“Good value and honest food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sparrow Brewers Fayre

Sparrow Brewers Fayre
Coombe Fields Road | Premier Inn Coventry East - Ansty, Coventry CV7 9JP, England
0870 990 6472
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #299 of 427 Restaurants in Coventry
Cuisines: English, Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Ashford, United Kingdom
“Good value and honest food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Great for our stay of three days Well managed and good staff. The Meal Deal associated with the hotel is OK but not extensive but a'la'carte is great well cooked and served with a smile

Visited April 2014

Nuneaton, United Kingdom
“Don't Know How it Manages to Keep Going.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

The breakfast is absolutely disgusting. All items are on view on a table in front of the bar. No choice, just a couple of tiny, extremely poor quality muffins and hardly any tea or coffee to be had in the urns. The cooked breakfast, when served, was greasy and poor quality. Staff non existent and most unpleasant. Will not be coming here again which is a shame as the place itself is quite nice. Needs a change in management.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Terrible food hard cold.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

This place is ok but the food is terrible I came here with my daughter for breakfast and the bacon and sausage was cold and the hashbrown was rock hard . Not much food to choose from no Heath food at all it's horrible!!!!!!!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent service and good at a good price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

I dined here with my wife and family (sat on table 8) and after reading the reviews I thought I would come anyway. It was a busy Saturday and the two girls was working very hard running food and clearing tables. Although there was a que at the bar we didn't mind. Once ordered we all sat talking and it went quiet as we heard one very rude male having a go at the young girl that was on the bar. He was very horrible to the young girl and if I was her I would not of stood there and took it. She did look very upset and she was trying her best to sort out the "situation" he was causing. The other girl on the bar with the blonde/orangey hair was smirking like she was enjoying it and did nothing of the sort to help her friend out. I felt very sorry for the young girl and I believe she wasn't in the wrong. Some people cannot be pleased but my experience for the night was very good. And I will definitely be eating here again. Shame on the male for the way he behaved. Animals if you ask me. Well done to the girl for sticking up for herself and her business.
Graham R

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Tony H”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Ordered 2 meals , as my wife and I decided we wanted a Sunday lunch. It was awful. Food cold no staff to serve (we arrived at shift change apparently), we waited 5 minutes for the starter, then we were forgotten. I went to see the new shift manager, nice bloke, but when he eventually arrived with what can loosely be describe as Sunday lunch, he looked embarrassed, saying " Oh! they haven't even collected your starter dishes" !!?? Food warm at best, tasted like leftovers, no mash just poor quality, frozen roasties, vegetables hard, gravy cold and the staff disappeared. We went home and didn't wait for dessert (which they had probably forgotten about, as nobody even asked how our meal was!).
We should have got the "Aunt Bessies" out of our freezer (which is what this was) and stayed at home. We will not be returning and feel the money we paid, nearly £28 was wasted

• Visited December 2013