“Promised much but very disappointing....” 2 of 5 stars

Royal Court Hotel - Coventry
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Tamworth Road | Keresley, Coventry CV7 8JG, England   |
Ranked #31 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
wirral
“Promised much but very disappointing....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

.. it was the smell in the room that got me - musty, unpleasant. Rooms are very dated, and very much in need of redecorating. The room and bathroom were dirty and not, in my view, somewhere to spend 5 nights ..... In fairness, I changed rooms without any fuss. Note that the walls paperthin, the food dull ... I wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
MTL, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

I had just traveled from Philadelphia to London on an overnight flight and my fiancee picked me up and we drove straight to coventry (to break up the drive to liverpool).. i too had read the reviews, I was kinda freaked out to stay there. But as others said there was a jacuzzi tub and you got a bottle of house wine (said it came with the room but we had to go down to the front desk to ask for it). So yea the main part of the room was pretty dated, the view well... eah.. but that jacuzzi tub and bottle of wine after that long flight and drive made it worth while!
We did have a bit of a hard time locating the hotel, it sits back off the main street.. when you drive in it's stunning with the trees forming a canopy and all. The outside and lobby were stunning... would definately hold a function there... I would say this... you get what you pay for... it's very nice downstiars I didn't eat there but we did have a few pints and the crowd was older 50+ Guests and staff were friendly! B+!!

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
Coventry
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2009

After booking our wedding at the Royal Court Hotel and reading some of the less than positive reviews, I must admit that I was a little worried. However, I needn't have been.

From start to finish, the staff at the Royal Court Hotel, (particularly Angie) were friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. We were made to feel welcome during every visit and all of our requirements were met, without any fuss or problem.

On the wedding day, Angie was there to greet us on our arrival and the wedding went smoothly and exactly to plan. The sun was shining on the day, which made the pictures truly stunning within the fabulous grounds.

Many of our guests stayed over in the hotel and the breakfast the morning after was great, with plenty of choice, friendly staff and a lovely setting. The father of the groom also went for a swim before breakfast and commented on how nice the leisure area was.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone (particulalry Angie) for making our wedding such a perfect and memorable occasion.

• Stayed April 2009
sUFFOLK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2009

This hotel really is a gem, with excellent facilities and friendly staff. We stayed in a executive room with it's own spa bath. We are vegetarian, the food was well cooked and plentiful. For a relaxing short break you really can't do any better.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
B_Public_Relations, Public Relations Manager at Royal Court Hotel - Coventry, responded to this review, April 20, 2009
Thank you very much for your review. It is always pleasing to receive positive comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2009

The room was large with twin beds and very clean, the bathroom had bath and shower and was tiled on walls and floors also very clean. the dinning room was part of the old house, with wood paneled walls, the younger staff seemed to stand around with miserable faces, but the older ones were friendly. Meals not very warm, but lots of variety.
The 11 acres of park and garden a big disappointment, most of it had been built on, or turned into large car parks, and such a lot of litter lying around, even a fountain had rubbish in it. The hotel is about 3 miles from Coventry, so for entertainment you will need a car or taxi to get into town.

• Stayed February 2009
B_Public_Relations, Public Relations Manager at Royal Court Hotel - Coventry, responded to this review, March 23, 2009
South Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2009

We found the food and accomadation excellent value, and the friendliness of the staff under the management of Ritchard Payne was second to none, we would certainly reccomend the hotel to anyone.
Our room was spacious and very clean. The location of the hotel is very pretty and peaceful.
Bill and Ann Davies. (wales)

• Stayed February 2009
B_Public_Relations, Public Relations Manager at Royal Court Hotel - Coventry, responded to this review, March 10, 2009
Leeds
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2009

Okay, so it is not a brand new hotel, but at £45 for a double room with jacuzzi bath, I'm not complaining. The room was a good size and clean, especially the bright white bed linen. Bed could have been a bit more comfortable, but it didn't stop me sleeping.

Water pressure in the bathroom is incredibly high - I soaked myself when I turned the bath taps on too quickly, and there were no instructions on how to use the jacuzzi. As the bubbles reached the top of the bath, I started to panic, but thankfully, it is on a timer so turns itself off, so that saved an embarassing call to reception!

One excellent point - the room service is cheap! A delicious burger and chips delivered to my room for £6.85 - the same price it would have been in the restaurant. So I could be both antisocial (who likes dining alone in a restaurant, anyway?) and full-bellied.

Breakfast was included in the price and was big - full buffet with cooked or continental and you could eat as much as you want.

Good points:
* Value for money

Bad points:
* A bit dated
* Only had five (terrestrial) TV channels

Would I stay again if I was in the area - yes, definitely. It wasn't the Ritz, but I do think it was great value for money.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
B_Public_Relations, Public Relations Manager at Royal Court Hotel - Coventry, responded to this review, March 4, 2009

Been to Royal Court Hotel - Coventry? Share your experiences!