“NEC VISITOR.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 10% OFF Room Rate
Ranked #14 of 39 Hotels in Coventry

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
ncle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Arrived at the hotel around 5pm ( we were a party of 23 on a National Holidays coach trip).
Checked in with no problems, rooms look newly decorated and made welcome by reception.
The weekend was part of a 50th birthday for one of our group.
We had rang the hotel prior to arriving and requested a cake and balloons etc for the evening celebrations.
Speaking to the Duty manager on arrival, He did not know anything about the request but within an hour he had arranged for a cake and balloons etc to be bought and even decorated.
The Staff who served us the evening meal ( 3 course with 3 choices) were very polite and catered for all our needs.
The bar staff and the entertainment was fantastic and they even enjoyed some of our group helping them out with adhoc entertainment until the wee hours.
Breakfast the next day was great with a good selection all hot and plenty of coffee.
Thoroughly enjoyed our visit to this hotel and a big thank you again to the staff on duty who went out off there way to make the weekend a merorable one.
A big thank you to our driver Sean from National Holidays, he was great and enjoyed all the party antics over the two days. Hope we get him next year.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Coventryquality, Director of Sales at Quality Hotel Coventry, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Good Morning

Thank you so much for this great review of the Quality Hotel Coventry.

The Team here are so pleased you had a lovely stay here; we all look forward to seeing you again in the not too distant future

Kind regards

The Team -
Quality Hotel Coventry
Formby, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I wanted a cheap hotel room for one night when on business in Coventry and chose this hotel a few months ago. It was very good. Sadly the next time I was down this way. I chose the adjacent Coventry Hill Hotel and please read my review of that ordeal.

That left me back at the slightly more expensive Quality Hotel Coventry. Staff are lovely and very efficiency and the room was clean, warm, secure and I had a fantastic nights sleep. All the things the adjacent hotel isn't.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Coventryquality, Director of Sales at Quality Hotel Coventry, responded to this review, March 25, 2014

Thank you so much for your valued posting on Trip Advisor.

The whole team at the Quality Hotel Coventry look forward to welcoming you back here in the not too distant future.

In the meantime

Wexford, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

relocated here from a near by hotel . And was delighted to see a lovely clean reception area. staff very friendly We got 3 rooms they where small but clean and had a comfortable bed. and the bathroom was also clean .food was ok had to wait 3/4 hr for 3 chicken strips and chips as the cooker had to be cleaned . but it served with a smile I had booked a late stay till 2 pm as my flight wasnt till 7.20 pm ..and i had also ordered room service breakfast for 9.30 am. Someone banging on my bedroom door woke me at 8.10 AM and i woke to see a cleaner in my room wanting to know when i was leaving i replied i had a late stay only to be told that i shouldnt as there was a coach load arriving and they needed all rooms I stated i havnt even had my breakfast yet and it wasnt arriving till half nine she wasn't happy about this i pointed out that checkout was at 11 am and i was still sleeping when she woke me she said she see if i could stay but not likely . I had my and breakfast one sausage one egg and 1 bacon 11.50 sterling and 3 pounds for service I was out of hotel by 10.45 oh and on leaving was asked to pay for breakfast again other than being told to leave early not a bad place .to stay if no where else to go i would go back .

Room Tip: check your room before checking in and accepting it
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

In the meantime

Ashton-under-Lyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We didn't pick this Hotel as we were on a National Holidays weekend. The room stunk badly of stale fags, my daughters bed wobbled and squeaked like mad, the cups had not been washed, the guy on reception couldn't believe it and apologised profusely and gave me new ones, the bathroom was filthy, sink dirty and someone else's long hair all over the floor, short and curlies all round the toilet, uck.

We had a problem with the room next door, TV was on when we arrived at 4.10pm but did not bother us as ours was on too however when it was still blasting out at 4am we were fuming having had no sleep, I rang reception and the guy came and knocked on but at 4.25am it was still blasting out, I rang back and he said nobody came to the door and maybe they were drunk and asleep - oh nice good for them - I said maybe they'd snuffed it! He went to check computer and said "the room is still occupied", so I suggested he RING the room, which he seemed reluctant to do, so I told him if he didn't I would go smash the door down as by this time I was very very tired and angry, eventually at 4.35am all went quiet!!

