Stay for one night. Booked online in advance for £37 per room per night.
From the outside the hotel is nothing to look at but once inside the reception area is bright, modern and clean. Staff on reception were polite and friendly though there was a slight confusion as there were
2 M Smiths booked in!
The room was slightly smaller than average but with a modern decor, it was clean and the bed very comfy. The bathroom was also clean with
a powerful shower over a bath.
On the Saturday afternoon my husband wanted to watch the Rugby, there
was no problem putting this on in the bar area and afterwards people were catching up on the football. Bar prices were average.
We didn't have breakfast the next morning but wanted a fresh coffee from the coffee shop - unfortunately this did not open until 11am.
There is a gym and swimming pool attached to the hotel I'm not sure if this is included in the cost of your stay - worth checking out?
There is a reasonable play area for children with two climbing sections one for about 5 and under and one for slightly older children - I'm sure my 5 year old would have enjoyed it if he'd been with us!
My only complaint would be that the chamber maid knocked on the door at 9am. OK we did not put out the do not disturb sign but we were checking out that morning so reception would have told her if we had checked out and the room was ready to change!
On the whole not a bad hotel, clean, modern, friendly staff. I would stay here again though not if it was over £50 per room per night as I know the rates vary so much depending if there are events on in the
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn - Coventry m6, Junction 2 Hotel Coventry
- Holiday Inn - Coventry m6, Junction 2 Hotel
- Holiday Inn Coventry
- Coventry Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of England the Holiday Inn Coventry M6 J2 is a spacious purpose built hotel with air conditioning and high speed internet access. The hotel is situated on the outskirts of the historic city of Coventry. It enjoys a prime location benefiting from the motorway networks of the M6, the M1 and the M69. The Holiday Inn Coventry is only a 15 minute drive from Birmingham Airport and also a 15 minute drive from the Birmingham National Exhibition Centre (NEC). Coventry City Football Club's stadium, the Ricoh Arena, is just an 8 minute drive. They have hosted concerts like Oasis and Take That, the Rugby EDF Energy Cup Semi-Finals and the Midlands Motor Show. Also located beneath the arena is the 36m Isle of Capri Casino offering gaming and entertainment. The hotel is a perfect base for exploring Coventry and Warwickshire. Just a short drive from the hotel you can visit the historic castles of Kenilworth and Warwick, the stately homes and gardens at Stoneleigh Abbey and Coombe Abbey. For the motor enthusiast there is Silverstone and Mallory Park motor racing circuits, Coventry Transport Museum and the Heritage Motor Centre all within easy reach. Back in the hotel after a day exploring indulge yourself in our Spirit Health Club with Swimming Pool, before dining in our contemporary restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn - Coventry M6, Junction 2 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.