“Food ok but very formulaic” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #154 of 426 Restaurants in Coventry
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Based in the swanky Belgrade Plaza development in Coventry, Bella Italia is a hot favourite for affordable Italian dining. This ultra swish residential and commercial development has become quite a destination within Coventry and Bella Italia boast a prime position. As for the menu, tuck into delicious salads such as the classic Caesar salad or the red pepper and vegetables topped pizza. Pasta dishes are excellent, particularly the Polpette Americano (beef and pork meatballs with a rich tomato sauce served atop a bed of spaghetti). Wash everything down with a glass of Italian red, rosé or white or perhaps a non alcoholic San Pellegrino (lemon and blood orange).
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Food ok but very formulaic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

if it is a city centre eaterie you want this is the place for you I expect the food is the same in all of the other Bella Italia . It was ok and the service is quick and pleasant

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Coventry, United Kingdom
“Why can't they get it right?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Went here one Friday evening and the place was packed. We were seated quickly and service was good. When I ordered my pizza without cheese, I was given a look and basically told it would be horrible. So they have to smother their pizzas in cheese to make it taste okay? says a lot. I asked for olives to replace the cheese.
We had been waited about long enough for our food to arrive when the waitress appeared, saying they didn't have the right toppings for my pizza and just looked at me without offering an alternative. I asked for another type of vegetable, and off she went.
After more waiting the food arrived, lo and behold I had cheese. The waitress was very apologetic and took it away. At this point I asked for another drink, and she told me it would be free.
I seemed to be waiting an age, and the head waiter (or manager. I couldn't tell) arrived, also very apologetic and told me my food would be free.
By the time my food arrived my partner had finished his food, less a couple of bites, and he was eating incredibly slowly to try and have us eat together. At this point I realised they had forgotten the olives, but I couldn't be bothered to try again.
If a restaurant is so busy they cannot get orders correct, surely they should have fewer tables. That, and ensure communication is good between floor and kitchen staff. I won't bother returning

“Not good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Visited Bella Italia for the first time last month while visiting our daughter in Coventry,the starters were very poor I ordered the garlic prawns which were supposed to come with olive oil and garlic butter,but came dry and tough,when I questioned the presentation I was told,well that's how they come,not very good customer service,the main meals were average to say the least my wife ordered butterfly chicken breast which was the size of a sparrow,my calzone was barely warm,all in all not a very good experience and would probably not return. 2 out of 10 Bella italia

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Loughborough
“lovely meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We visited this bella italia before attending a show at the belgrade theatre on saturday, we hadn't booked but got there quite early so I don't think it was a problem. This was actually the first time i had visited a bella italia and I was pleasently surprised. Service was friendly, our server informative and the food was very good. The only slight downside was that as the restaurant filled up the service did get slower and I'm not sure there was actually enough staff to cope when the restaurant was full but apart from that it was very good.

Visited November 2013
Saltburn-by-the-Sea, England, United Kingdom
“Pre Theatre Meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

We went there after eating in a Bella in Blackpool the night before.
The staff were fine but our meals were cold and we had to send them back.
I enjoyed my meatballs, the wife didnt enjoy her lamb agnello. I tried it and was ok but not brill.
the room was cold as the door opens into the whole room and i had a draught on my back.

The waiter was thoughtful after seeing the agnello half eaten. He brought a pudding out on the house. We had to wait ages to pay.

A very average place, would try somewhere else next time.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere