“stay 15 -17 feb” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Chace Hotel Coventry

You added The Chace Hotel Coventry to your Saves list
The Chace Hotel Coventry
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   London Road | Toll Bar End, Coventry CV3 4EQ, England (Formerly The Corus Chace Hotel)   |
Ranked #17 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
south wales uk
“stay 15 -17 feb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

we stayed here on a deal we had on living social....we were very pleasantly suprized...the chace hotel is a wonderful manor house...set in beautiful gardens a very short drive from coventry reception staff were warm and friendly...our room was fresh and clean, spacious and very comfortable. corridor was a bit noisy at night but to be honest can't expect total silence. our deal included breakfast which was served in a wonderful period room...waitress was really pleasant and the breakfast itself was really great. I would definitely reccomend this hotel and would have no worries staying here again...it was lovely to see all ages staying here from babies to the more mature.
a great place to stay if discovering Alton towers or Warwick castle as well as Coventry itself with its imposing cathedral .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
chacehotel123, Front Office Manager at The Chace Hotel Coventry, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We look forward to you returning in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Brighton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Last minute business trip, and due to crufts at the NEC, everywhere was fully booked. the prices seemed steep for the area but had little choice.
first impressions, the building seemed old and tired but we checked in.
Dinner was overpriced and 'supreme chicken' was bland and tasteless - I cook better at home during the week.
When it was time for bed I was in for a shock, a quarter of the bed was broken, sagging in and making a crater on the right hand side and made sleeping very hard - it would of been impossible for two people to sleep in that bed! Stayed in room 10 - avoid this room!! By the time I found out it was late, I was in pajamas and being business I just got on with it.
Breakfast was average, no prices on the menu and was shocked to find I was charged £11 for a sausge, egg and a has brown. madness.
Other rooms did look very nice, maybe I was just unlucky - i had a drippy useless shower where as some people with the group had big beautiful baths with a BATH! Pot luck i suspose

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
chacehotel123, Front Office Manager at The Chace Hotel Coventry, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for bringing these matters to my attention, although naturally I am extremely sorry that it ws necessary for you to do so, and these points have been internally investigated and resolved.
Midlands UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Telephoned to make booking for lunch. Girl on the phone was very efficient. Arrived and had to wander around the hotel and find the Restaurant without any guidance from staff. The staff could not be described as unfriendly and they could not be described as friendly they seemed to be just going through the motions putting as much effort in as was demanded. We had to ask for someone to serve us with drinks and the waiter pounced on us asking to take our order before we were even settled at our table. We told him we were not ready and he went away and did not return for quite a long time.

The food was of good quality although my Melba Toast was inedible and my roast potatoes were uncooked inn the middle. Plenty of meat was given and it was all well cooked.

The girl who served us our drinks was obviously very inexperienced and lacked personality as did all the other staff we met.

I think a course in Customer Service and Meeting and Greeting would be advantagious and it would have been nice to see just one of the staff smile and look like they were enjoying their jobs.

The restaurant was clean and well set out but once again there was no atmosphere and the room felt dead.

£14.99 each for the 3 course meal was not value for money I would have pitched it at £9.99 and then maybe it would have been ok if the staff showed more interest in the customers.

Will we go back???? No sorry :(

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
chacehotel123, Front Office Manager at The Chace Hotel Coventry, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
I apologisie that your meal and the service did not live up to your expectations. I have investigated the issues you have raised with the food and beverage team at the hotel. Unfortunately they were not aware of any problems being raised on the day. This is a shame as had the Manager on Duty known of your issues they would have had the opportunity to rectify them for you.

Thank you for your comments and should you wish to discuss the matter in more detail. please feel free to call me.
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I thought 3 star hotels already grew up to the standards , I must say sometimes I am staying in b&b with no stars and it was much better! First of all, where was the duvet ? Blanket and bed sheet , blanket stinks by the way! That's not good! Mattress ... Well after I saw blanket I didn't expect mattress to be excellent ... And pillows dead uncomfortable! The most annoying thing in the room, be ready for flashing blue light on the tv , when you going to sleep switching off the tv, there it starts, like a police car in front of your face, you could see it with your eyes closed! Anyway just plug it out!
Food, breakfast , apparently breakfast closed at 9.30 am, so I came down at 9, Buffett was empty , so I had coffee with toast , but I ask lady " do you have newspaper ?" She said " yeah, in a post office" and she wasn't joking! Although guy who worked in the restaurant was really nice and helpful .
Than I had dinner after long day, chicken breast was soo dry, really... Salad with no olive oil or seasoning, just pure salad leaves with tomatoes , horrible , that was really really not good. I can forgive and forget everything but not food, I think it's no excuse for serving dry food , same was my hamburger another night ! And I would not say that poor chicken breast with salad was over 20£ it's cheap ... Anyway , something should be good there?! Yeah! Location if you on holidays or short break and free wifi . Overall never again , definitely not for food!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
chacehotel123, Front Office Manager at The Chace Hotel Coventry, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
I was most appointed and concerned to read of your experiences with us at the Chace Hotel, there can be any excuses as for why any of our standards should fall so short of our own company requirements and our customer's expectations. I have spoken at length with the members of staff concerned and we have fully discussed the points you raised. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention although I am sorry it was necessary for you to do so.
Strabane, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

we went as a large party of 30 for the stoneleigh shooting show and could not have found a better place to stay the staff from cleaners up to management were more than helpfull without being over bearing rooms spotles breakfast was first class plenty of variety and evening dinner at the chace was excellent at modest prices will stay here again

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
chacehotel123, General Manager at The Chace Hotel Coventry, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and I'm delighted to hear you had such a good time at the Chace. It was a pleasure meeting you and your party and we hope to welcome you back very soon
Hereford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Whilst Coventry might not spring to mind for an Anniversary break, I saw a great offer on Corus Hotels and this was convenient for a Sunday evening. It is well sign-posted in the area and the receptionist was friendly. We had a short break in our room before going to The Simmerdown Carribean restaurant about 7 minutes away (No 1 in Coventry Trip Advisor!)
Coming back later we enjoyed the remainder of the evening in the room; we had to call reception for a second pillow each and the tea/coffee situation was as tight as any other hotel (what price 4-6 teabags, bit of extra milk etc). The room and bathroom design-wise felt like a time wrap and the tv had to be unplugged as the bright blue stand-by light lit the room - other than these comments it was very clean, tidy, warm and comfortable so we had a good night and the breakfast (£9.95) did feel worth it (never thought I'd say that about breakfast at a tenner!)
All in all we would return if in the area.

Room Tip: Sunday nights are very quiet and the restaurant is closed