Check in was quick and easy. However I was not greeted as a HHonors member.
When I arrived in the room, the first thing that hit me was the heat. When I checked the air conditioning controls they were already set to be as cold as possible. Upon calling the front desk I was told that they would see if another room was available and call me back. 5 Minutes later the duty manager (Beverley) came to my room and was very apologetic; explaining that the air conditioning was 20 years old and didn't work properly in a lot of the rooms. Whilst the duty manager was very polite, I find it unacceptable that the hotel has not resolved this as other reviews suggest that this problem has been going on for over a year now! I was offered a cold drink, but told that I would not be able to change to another room.
I thought I would relax in the gym, but when I arrived there it was like something out of the ark. All of the treadmills were out of order and the other equipment was in desperate need of replacement. In addition, the gym was very dirty and tired.
Dinner in the restaurant was no better. The 3 course menu was extortionate, the selection of the food was poor and the standard of that food was terrible! There were no green vegetables available and it looked like the chef has been asked to over cook as much grey looking food as possible. The service in the restaurant was not friendly or attentive.
Eventually I went back to my sauna-hot room feeling very grumpy and disappointed with the whole experience. This hotel is brand damaging for Hilton and if it was the only Hilton I visited then I would never visit another one again.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Coventry Hotel Coventry
- Hilton International Coventry
- Coventry Hilton International
- Hilton Coventry
- Coventry Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unwind at the Hilton Coventry hotel, just 25 minutes’ drive from Birmingham International Airport. With excellent links to the M1 and M40 motorways, this Coventry hotel is within easy reach of local shopping centers, business centers and the Ricoh Arena. Experience over a Thousand Years of History at Warwick Castle, discover the Dungeons and ‘Merlin’ Dragon Tower or visit the birthplace of the most famous playwright, William Shakespeare. The hotel is located just a 30 minute drive from Birmingham’s Bullring or Mailbox Shopping Centers where you can shop till you drop.Sip cocktails at Hemingway's Bar or enjoy a traditional British Sunday lunch at Voyageurs Restaurant. Plan an event in one of 13 meeting rooms for 2-600, hold a function in the impressive, newly refurbished Minster Suite or catch up on e-mails in the business center.In your room, keep in touch with friends and work with high-speed internet access. Upgrade to a Deluxe Room or a Deluxe Room Plus for extra space to relax. Enjoy the cinema and bowling alley at the nearby leisure center, or play a round of golf at one of two nearby courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Tingo, Agoda, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Hilton Coventry Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.