“Excellent food, great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radcliffe Training and Conference Centre

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Coventry
Radcliffe Training and Conference Centre
You added Radcliffe Training and Conference Centre to your Saves list
Gibbet Hill Road | The University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL, England   |
Ranked #24 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Southampton
“Excellent food, great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

I was here for a week attending a conference and was surprised at the very good quality of the food throughout the day alongside the ongoing free access to coffee and snacks available in the bar area; excellent variety of meals and you are likely to crave a modest breakfast after a full English every morning. It feels as if the rooms could do with an update, all dark and dated furniture but that is a small negative observation and offset with polite and helpful staff throughout. There is free use of the gym and pool at the University alongside the Hotel.

Room Tip: My room was booked for me and at the back of the building overlooking parkland type area, rooms at t...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
warwickconferences, General Manager at Radcliffe Training and Conference Centre, responded to this review, November 25, 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for your complimentary review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Radcliffe. We pride ourselves on offering the highest standard of catering and so I am very pleased that the quality of our offering was apparent. I am also thrilled that your experience of our staff was a such positive one. With regards to your feedback about the bedrooms, we are currently considering refurbishment plans for Radcliffe and so your comments will be included within these discussions.

Once again, thank you for your kind comments and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Lincoln
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

I spent one night here being here for a conference and was most impressed with the whole facility and I am quite particular.

The buffet lunch - hot and cold would not have been out of place in a four/ five star hotel - absolutely brilliant. A competely self service breakfast but again fantastic - same or better than a four star hotel. What people must remember is that foremost this is a conference centre and the restaurant is laid out tables wise accordingly. Different groups staying there have their own tables but for breakfast there are 1/2 long tables for B & B visitors - it is true B & B stayers don't have their own individual tables. Radcliffe now takes B & B guests at any time but most of the occupants would be course attendees.

I would class my ground floor room (129) as the the equivalent of a four star hotel. A decent size with comfortable double bed, good wardrobe with plenty of hangers, iron and board, trouser press, flat screen Freeview TV and loads of drawer space which is often lacking in hotels. A small feature that I particularly liked was the luminous green glow around the light switch that clearly indicated where it was - useful in the middle of the night! Bathroom was quite satisfactory with a full sized bath and shower over it - wasn't that keen on the soap from dispensers but can see why they use them.

There is a large car park although I believe it can be busy during the week. I found the reception staff and indeed all the staff to be very helpful and the restaurant was particularly well staffed and efficient.

In summary, a great place to have a conference - in my opinion much better than the very well known hotel group we used last year. I would have no hesitation in spending a few nights here on a personal B & B basis and indeed would recommend it.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
warwickconferences, Manager at Radcliffe Training and Conference Centre, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your glowing and comprehensive review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at Radcliffe. I appreciate your comments regarding the ‘little touches’ we offer for our guests which we hope sets us apart from the rest. Thank you once again. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Essex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

It's been a while since I stayed at the Radcliffe and I have to say it's time some serious money was invested in the environment.
The rooms are basic...it feels like an episode of 'Ashes to Ashes' with the 1980's decor. The bathrooms need an update, but they are clean. The beds are comfortable though! I was in a ground floor room and what surprised me was my windows did not have any locks on them, which meant that at night I was loathe to open them as literally anyone could walk past and get in. Surprisingly my colleague who was on the upper floor did have window locks...go figure??
The hotel is generally a bit echo'y at night and the long corridors don't do much to facilitate a quiet night as guests rumble down towards their rooms.
My colleague had to change rooms, as on check in, her loo was blocked which reflects the general state of the bathroom facilities.
Food good and plentiful...real potential to 'pig out', so be warned!
The saving grace are the great staff, who make the place a bit special. I had problems booking online as the website said there were no vacancies on the dates that I needed, so I dropped them an email and Melanie sorted this out for me and was on the desk when I checked in and remembered me too, which was nice. Staff in the bar, restaurant etc all great, polite, attentive, so lots going for the place...just a shame that the staff are not able to work in an environment that matches their skills and potential.

Room Tip: Check that any ground floor rooms have window locks otherwise it may be an airless expereince for yo...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
warwickconferences, General Manager at Radcliffe Training and Conference Centre, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving a review following your stay – I appreciate you taking time to do this. With regards to your feedback about the bedrooms & bathrooms, please be assured that I am taking your comments very seriously and will be considering this in more detail. We are currently gathering ideas to conduct an extensive refurbishment of some areas at Radcliffe. I am pleased you enjoyed your breakfast, and the service you received from our staff.

montreux
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

I booked this as we were attending an open day at Warwick university. I would highly recommend this for an overnight stay for anyone who needs to be near the university. The reception was quick and efficient. The rooms are fairly basic but more than adequate. Tea and coffee making facilities were available in the room. There were various courses being held at the centre but this didn't really affect us. At breakfast we were given our own table whilst there were group tables put together for the courses. There was plenty of choice and I would go so far as to say the quality of the food was excellent. Overall don't hesitate to stay if you need to be in that area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and feedback. Your comments regarding breakfast have been passed onto our teams and I am pleased you found our offering ‘excellent’. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Pontypridd, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

Stayed here for one night as my daughter had a uni interview the following morning. It was ideally situated being just across the road from the campus. The room was like any other hotel room with trouser press, tea/coffee making facilites, hairdryer, toiletries etc. The bed and pillows very comfortable, good choice of channels on the TV and plenty of free toiletries. The food in the restaurant wasn't to our liking.... just a bit too wacky on the night we were there and as the room service menu is the same as the bar menu, but at no extra cost (unlike some other hotels I have stayed lately) we ate in the comfort of our own room, burger nice enough and the cheesecake was lovely. Breakfast the following morning was lovely I had a really nice kipper! The only down point about breakfast was that as it's a conference facility they group people together at breakfast on long tables. If the table had been busy I would have insisted on sitting on a small table alone, I really do not wish to take breakfast with total strangers, however as the long table was quite empty it was okay. Plenty of free parking - I left my car here while we visited the uni for the day and the area outside the rooms is nicely landscaped with a pond with ducks just outside the window. Would happily stay here again, but the early check out time would put me off a little bit if I wanted a more leisurely morning (It's 9.30am). It has access to pool, gym,etc but as I didn't look at any of this I can't comment.

• Stayed February 2011
warwickconferences, General Manager at Radcliffe Training and Conference Centre, responded to this review, July 8, 2011
Dear Guest.
Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to post your review. I am extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us including the amenities and food provided.
I will take your comments regarding the table arrangements at breakfast back to my team as we pride ourselves on responding to customer feedback and we will look into this.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Radcliffe very soon.
Kind Regards,
Dannie Cahill, General Manager, Radcliffe training and conference centre

Been to Radcliffe Training and Conference Centre? Share your experiences!