“Overnight couple stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
“Overnight couple stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

It was a pleasant enough evening, the staff were polite which i think makes a hotel (apart from one member of night staff who kept staring at me every time i was near her). The room was very clean and fresh and when we requested extra pillows that was sorted straight away. I was slightly disappointed with the restaurant as it was after 10pm when we were looking to order we had to order from the 24hr menu, i was fine with doing this but when my partner went to order everything he said they kept saying they didn't have anything in stock. When you do eventually get your food its freezing; not at all acceptable for the price of the food (you pay £5 for one sandwich/toastie). It's also very noisy outside in the early hours of the morning, i was awoken about 8 times and didn't get a good nights sleep at all. I didn't expect as much noise for a sunday night and a lot of the noise seemed to be from staff/other guests and then lorries and bin men. I don't think i would pay this price for this hotel again, i wouldn't pay any more than £25 for the room and we paid £40. If you're on business this hotel definitely isn't suitable, no sleep and no decent food available isn't good when you're working. Maybe ok for families if you can handle the excessive noise that we weren't warned about. I will also say the bathroom is extremely small which is understandable but they have no extractor fans or air flow so the room becomes unbelievably hot, if i wasn't with my partner and couldn't leave the door open i wouldn't have been able to use the shower because it made me feel faint. The bathroom cannot fit more then one person in at a time and has a large step which isn't great unless you want to leave the hotel with several broken toes, definitely not good for young children as you'd have to be watching them constantly.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor over looking the car park, all of the noise from the ground floor and t...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Sam W, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am really sorry to hear that your stay was not up to expectations. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating this matter. Please feel free to contact me on [h2793-gm@accor.com or 02476250500] to discuss this further. Kind regards, [General Manager Sam White]

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Polish first
Coventry, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

This is my second time staying here. This time I stayed for 16 days with my wife and had been treated well. The parking is free (just validate the parking ticket at the counter) and and the area is safe. The room condition is very modern and clean. The breakfast is very healthy (but it is the same for whole duration). I was given option whether to take breakfast there or not, and it will be charged accordingly.

Location is perfect - nearby to city center. The halal restaurant is only 5-10 minutes walks away. Bus Station is 3-5 minutes drive. Warwick University is 7-10 minutes drive.

Wifi is free and works well.The staff are very courteous. I even asked for extra towel and they provide to me everyday. The room cleaning service could be better (The drinking glass was left unwashed. There were occasion where I left my pajamas on the bed, and later I could not find it that night. After searching, it was left under the bed-sheet/comforter. The cleaner just make up the bed and put the bed-sheet/comforter on top of pajamas. Maybe I was expecting the cleaner to fold it up and put on top of the bed.)

Overall, I have no regret staying here. If it is not for the house keeping issue, I would give "Very Good" for the price offered.

Room Tip: Rooms NOT facing the car park has better view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. With regards to housekeeping issue, rest reassured I will look into that matter and make sure it will not happen again. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Kind regards, [General Manager Sam White]
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I'd actually give this 2.5 stars out of 5 - Very average. We stayed on November 30th 2013

I was travelling back home and wanted somewhere to stay to break the journey up. Although we booked late we ended up paying £75 for the room. We were completely ripped off with the price, but had no choice to pay it. My partner was ill and we had to stay somewhere. I booked via my credit card and was told on arrival that they needed to see my card. Now i'm all for security, but i do not carry this card with me at all times. After trying to explain and offer countless forms of ID and showing the online banking from my phone for that card the guy on reception was having none of it. I ended up refunding the card and paying on my debit card to save the hassle. I didn't read the small print and have never come across this problem at any other hotel i've ever stayed at - I've stayed at all the major brands in the UK and not come across this once.

The room was nice and big but right next to reception, all we heard all night was drunken revelers and got no sleep at all - I didn't complain due to the previous issue and we checked out early.

Not a good experience, but certainly a lesson learned and from now on i'll read the small print a bit better.

Tip - Make sure you always have the card you booked with when staying at any IBIS

Room Tip: Stay away from any rooms near reception - You hear everything!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to ibis Coventry Centre. I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay and service. I hope you will appreciate the fact our staff is only following procedures to avoid fraudulent use of credit cards. With regards to noise I will personally mention and retrain staff members to assign rooms far from lobby area. Kind Regards, General Manager Sam White

Been to Ibis Coventry Centre? Share your experiences!