so I asked if I could set up a tab and sit outside as the weather was fantastic, I was informed you cannot have a tab and sit on the decking, tabs are only for customers who sit inside! I asked the member of staff could we have a table inside as I wanted to pay using my Visa card. We were shown to a table, where the previous customers dinner had not been cleaned away from probabbly from the table and the place mats were stuck to the table with what I can only assume is sticky ice cream, Nice!! However, when we sat down we were handed the menus and within 5 minutes we were asked by a member of staff could I take your order, and she stood there until we looked through the menu with an expression of come on hurry up. When the food arrived it was poor and overdone

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“Will never go back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Went today all problems were everybody else's fault,obviously thought over 2 hours to wait for a plaice dish that had as much fish as a piece of scampi was acceptable. The landlady is manipulative when dealing with complaints making you feel that you are in the wrong for daring to question anything about her pub.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Average food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

After visiting the bull and butcher on numerous times, I can say it has a good outdoor area for the children to play and see the animas! As for the food I can say that it is very average and the breakfast is served with the cheapest sausage and bacon you can imagine! No such thing as service with a smile.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Great value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Very extensive menu, great value for money, large portions, bottle of wine under a tenner :) walking distance to our B & B.
Excellent service, staff very friendly, constantly busy for a Monday night.

Visited May 2013
Cork
“lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

great menu, great atmosphere and a good pint. Places like this are what makes England a good place to visit. The Lamb was perfect and steak and ale pie was spot on.

Visited May 2013