“Exellent value for money Hotel!! FREE WIFI TOO :)” 5 of 5 stars

Quality Hotel Coventry
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Birmingham Road | Allesley, Coventry CV5 9BA, England   |
Ranked #19 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
yorkshire
“Exellent value for money Hotel!! FREE WIFI TOO :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I would just like to say thank you, on behalf of my family and I :)

We had a fantastic time on holiday to the stonebridge hotel, coventry
ALL the staff really made our holiday!!

Thanks to ALL our requests,
we couldnt have been treated any better. :)
The requests were all very much fullfilled.

The Hotel, makes ALL their guests feel very special!

We appreciated the staffs dedication and very hardwork
into making our holiday, a most memorable occasion.
The kindness that they show is outstanding!
and NOTHING is too much!
We have very special memories to keep.

for all your effort in making this holiday trouble free
and all your thoughtfullness................

will not be forgotten.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Coventryquality, Director of Sales at Quality Hotel Coventry, responded to this review, July 13, 2011
Hello!

It was a real pleasure to welcome you all to the Quality Hotel Coventry and may I personally, on behalf of all the staff, thank you for your very kind comments; they are hugely appreciated!!!!

We take pride in giving the best service to all our guests at all times and to get this sort of recognition is proof that we meet our own high targets.

Please do visit us again in the not too distant future. Another warm welcome awaits!

Kind regards
Diane Minnis
Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

Ok...I stayed here on a special deal - two nights B&B with champagne afternoon tea. I got a third night's B&B for peanuts too. The deal gave me a 'superior' room and it was lovely - if not altogether the cleanest...The bathroom had not been updated and was a disappointment. There was BLOOD on the toilet seat and scum around the shower. Having said this - everything was quickly rectified at my request.

Breakfast was hearty - if the cold choice somewhat scant - the hot breakfast however was lovely and faultless.

There is a lovely lounge area in the hotel, very comfortable and welcoming.

Lauren checked me in and I received a warm and helpful welcome.

Afternoon tea was spiffing and plentiful.

I dined at the hotel on the final evening and had two courses with drinks for under £20. The TDH menu was sufficient and the food itself, fresh, hot and plentiful.

Despite the disappointment with the bathroom, I have no real complaints. for a 3* hotel, this was well worth the money I paid and would happily return again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Newcastle
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

I went with an open mind after reading the review and we were in a coach party so maybe you get better food if you go in the restaurant, breakfast was ok but when I asked if I could have mushrooms and tomatoe as I don't eat eggs or beans I was told that was all there was but they would ask the chef if I could have some the next day, but when I asked at breakfast I was told unless I was a vegitarian I could not have any.The evening meal was the same and the chicken and mushroom pie was absolutely disgusting. the rooms were ok but a little dated and so hot you could not sleep unless you had the window wide open all night. Would not stay again if we were in that part of the country.

• Stayed May 2011
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

I stayed three nights for business in this hotel and would happily go back. After driving through the gates you see a smart looking building with plentiful, free car parking. The receptionist was friendly and sorted out a minor issue without fuss. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The good sized flatscreen TV had the usual selection of freeview channels. The bed did have a feel that it was on its way out, and probably in need of replacement, but was quite adequate and I slept well.

The bathroom was clean and the shower excellent. The extractor fan went on and on and on after lights out which was quite annoying when trying to get to sleep, but I did find a switch to turn it off which was useful!

My room was very quiet with no external noise and very little noise from other guests. I was however, on the other side of the hotel to the A45 and this might be noisy as my room didn't have double glazing, but the staff did assure me that it is not normally an issue.

The hotel provided a trouser press, iron and a hospitality tray and replaced all the crockery and towels and restocked the hospitality tray every day. For what it's worth, there wasn't a fridge, but I don't know how useful this for most guests. WiFi was free and speedy in all areas, including rooms. There was also a sauna which I didn't use.

There are seemingly a lot coach trips in this hotel and at breakfast I found myself queuing for the food and with nowhere to sit, I asked someone and I was directed to another dining room for non-trip guests - which had another food counter and lots of seats. I would have appreciated this information before queueing for 10 minutes for a glass of orange juice!

I had a couple of drinks and a meal in the pleasantly decorated and comfy bar one night which was reasonably priced (and more so with the £1 off a drink vouchers I got at reception), the bar staff were very friendly and talkative. Bar food was pub quality and perfectly tasty if a bit on the expensive side. As a coach trip was in, the bar was busy and they were doing a pub quiz and bingo which wasn't my ideal hotel bar experience.

All in all, a pretty good hotel and when they don't hike the prices for events, it's very reasonably priced. I would recommend and I'd stay again. This hotel is not in the city centre and so you'd need to drive or get public transport to get into town, it is served very well by roads and was easy to find.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the opposite side to the A45.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

Stayed just one night and had dinner, bed & breakfast for less than fifty quid - can't go wrong.

Spacious, newly refurbished bedroom and public areas.

Food OK but nothing special, served in a very average dining room.

Oh, free wifi - if only some more expensive hotels would offer it free!

But above all, this place is available at a great rate!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

Stayed here at The Quality Hotel for 3 nights over Easter and had a really lovely stay.Staff at reception very pleasent and dealt with us all very quickly and cheerfully.Had a refurbished room at the back of the building so was lovely and peaceful and the bed was very comfortable and the room very clean,I would have liked a wardrobe but this seems to be the way in some hotels now .Lisa was there ready to help with any problems and to ensure all was well .We had cooked breakfast and evening meal (3 course) with a good variety to choose from and helpful staff there, starters and sweets were served by them and the main was a buffet style and you went to get it ..At the bar we were served by Paul who was always very pleasant and cheerful and served us promptly My husband and i think it was very good value for money and we would stay here again ..thankyou to all the staff at Quality for a lovely Easter break..

• Stayed April 2011
Nottingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

booked in for a two night break, place looks of from outside and rooms are ok, but the staff are the let down
, asked about times of meals and was told they were in room with information about the hotel, got to room nothing,, the cleaner was in the corridor she said she had never seen anything like that and to look at the notices round the reception, tried to get into the sauna with the code, gave up on that after 3 attempts, asked if we needed to book a table for evening meal was told just turn up, when got there " have you reserved a table" the meal was ok but not worth 13.95 per person,
And i wont go into the breakfast....... there was a coach trip in and we were told just to follow them up to the buffet, the menu outside said there was a selection of cold meats, yogurts, cerals, and pastries, hash browns, mushrooms, black pudding, beans tomatoes bacon sausages any form of eggs you wanted plus omlettes, we got pink sausages cold fried eggs and thick bacon and beans,
we decided to leave a night early handed the key in and received not a have a safe journey, have you enjoyed your stay or why are you leaving early.
the only time the receptionist spoke the time we were there was to moan about doing two jobs

Room Tip: it looks better than it is
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Hotel Coventry? Share your experiences!