“My favourite Indian takeaway in coventry” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #63 of 427 Restaurants in Coventry
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
“My favourite Indian takeaway in coventry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

I have had many meals from here and I have always really enjoyed them. The food is a bit different from your average Indian takeaway, so be prepared. But bags of flavour and not swimming in oil which I find with a lot of places. Definitely my favourite place for an Indian takeaway. I have never used the delivery service so I can't comment on that.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Tanujyash, Manager at Indian Empress, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thanks for your review, we will try to impress
Everyone but, our aim is to keep up our stand,
Of serving good Indian food,

“What's all the fuss about?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We decided to have a Friday night in and order an indian takeaway. We chose Indian Empress due to it's proximity to where we live in Coventry, for it's very positive reviews and the fact that they deliver.
We ordered 2 main dishes, rice and 2 naan, one plain and one stuffed with garlic.
After giving our order over the phone, the delivery time was estimated between 45-60 minutes. A £3 charge was added to the bill to cover delivery.
The food turned up after an hour and a quarter and was not very warm (in either sense). The naan bread was much smaller than we had been used to from other indian restaurants/takeaways and we couldn't tell which one was supposed to be the stuffed one as both were very thin and neither looked stuffed with anything. The dishes themselves were tasty but not spicy enough, in my opinion.
On the whole I don't get what all the fuss is about, I have had better food from other local indian takeaways, so I give this place 3*

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tanujyash, Manager at Indian Empress, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Hi, thanks for the review, we being a take away, we have just started delivering food
And we shall get more organised, on delivery, your comment on naans , we don't use
Self raising flour, for our breads, we shall try our best to improve on the areas where we
Lack.
Thanks
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Really Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We fancied an Indian takeaway for a special occasion but had't had one in ages and Haji's had already closed down! Tried this just-takeaway place on the strength of the reviews and they are all pretty much true. I myself didn't much like one or two of the dishes but they were popular with the others. The staff really are friendly, will advise you on all the options and cook each dish to own variation. I would put this at the top of the list for my next Indian takeaway. Personally, i thought the definition of 'hot' was slightly underdone in order to suit local tastes, but I'll remember that next time and adjust accordingly. It's possible to get better but only by going seriously upmarket (Bombay Brasserie on Gloucester Road?), so all-in-all this place thoroughly deserves its 5*.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tanujyash, Owner at Indian Empress, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Hi thanks for your honest review, we look forward to do our best again and again
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Authentic Indian food in Coventry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I have ordered food for a family get together. The starters were amazing. Delivered food on time. The Chef gave good advice on and had plenty of choice to offer. The price was very reasonable.
All the guests in my house loved it.

• Visited November 2012
Tanujyash, Owner at Indian Empress, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thanks a lot, sorry abt the popodums
Coventry,
“What a fantastic takeaway...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great food that is freshly cooked to order. Ordered 7 different meals on a Saturday night. They arrived at my door within 40mins and the food was excellent. All the sauces tasted different and were bursting with flavour. I particularly liked the fact that the meals were not oily. Will definitely order from here again... there's a wonderful menu I need to work my way through :)

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tanujyash, Manager at Indian Empress, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thanks a lot for ur kind response, we wil try our best