Stayed at the hotel for 1 night with my wife and had a separate room for my daughter.
Reception staff were good and the check in was swift. The Hotel and rooms are a little dated, but the overall cleanliness was good. The heating in our room was electric fan type and it was a little noisy in the night. The room size was good, although the bathroom was a little small. Quite a number of switches etc for lights and heating that took some time to work out.
My wife needed to repair a dress and the reception staff managed to find a complimentary sewing kit with the right colour cotton, which was very kind of them.
The breakfast was reasonable, but not great. It was buffet style and the cooked food seemed a little tired.
Wifi was available, but it seemed quite expensive, so I did not try it.
There was ample car parking space available.
The location is reasonable for the area with quick access to the motorways and to the city. Only negative was you can only get to the hotel directly from one side of the A45. Beware if you are using certain Sat Navs as they indicate you can turn across the duel carriageway. (This is not true). It is only accessible directly from the A45 on the NNW direction. If you are on the other side you have to turn off and use the slip road and roundabout to head back up the other side. You also need your wits about you as you have to come off the A45 almost as soon as you get back on it.
I would use the hotel again, but think that it could be improved in a few small ways that would make it a lot better
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Coventry South Hotel
- Holiday Inn Coventry South Hotel Coventry
- Holiday Inn Coventry
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Coventry - South Hotel is located minutes from the historical centre of Coventry and less than 1 mile from Coventry International Airport and 6 miles from Birmingham International Airport and easy to reach from the M1, M6, M69 or M42, M40. It's an ideal base for leisure guests with Leamington Spa, Rugby, Derby, Nottingham, Leicester, Warwick Castle and Shakespeare's Stratford upon Avon a short drive away. The National Exhibition Centre (NEC) is within 20 minutes and the National Agricultural Centre (NAC) just 5 minutes along with Stoneleigh Park. Coventry City Football Club s new stadium, the Ricoh Arena, is just an 8 minute drive. The Holiday Inn Coventry - South Hotel facilities are modern and friendly with spacious public areas and exceptionally large bedrooms each with High speed internet access. Dine in our restaurant, from a wide choice of International dishes, or choose to relax in the lounge bar, alternatively treat yourself to room service. Whatever the occasion, the Holiday Inn Coventry - South Hotel is an ideal venue for special events. We offer a variety of Wedding packages including ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Coventry South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.