“Nice relaxed atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Nice relaxed atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Good homely food, at a reasonable price. We all had pasta dishes, and were all happy with our choices. The vegetable canneloni was the winner overall. Sertvice was good and the food very quick to come to the table. The menu is quite varied with many dishes far away from Italian, such as English and Turkish breakfast. Very good value, four pasta dishes and 3 soft drinks for well under £40.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
  • Turkish first
Coventry, United Kingdom
“A great little cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

My wife and I went into Cafe Italia for a light lunch yesterday; I ordered the Gorgonzola salad and she had the Tuna Nicoise. Both of us couldn't praise them enough - both were generous in size and absolutely delicious.

It's not our first visit and it certainly won't be our last - we're constantly impressed by the place. The decor is lovely, the staff are friendly and we were treated to exceptional service.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Best coffee in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We visited Cafe Italia on a recommendation after a disgusting lukewarm coffee in a Coventry hotel. We were immediately impressed with the decor and ambience. The coffee was delicious and the food looked lovely although we did not eat as we had had breakfast already and it was too early for lunch. We will definately return next time we are in Coventry. The staff were polite and efficient. Well done.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My favourite italian place in town. I love their pasta and spaghetti dishes. Desserts are also very good. Friendly staff, quick service, and the place just looks lovely.

Visited April 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“A Few Hours Of Bliss”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I came here with two of my friends as we were looking for somewhere to have lunch and spend a few hours catching up. We decided to try Cafe Italia as it catered for everyone (there were halal and vegetarian options). We picked our own table. It was a bit too early for lunch when we arrived but the waitress didn't mind when we asked for a bit of time before ordering. The place is quirky, I really liked the interior and generally prefer places that don't resemble a school canteen. Throughout the three hours we were there it was buzzing with people having breakfast and families coming for lunch. The lasagne was absolutely delicious and came with a nice helping of salad and chips. Afterwards I had tea and a cheesecake with ice cream. I liked the effort they made with the presentation (see photos) and all for just under £14. I loved the fact even though we were there for a few hours we were not hassled to move on. Often staff start to rush meals when it is busy but this was not the case at Cafe Italia even on a busy Saturday. They just let us enjoy our meal and tea right into the afternoon. The service was not overbearing and very good (although one extra plate my friend requested never arrived but this is a relatively minor point as she didn't really need one!). All of the staff were really friendly.They also have clean disabled toilets. Overall, it is a nice, little cafe and I would definitely return for another delicious meal.

• Visited April 2013