“Good for business stop-over” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Coventry Hotel

You added Hilton Coventry Hotel to your Saves list
Hilton Coventry Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   (M6-J2) Paradise Way | Walsgrave Triangle, Coventry CV2 2ST, England   |
Special Offer
Save 33% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #21 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
London, United Kingdom
“Good for business stop-over”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Excellent room facilities for working with large and wide desk, good lighting and plenty of power sockets and comfortable chair at the correct height. Really welcomed the safety handle to access the shower in high bath tub - well done Hilton. Breakfast disappointing with poor quality items. Concierge pushed my paper under another guests door - sloppy service. Will return.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

DepManager_Coventry, Manager at Hilton Coventry Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Brian M,

As mentioned in my previous reply thank you for your feedback and again my apologies that breakfast was not to our usual standard on this occassion.

Kind Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

As an Honors Member, I do make appoint of searching out this chain when on business stop-overs. Whilst formulaic and not hugely imaginative, they invariable provide a first-class haven for the busy business executive. For £119pp B&B, I had a clean and well designed room with good desk/chair/electric points/wifi/lighting plus comfortable King size bed. Particularly pleased that Earl Grey tea was available for the morning cuppa and that the deep bath/shower had a strong and well-positioned safety handle to aid access. With two metal hips, this is my bête noire with many English hotels both chains and singleton boutiques as so many do not provide this essential safety feature. Well done and thanks, Hilton. A couple of minor disappointments. My Telegraph was pushed under the door of the room next door never to be seen again and the breakfast was not to the usual Hilton standard. The sausages were limp and tasteless, no black pudding on offer and the bacon, whilst plentiful, was also devoid of flavour. The redeeming feature was that the Chef willingly cooked some fried bread for me. I will return.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Brian M,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us, it was great to read that you were able to enjoy your room and morning cuppa.

I am sorry that we made the mistake with your morning paper and have passed this feedback on to my team who deliver these. Also, although I was very happy to read that the chef made the fried bread for you I was sorry that our breakfast did not reach it usually very high standard for you on this visit. We are very proud of our breakfast offering so it is always disappointing to read when we have not got it quite right for our guests. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and allowing us to monitor this in the future.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Ankara, Turkey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

It was a good hotel for business. Breakfast was ok but room standart were below average. We arrived the hotel easily. It is centrally located in Coventry. I recommend this hotel but you should ask room details before check in.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear FUAT Y,

I was happy to read that you felt the hotel met your needs for your business visit however apologise that you did not feel that the room was not to an acceptable standard. We will always endeavour to offer our guests their exact room specifications and I am sorry we did not get this right for you on this occasion.

Scottish Borders
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I have stayed here regularly for a few years, booked by a company. The reception staff are not organised for group arrivals even when they have been informed in plenty of time of an impending group arrival, key cards are just put in a cardboard box and handed to the tour manager to give out. The rooming lists are done to suit their computer system and not how a client may have given them. Rooms are ok but they are beginning to look a little shabby and could probably do with upgrading. Breakfast is very good and the dining room is pleasant. There is always a good selection of hot and cold dishes on offer with a selection of breads and pastries and staff are very helpful in the breakfast room. Free Wi Fi is only available in the reception area so it it does tend to get a bit crowded with residents trying to log on.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the front of the hotel are better as the rear rooms look onto a flat roof with lots...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear blackfaceewe,

Thank you for your review of the Hilton Coventry, it was great to read that you enjoy our breakfast offering and the team look after you.

I was sorry to read you did not feel the way we manage group arrivals was not very efficient and will look into this with my Front Office Manager, usually when we do an arrival as you have described this is at the request of the Tour Leader however we can still look into this and discuss other options that we may be able to offer. Thank you for letting us know your thoughts on this and please be assured it will be reviewed.

I hope to welcome you back in the future to enjoy our new refurbishment which will be completed at the end of this month.

Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I stayed here due to the brand name. Expecting a nice, clean, relaxing place to stay. Well, the room was horrible. Not "clean". Massive stain on the carpets, mold on the grout in the bathroom, and just generally unpleasant. The restaurant was typical Hilton... EXPENSIVE. But, the food quality wasn't worth the money, or time to eat. Microwaved meats that were tough and overall poor.

Room Tip: Don't Stay There.... ever....
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear DLM_70,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us, I am sorry to read of the issues that you experienced with your room and assure you that we have reviewed your comments with our team and will also be reviewing processes to prevent this type of issue in the future. Thank you for bringing it to our attention and giving us the opportunity to improve this.

I was also sorry to hear you were unhappy with your dining experience in the evening, we are currently about to introduce a new style of both menu and service which I hope you will consider trying in the future.

Zürich, Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I would recommend to tear this hotel down and built a new one - with remodeling I think it won`t be done at all. (nasty carpets everywhere)If you dine in the restaurant don`t forget you coat (it`s freezing cold in there)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Christine W,

I am sorry you were not happy with your recent stay with us, our ground floor public area work will be completed by the end of August and I hope you have the opportunity to visit us again to enjoy our new Lobby, Restaurant and Bar areas. I will certainly discuss your comments regarding the temperature of the Restaurant with my team to ensure that we keep this ambient for all of our guests.

yorkshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I do not expect to explain to the receptionist how to book us in. After telling the receptionist what to do I went to the Loo and my wife continued the check in. He did not give us our key card therefore we could not charge drinks to the room thus my wife had to pay for the drinks nor did he ask if we required papers, early call or vouchers for the evening meal. He told us that as soon as the room was ready he would inform us. No he didn't my wife contacted another member of staff at reception who said that the suite was available while the first point of contact continued talking on the phone.

In the dinning room Victoria, one of the waitresses, stood out once again.

On the Saturday afternoon while my family where out shopping I took a shower.
Due to there being no bath mats I slipped and damaged my back and was taken to hospital.

I could not walk to the dinning room and my evening meal was brought to my room. The following morning my family helped me to the car while they went to breakfast. I was not able to walk to the dinning room.

My wife paid the bill but when I checked it on arriving home they had charged me £5 for delivering my meal in my room: may I add without any condiments, Therefore meal cold when they arrived. All this due to an accident caused by the Hilton not providing a bath mat.
I always rated this Hotel but even my granddaughter said can we go back to the other hotel next time.

Room Tip: Find one with a bath mat
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear mwbcats,

Thank you for your review and I hope that following our conversations you will again be able to see us as your favourite hotel. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit.

Kind Regards,

Been to Hilton Coventry Hotel? Share your experiences!