I booked this hotel for 3 nights over a weekend, I checked in Friday and straight back out the next morning!
To start with the hallways make you feel like you are in a prison. My room was nothing to write home about either as not only did it not have a mini fridge for cold drinks, the bathroom had a terrible sewage smell in it and the room had no air conditioning. Now they are quick to say they have air "cooling" which basically means if there is cold air outside they will pump it into your room but if its hot outside, which this weekend was. You are straight out of luck! When I complained about the heat I at 9:30pm they said "oh you have to turn on the air cooling!" which I had done 2 hours . I called multiple times, I was told to open a window. At 2 am I started begging for a portable fan, nope they don't have any. Finally the very rude man agreed to let me use the air conducting unit they had downstairs, which as you can imagine was very loud. In the end I got 2 hours sleep. I woke up, packed my bags and checked out.
I ask for a refund, based on the 15 min satisfaction guarantee mentioned in the room, the receptionist refused me but said the manager would call me.1 week later I had heard nothing So I called and am now receiving a refund.
It is a shame my weekend away had to be so badly effected by this. The staff where rude and could not be bothered. The room was NOT worth the price and the overall experience was terrible. Will NEVER stay in an IBIS after this!
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Coventry Centre Hotel Coventry
- Ibis Coventry Centre Hotel
- Accor Coventry Centre
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis Coventry Centre is ideally located in the historic centre of Coventry, a short stroll from the busy shopping districts, 5 min walk from train station and 10 minutes by train or 20 by car car from Birmingham NEC. The hotel has 89 en-suite rooms with double showers, air cooling system, free wifi and tea and coffee making facilities. It has a restaurant open on most weekdays and a snack menu serving warm food 24/7. There is also a bar open day and night and private on site car parking available for additional charge (£3 per vehicle per day). Wireless Internet is available in the hotel free of charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, ACCOR, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Ibis Coventry Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.