The food was good but as we were on an organised trip the way it was set up wasn't very good, most tables were set up to seat six people meaning that families were being split up and people having to sit with other families, one lady commented that it was like being at school!! I think the seating plan needs reviewing. Breakfast was lovely with a good choice, self service and eat as much as you like. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Hmmm the bar, I ordered 2 Pints of Carling and a small Lemonade and nearly fell over when the barman said £9.60!! Way overpriced, especially the child's Lemonade which I usually pay 50p for half a pint!! The really annoying thing was as most people had left he stuck up a note saying Happy Hour 8-10pm £1 off all drinks, maybe if he'd done this earlier more people would have stayed as would we.

The Entertainment was a joke, 2 old blokes who were rude about all the children,(this was a trip for kids to Cadbury World and Disney on Ice) who I hasten to add were having a fab time dancing and singing, the singer kept saying things like "is it not time these kids were in bed", anyway the parents got fed up of it and took the kids to bed so the bar went from being full to just 2 people, that lost the hotel money. Maybe they could sack the old codgers off and just play music
Lovely staff, nice food but would not recommend it.

Room Tip: Room at the back quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your valued posting on Trip Advisor.

The whole team at the Quality Hotel Coventry work hard to ensure our guests are well looked after and, to that end, we are so grateful for your kind comments.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Hotel is fantastic, staff super friendly and helpful. The food in the hotel was a little pricey for what it was. Rooms are nice and spacious, tv's were a little dated in some of the rooms and if you are staying at the front end of the hotel, there is a busy dual carriageway a stones throw away so you don't have total peace and quiet. With the wifi, was lucky to get half a meg so if wanting to do more than the most basic of web browsing you will be struggling.
As for the water, nice and hot for having a bath or shower and for boiling to make a brew but i would not recommend drinking the tap water. When you fill a cup it is a milky colour and several of my colleagues staying there as well were toilet-bound for a day or 2 afterwards after drinking it.
Breakfast was cracking as well. Buffet style with a choice of cereals, continental or cooked.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the rear are quieter and rooms towards the front have a better selection of tv channel...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Coventryquality, Director of Sales at Quality Hotel Coventry, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Good Morning

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on this valuable site. The team here are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay - and Chef was delighted you enjoyed your breakfast!

Please call me next time you wish to stay with us in order that I can offer you a better direct rate.

Kind regards

Ludlow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Oh dear. All went fairly well until checkout time. Staff were fine. Rooms were basic and the hot tap did not work in the basin, but the bed was clean and I had an OK night. Food was as expected - large portions, overcooked veg, bought-in puddings, pricey for what it was.

It was a business trip and I had prepaid 3 rooms and 3 evening meals so as to keep it simple and have it all on one bill. The only extras were drinks totalling about £19. At checkout I was shown a bill with an extra £47 to pay. I said I am sure we did not drink that much. The receptionist spent the next 10 minutes or so with her calculator trying/failing to work out what might be wrong. Another party were waiting to check out and believed theirs was straightforward so I suggested they went ahead of me. They had the same problem - the receptionist named an amount around double what they expected.

Meanwhile a restless queue built up and the receptionist seemed to have no option to call for backup, saying it was just her on the desk. It was only when the phone had been ringing and ringing, and the queue behind us getting vocal, that a cleaner happened to drop by the desk and the receptionist asked him to see if the manager was in his office. Then the manager and another woman appeared - she took over with the customer I had let in front of me, and the manager answered the phone before disappearing hastily back to his office.

I was told that my debit card 'would not have been charged' for some of the food which was why my bill was more than expected. It was only when I insisted that it was impossible - if my card had not been charged for my meal it would have been the same for my colleagues - that she checked my colleagues' paperwork and found that I HAD paid the full amount, and did in fact only owe £19. It then took about another 10 minutes to sort out the card payment (having put my card in the previous night to cover bar charges, it all had to be done again anyway). Then ages to sort out a proper receipt.

No-one apologised for the mistakes and the half-hour wasted for myself and colleagues - all for a fairly minor amount in our case, worth less than our time. I do not blame the receptionist - perhaps a lack of training/inadequate systems and above all poor management. But the attitude of the manager - going straight to the phone, ignoring the customers waiting, totally unapologetic as if we were all way beneath him - and as if over-charging were the norm - perhaps he was just disappointed that we noticed.

Needless to say despite being cheap and convenient for the NEC, we will not be staying there again.

Room Tip: Just choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Coventryquality, Director of Sales at Quality Hotel Coventry, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
I won't respond to your review other than to confirm the Team here are delighted to read your final paragraph.

Been to Quality Hotel Coventry? Share your experiences!