“Get what you pay for” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Premiere Classe Coventry Hotel

You added Premiere Classe Coventry Hotel to your Saves list
Premiere Classe Coventry Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4 Wigston Road | Walsgrave On Sowe, Coventry CV2 2SD, England   |
Ranked #31 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
“Get what you pay for”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

I attended a conference here in January and the spread they put out was spectacular. Definitely recommend if you are looking to hold a conference in Coventry. Although it is a strange set up (the reception is separate to the rooms) the car park area you walk through was very well lit. I stayed in a room which was on the front of the hotel so easy to get to. The rooms are a bit dated but very clean. Overall a good nights sleep and good service from the receptionist.

• Stayed January 2012
manager_coventry, General Manager at Premiere Classe Coventry Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Dear Hotelhopper

Thank you for your positive comments after a recent stay with us. Delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and was suitably impressed with the personal service that we offer. We do try extremely hard to ensure that all our guests are suitably taken care of when staying with us, and it is always a pleasure to hear the feedback when this has been well received, as this indicates to us we are doing something right!

My team and I look forward to taking care of you again when you next come to stay with us.

Kind regards

Naushad Busawon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Poole
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

We have just stayed for two nights at this hotel...mmmmm...what can I say? Well, lovely staff (all two of them we came across) but what a weird hotel! You stay in a block separate to the main reception that can only be described as looking like an inner city housing block, with rooms reminiscent of a makeshift office block. The room was warm which was nice, TV, tea and coffee so had the basics you need. There was a pump that went off every 8 seconds for 5 seconds whirring somewhere behind the bathroom wall (yes, I timed it as I was lying there at 4am!) but we found out that if we put the bath tap on lightly it would permanently whirr and so giving us a very good nights sleep in the end with the white noise it produced through our earplugs. We did mention this to the hotel that told us they were looking into it and it happens when someone uses the tap, but this noise was on and off constantly through our 48 hours stay. Turning the tap on constantly (making sure the plug was well away from the plughole etc..)is something I would normally not do as I'm environmentally friendly but it was the only thing to do to stop the constant on off whirring of an obviously duff water pump somewhere near us in the building. Very basic, two towels in the bathroom and no soap and cobwebs behind the door in the bedroom but otherwise clean and besides being rather grim and this dreadful pump we did in the end have a rather comfortable stay and slept well in the end.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
manager_coventry, General Manager at Premiere Classe Coventry Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Firstly I would like to thank you for booking with us here at the Premiere Classe Hotel Coventry. I appreciate your time in completing this Trip Advisor Review, and therefore informing me of your experiences during your recent stay with us.

It is with great regret and disappointment to hear that your experiences were not to the standards that we pride ourselves on, and I sincerely apologise that this is the case. It is my intention to ensure all of our guests receive the best possible standards of service.

Please be assured your comments have been reviewed with the relevant departmental managers.

However, for me to investigate further, I would greatly appreciate further information from you. Please contact me to discuss this further on or e-mail me on manager.coventry@premiereclasse.com . I do hope that your recent experiences will not dissuade you from staying with the Premiere Classe brand again in the future.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

If anyone has seen Wolf Creek then this is a scene from that!! We arrived to one person on reception who actually was the only member on staff on site (he told us this!). We got our keys and walked down to a dodgy room block set apart from hotel. We got into our room which was horrific.......holes in walls padded out with toilet roll, one electric heater which blew out the smell of rotten eggs, our phone did not work when trying tring to ring reception as didnt the phone next door in friends room. The bathroom had one bath towel, no hand towel and there ONE plug in the room which the tv was plugged into. What happened the days of charging phone whilst tv was on! The rooms had no curtains, each one had green shutters which made u feel like you were in Prison! To top our stay off the fire alarm went off for no reason at 3am in the monring. Breakfast was again cooked by the one staff member, I didnt have anything but colleauges had cooked breakfast which was apparently tastless and tasted of cheap cooking oil. CHEAP BUT REALLY NOT CHEERFUL! Learnt my lesson with cheap!!!! Premier Classe.........definately the wrong name for this place!

Room Tip: dont go!! Pay extra!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
manager_coventry, General Manager at Premiere Classe Coventry Hotel, responded to this review, March 2, 2012

Oxford, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

The Good: easy to find, free internet, nice staff, and only about £32. The Bad: only had one towel and no hand towels. Hair on the one towel and hairs all over the bed. Had to sleep in my cloths. I am not picky but I am not a fan of sleeping on other people's leg/pubic hairs. (Not just one or two. Talking a lot of them.) Keep telling myself and wife that it is only for one night.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Durham, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

Just arrived back from stay last night. All other hotels in area were fully booked so had no other choice. Appalling, as a single female I felt very vulnerable & unsafe. Most of outside lighting was not working so you were wandering around in near dark. A bit like a small, inner city housing block. All you needed were the addicts hanging around! Asked to change room, changed to another and lock didn't work so changed again. Only one member of staff on duty who was harrassed to death (very helpful though). Beds were clean and comfortable and heating worked well however, would prefer to sleep in my car next time!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

How do I sum it up, like an American motel that looks like guests pay per hour. Nicest bit is the reception. Rooms are tiny, cold(radiator not working) but functionally for Walls and a bed. Stains all over the Walls and dirty towels. Not coming back, lesson well learned fork out a bit more for something 20x better

• Stayed September 2011
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

Staff were very friendly & very helpful. The heater wasn't working but was quickly sorted out & we were offered an extra heater if needed.
The beds were most comfortable, with cosy duvets.
Rooms are ensuite & the bathroom was very clean.
Breakfast is quite basic although the coffee is very good & you can eat & drink as much as you like. There is always McDonalds across the road, if you want something hot.
We also had the light meals in the evening & they were nicely presented & served, as you would expect in a French chain.
It's very easy to find & in a useful location for various places in the Midlands. The nights were very, very quiet.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Been to Premiere Classe Coventry Hotel? Share your experiences!