“Poor management, poor catering and poor bar” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #229 of 427 Restaurants in Coventry
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British, Gastropub, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Welcome to the "Terrace Bar and Grill" CoventrySet in the surroundings of a Grade 2 listed building, the former Watchmakers offers a unique dining experience, complimented by wooden beams, contemporary decor and open fires.The “Terrace Bar and Grill" is the perfect venue for any occasion. Our bar offers an extensive range of drinks, from continental beers and detailed wine list to classic cocktails. The Terrace Black Rock Grill provides the benefit of live cooking at your table, a unique modern day cooking method simply adapted from years gone by. Whether it be casual dining, relaxed drinks or that special wedding or party event we are happy to cater for all your needs
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Poor management, poor catering and poor bar”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We had booked the venue as a private function to celebrate my granddaughters Christneing and 1st Birthday Party. There were allot of promises made of what would be delivered on the day but when our 120 guests arrived the bar was poorly stocked and many drinks were not available for our guests. The food was late coming out and there was not enough food to serve all of our guests and the food presented was not what was agreed. We wanted the DJ to be heard on the outside Terrace, we wanted to create an atmosphere but our own DJ had to fiddle with the equipment to try and get this to work with no help from the venue's staff. My family were becoming very stressed and upset on what was a very important day for us and when the management were apprached to resolve the problems they ignored us and dismissed us. We felt ripped off and let down. This is such a beautiful venue and could be a very successful business, it is doubtful that my family and our guests will return to the venue again, what a lost opportunity for the Terrace Bar and Grill to promote and grow their business.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I visited Terrance Bar a few weeks ago with my friends and work colleagues. This is such a lovely place, we were greeted by friendly staff with big smiles which was lovely after a hard day at work. We were impressed by the Menu & Prices and the Cocktails were fantastic! The meal was very high standard as to were the staff. We will certainly be returning as we had such a great experience with the black rock grill. WELL DONE TO EVERYONE CONCERNED, simply EXCELLENCE!!!!!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Very quirky venue and good cocktails!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

I visited the terrace about 2 weeks ago and had a fantantastic evening! My partner and I were very intrigued for our steaks to be served on the black rock grill and it did not disappoint. We both thoroughly enjoyed our experience of the black rock! After food I noticed the cocktail list, which I had to indulge in. The waitress serving was very friendly and helpful so all round a very good experience. it's just a shame I missed the 2 for 1 deal on cocktail between 6 and 8 o'clock as I probably would of tried a few more.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Friendly Staff and Epic Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

We went to the Terrace for my mums birthday in a party of 8 people we were met by smiles from the friendly bar staff, the place itself has lots of character and a good atmosphere, The food was worth every penny we will deffo be returning soon,

Coventry, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Wedding venue, shame about the derelict frontage!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Having been to the venue for a couple of weddings now (one when it was previously Eden) i must say what a lovely quirky building, on arrival it felt like we were entering into someones house, very cosy with a welcoming log fire.....seems a shame when you look out of the window to the orange boards surrounding derelict land, this was however overlooked by the great atmosphere and friendly staff.
I will definately be back to the terrace to try out the Black rock Grill that friends have been raving about.

• Visited June 2012