“Great Evening” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Great Evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Greeted promtly and with a smile and sat at a table near an open door good on a hot evening. The waitress was very attentive and gave us time to choose what we wanted. We both had starters which were huge but very very tasty recomment the prawn and salmon salad and the garlic mushrooms.

Mains were just as delicious steak and ale pie again huge portions and king prawn mediterraen risotto. The food was delicious and plentyful and hot.

Good value for money a great evening and will definately return.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Coventry
“Nice pub food not so hot”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This is a lovely family pub, friendly staff eaten here twice and the foods not great. The beer is excellent with a lovely garden in the countryside

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Top nosh”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Just returned from a meal at this pub ,we had a groupon voucher to use and we were not disappointed ,friendly staff ,good food we had white bait ,the prawn&smoked salmon starter and belly pork and the duck breast all was cooked and presented beautifully .If I had one criticism it would be for the crackle to be crispy on the pork.Looking at the other offers would like to return sometime in the near future.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Coventry, United Kingdom
“very good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I visited the restaurant for lunch after seeing that it had just been refurbished and the menu was really very good, when I arrived I was slightly disappointed work outside need a lot of attention, on entering the building to the restaurant I was in the bar the seating was not of a good standing and no restaurant, the service was of a reasonable standard the menu was I had seen on the internet, the food was excellent and could not fault it, the other thing I did find eating food behind the bar in full view I must add not food from the establishment I do believe one was the landlady there were children of the landlady in the bar area eating what I thought was a subway I found it was not a nice place to have to eat, part of the place had no seating just very empty

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Hit and Miss”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We live local to this area for last 30 years. I know the pub well and have seen the improvements, whilst trying to keep the pub open, enjoyable for all and keep that cosy country feeling. We all realise that pubs are having a tough time in the current climate.
It has took me some time, to give our feedback on our Christmas Day booking. We booked for family 4, 2 Adults, 2 Children (Have been regular customers, especially Christmas Day). The booking was taken for this. We arrived with our 12 and 13 yr old, had our dinners (very nice meals, though skimped back on things from past years). On the bill they charged us 4 adult meals? We paid without argument, as menu does not state age restriction for child meal. This pub took an early booking and had our contact number if they had issues. When we queried our bill Katie i(Manageress) simply said well they are not small are they? I was gob smacked but it's Christmas, lets not ruin it. Maybe they could have discussed this, prior to serving my children an Adult meal and not the Children's meal which we had ordered and agreed to pay for?
The Hare and Hound lacks that warm welcome and simple people skills, which should apply within the pubs charisma.

• Visited December 2012