“An excellent restaurant on the edge of Coventry City Centre.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #146 of 427 Restaurants in Coventry
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Based in the swanky Belgrade Plaza development in Coventry, Bella Italia is a hot favourite for affordable Italian dining. This ultra swish residential and commercial development has become quite a destination within Coventry and Bella Italia boast a prime position. As for the menu, tuck into delicious salads such as the classic Caesar salad or the red pepper and vegetables topped pizza. Pasta dishes are excellent, particularly the Polpette Americano (beef and pork meatballs with a rich tomato sauce served atop a bed of spaghetti). Wash everything down with a glass of Italian red, rosé or white or perhaps a non alcoholic San Pellegrino (lemon and blood orange).
Carnforth
“An excellent restaurant on the edge of Coventry City Centre.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Just what you would expect from this restaurant chain. Close to the city centre, bus station an car parks this is a warm and friendly place to eat. Pasta and pizza through the menu , and as we had a vegetarian and a dairy free adult and child with us, the helpful waiter went the extra mile to ensure they were properly catered for. Plenty of space and warm on a freezing cold evening, this was an excellent visit. Well recommended!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

England
“Very Obliging”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

In search of a late evening venue we came upon the Bella Italia and they were most accommodating and helpful. Full marks for food, service and atmosphere

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
England
“Nice meal, good atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We went to Bella Italia last night for my partners birthday and it was lovely.

You definitely need to book, last night was very busy for a Thursday night and people were being turned away. I booked online, although I had to call anyway as we were taking our four month old and needed a table with space for a pram. True to their word we got a great table where the pram could fit by me, out of the way of customers/staff, still with space to be rocked.

It took about 15 minutes once seated for drinks/food orders to be taken but it was busy and they didnt seem to have many waiting staff (we counted three) but we were in no hurry. The man at the table next to us got lairy with the staff but you could see that they were running round like headless chickens, funnily enough they ordered before us but got their meals after us ;-)

Good food, I can't complain although as someone else said there was a lot of oil on our garlic bread pizza. Still good though! We both had pasta dishes and they were lovely, just the right amount and were not too heavy as sometimes the sauces can be.

I don't know why someone else mentioned the Asian waiter, seems completely irrelevant to me - just because its an Italian restaurant doesn't mean staff will be Italian; it's a chain not a family business!!

I would suggest signing up to their email subscription as you get regular offers coming through. We had one for buy one meal get one for £2.50 which we used last night.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Warwickshire
“Italian Cuisine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Me and my girlfriend visited here not long ago, we had a decent meal. Starters, main course and then pudding. The starters were average, but far too much oil was used. The mains were average for the price paid. The deserts were splendid, I really really enjoyed mine, I had the "Godfather Banana" terrific but once again expensive.

Overall a decent night out even if it was a bit pricey. Defo worth a visit on your travels!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
midlands
“A little more than I expected ....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Myself and 3 girlfriends booked for a 'girly' catch up on a Friday evening at 8.00

The restaurant was busy as you might expect in a city not particularly noted for its gastronomy. (I'm not knocking Coventry I'm a Coventry kid)

Service was quick and friendly, drinks arrived promptly and none of us had any complaints about the food. I had a lamb pasta dish which was very good.

The bill for 4 of us came to around £25 each - that included 2 bottles of wine, mains and a couple of puddings and a coffee. We thought that was good value given the quality of the food.

OK it's a big chain type place and you don't really expect anything very special but in fact, we really enjoyed our meal.

Thank you to the young and friendly staff!

Tip: this restaurant is right next to one of the safest car parks in the UK - something to consider when venturing out into the city centre at night, particularly if you're a lone female.

The 'girls' and I will go back happily.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere