“Eat and watch the boats go by!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Devon, UK
“Eat and watch the boats go by!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

I passed here on a canal boat two years ago but it was the wrong time of day to stop. Today, finding myself nearby on business, popped in to enjoy a pint and a pie and watch the boats at the canal junction.

Excellent food (pies a speciality), excellent choice of real beer, friendly atmosphere. Exactly what I needed at the end of a busy day.

Highly recommended.

• Visited September 2013

Tel Aviv
“Fabulous location, good food and beer, friendly stuff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I found this pub when traveled by bicycle along Coventry canal. As I saw it from the bridge - I decided to come in it at night. It was a fantastic picture, the place is situated near two canals junction and looks very authentic. It has a good choice of draft beers and it seem that everybody in Coventry knows it since the first person in the town I talked about it when told about my trip said that this is a great place for the dinner and beer.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Pleased to hear the toilets are going to be improved”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Great pub , lovely staff , it is our local, food always good in fact will be eating twice there this week , last night and again Saturday, pleased the toilets will be getting a make over, looking forward to winter nights by the fire , keep up the good work

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Definately worth a visit !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Fantastic food, drinks and service. The pub truely has the atmsphere of a traditional old english pub. The location is superb being right on the side of the canal. My only critisism would be that the pubs popularity during the summer and weekends might be it's downfall as on my first visit I had to wait for over an hour during a VERY busy summer weekend and was then told my order had been lost. To be fair, the staff corrected things straight away and provided me and my friends with more complimentary drinks and had our order on the table within 5 minutes. I have been subsequent times and have no problems at all. I'm making a trip up north this month with the same friends and we're making a diversion just for an omlette and a club sandwhich ... enough said. Well worth a visit !

• Visited May 2013
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
“Great Find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Came across this pub after a 15 mile trek down the canal with friends in January and what a God send. The staff were helpful and friendly, and we were greeted with a smile even though we were wet and slightly muddy. It was nice to dry off in front of the open fire. The food and beer were of a high standard and well priced, the menu was vast and would be a good place for an evening meal. I had the home made burger and it was very good. Good ale too and are changed regularly. I Have returned twice since.

• Visited January 2013