“Absaloytly terrible” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Coventry City Hotel

Coventry City Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Coventry
Coventry City Hotel
You added Coventry City Hotel to your Saves list
Mile Lane, Coventry CV1 2NN, England   |
Ranked #36 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
“Absaloytly terrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The hotel looks ok from the outside.inside its way different the first room we was put into had a horrible smell the television was broke aswell as the blinds.

The second room was a bit better but still not very clean floor was filthy with hairs all over it and a stain onn the wall behind the bed that looked like poo

Overall the hotel was in a horrible location with dirty rooms.

• Stayed February 2013
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Coventry City Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Guest, thank you for posting the review. I am sorry that you were dissatisfied with your stay in Formule 1. I am glad that you were moved to another room after reporting the problems but very sorry that the second room pre assigned was not up to the standard. I understand it may be tiring to report the problem twice but please by all means do not hesitate to ask receptionist to assist you to your room so that you can raise any problems straightaway. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Please, let me assure you that I will be sharing your feedback with housekeeping and maintenance departments. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Burton on trent
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Pretty basic, tiny room, the digital switchover can't have gotten to coventry yet as the TV was only tuned for channels 1 - 5. The room was clean and smelled of soap. Would do as a base to rest your head. The shared toilets/showers were cleaner than some reviews suggested. Even in the dead of night. And with it being a budget hotel it attracted a certain clientele. Running up and down the corridors at 3am drunk. Also the shared loos mean you will be woken by heavy doors shutting people get up in the night. But, as the title suggests. You get what you pay for. I think its improved a lot and the management has taken on board some of the complaints from some of the reviews i've read. But the security door was broke and I didn't see any sort of door security which was a bit dodgy and probably my only complaint.

Room Tip: Rooms far away from toilets will in theory be quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Coventry City Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to post the review. I am glad that you found the bedroom and bathroom facilities clean and sufficient. I am very sorry that other guests did not behave quietly at night. Formule 1 hotel is patrolled at night by security company on a regular basis. I will be sharing your feedback with relevant department. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.
Czestochowa, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Our stay, mine and my mum, was quite nice, however during the night we had have some unpleasent incidents didnt realeted to hotel condition (some guests were shutting the doors in the late night hours, and once even fire alarm tuned on with an incredible noice at 1am because someone was smoking in the room). Despite that our room was clean, room service was tidying it every day, and we got a new towels every day also. I am glad we chose that hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Coventry City Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Guest, thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay. At the same time, I am sorry that you could hear other guests at night. I have shared your feedback with hotel security team. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.
coventry
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

i have stayed in many hotels in my time and this is the worst hotel by far the costumer service is terrible , the bedrooms stink of bleach. the first time i went there i was given a key for room 114 when i got to the room i opened it there was a chinese coupel having sex on the bed my 10 year old son had to witness this, so i went to reception and conplained they gave me a key to room 216 free of charge as i walked into this room it stunk of really old stale kind of smell so once agian i went to reception and they gave me another room free of charge this room also stank my wife didnt want me to go back down to complain so we just opened the window and aired the room out we went straight to sleep because the channels on the t.v were mixed up and i didnt no what was what then to top it of a polish women walked into our room at 8;00am i dont no what she was doing i woke up in a shock she said room service and rushed out the room this hotel is disgusting my wife has chest pain due to the smell i wouldnt recomend this hotel to my enemy i dont no who in the right mind would stay there .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Coventry City Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Guest, thank you for your comments. You review is very serious and I am sorry that you did not contact us in order to report the issues. We are looking into the problems described. I would be very grateful if you could contact me directly on h2793-gm@accor.com in order to discuss. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.

Been to Coventry City Hotel? Share your experiences!