“Not good!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Days Hotel Coventry

You added Days Hotel Coventry to your Saves list
Days Hotel Coventry
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   80 - 90 Holyhead Rd, Coventry CV1 3AS, England (Formerly Aston Court Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel deals
Special Price
Book Early and Save 15%!
Ranked #25 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
“Not good!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I had damp all over the room (please see photos), very poor decoration, the shower head was loose so couldn't shower, the loo roll holder fell to bits when I tried to use it, I paid for a double room but it was two single beds pushed together which wouldn't be too bad it they were the same hight and the bathroom extractor fan does not turn off.
But it was clean!

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Paisley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I booked this hotel as I was nearest to where I had to be as I had to go to Coventry on business, the rate I got was nearly half what a premier inn was ,where I usually stay , as we drove to it looked a bit tired but we were only staying one night ,
as we entered I was surprised it was really nice and the reception staff very helpful , the rooms are okay no faults , got the usual stuff , plus I had a fan and trouser press in mines ,
the hotel has a gym , which I didn't expect , the restaurant is indian and also they do a full range of other food which can be eaten in the bar , again the staff are excellent , our dinner was good , and bar prices very reasonable, we paid £40.00 for each room and this included a continental breakfast , we are going back soon and ive already decided where im staying

Room Tip: try get a room away from main road at front of hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Corris
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Room was clean. It was a very hot night and i was on the third floor - heat rises and it would have been uncomfortable so I was pleased to find an electric fan already in there. Staff were friendly. East access to Coventry city centre.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Perth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

My Husband booked us in for 4 days.It was advertised as a Premier Room,with leather reclining chair,mini-bar,we had niether.When we arrived there was a thunder storm and water started to pour in one of the windows.The room attendant dived in and started to mop it up.We went down to reception to report it(i was secretly hoping we would get a new room),to be told it was fixed and okay now.My Husband had brought our touch screen computer but found u needed to connect it up with a keyboard,he asked at reception if he could borrow the one they had downstairs just to connect us,the answer was no.The bar was advertised as being open 24hrs-it wasnt open til 5.30pm.We had one meal in the restaurant,the food was good but the courses took ages to arrive.We had one drink each as no-one bothered to ask if we wanted a top-up.The reception staff had no interaction with us.The room had no air-con,no fans,and as it was so hot we had to leave the windows open,which wouldn't have been a problem if we weren't on a main road which had a constant stream of buses,lorries,cars with blaring music.We stayed there for 4 nightwhich were sleepless nights!Nightmare!

Room Tip: Do not have a room on the Holyhead road
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Gold Coast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Friendly staff, who changed my noisy room to a queiter one at the back. Fairly standard OK room. Typical English shower, just a dribble of water pressure. I didn't expect much from the "continental breakfast", but it was ok.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the main road, which is very noisy with the windows open in the summer
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

For the price, the hotel is fairly good. The room was a bit dated, but very tidy, with clean linen and towels and good toiletry. The staff were extremely nice and helpful. The breakfast room looked lovely and the free breakfast provided was excellent. The I stayed in room was quiet,so, overall, I had a pleasant stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I'm in Coventry for work quite a bit at the moment so this is the 2nd hotel I've tried. Its cheap and a bit faded, but the room was big, clean and comfortable, the staff are lovely and helpful and if you order from the Indian menu, the food is good. Free breakfast is also a good thing! I'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Been to Days Hotel Coventry? Share your experiences!