“Good food, shame about the toilets!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #111 of 426 Restaurants in Coventry
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Good food, shame about the toilets!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Enjoyed the early bird menu with friends and quality of food,service, and value was very good.
A few things stopped the experience from being excellent, namely the cleanliness of the wine glasses,which had obviously been washed and put back on the shelves wet,leaving dirty marks around the rim. The size of the ladies loos,frankly two cubicles is not enough for an establishment of this size,and an extremely noisy birthday party standing by the bar.I have no problem with people celebrating and enjoying themselves as the night goes on,but at 7pm on a Thursday I expect to be able to enjoy my food in peace and be able to hear what my friends are saying.
It's down to the management to manage the establishment and ensure a good atmosphere is maintained for all guests.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
MillsysManagment, Manager at Millsy's, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Thank-you for your nice review and very helpful feedback.

I am very unhappy to hear that not only were the wine glasses put away un-polished but also they were unchecked before being served to you! I hope this is a 1 off and does not happen again for your future visits.

The busyness and lively nature of Millsy's does attract a lot of people using the venue for different occasions and makes the managers jobs very difficult to keep everyone happy but I will be doing extra training with the team on how to try and keep large parties from taking over the venue and upsetting our other customers whilst still having a good time.

Again, thank-you for bringing these points to my attention, your feedback will help us grow and develop into a better venue for everyone.

Coventry, United Kingdom
“Can't wait to try something else in the menu!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

My partner, myself and 2 of our friends ate breakfast here on Good Friday. Our friends had eaten here a few times before, my partner just for a drink but it was my 1st time. I was impressed with the device, quick, polite & efficient. We ordered 4 full English breakfasts and there wasn't a scrap of good left on any of the plates afterwards. It was delicious! Will definitely be visiting again!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oxford, United Kingdom
“unimpressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Visited for the Early Bird menu - moved from our seats within five minutes as they were "making a table of four" for someone else and we were placed incredibly close to another large table of diners despite the restaurant being mostly empty. This became very odd when another couple entered a few minutes later and were seated quite happily on our first table for two?! Ordered chorizo tagliatelli with pancetta - arrived lacking in pancetta and and with some rogue penne pasta also in the dish. Less than average on food quality and service even at the discount price.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
MillsysManagment, Manager at Millsy's, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
I am very sorry that you were un-impressed with your experience at Millsy’s.
Just because the Early Bird offer is cheaper the quality of the food and service should not be lower than normal.
My apologies that you had to move tables, I understand it is a nuisance and even at our busiest times we try to avoid doing this, unfortunately tables vary in size so sometimes a booked table of 4 can turn up as a 2 without notice which I agree doesn’t look good when you’ve just been moved to make room for a 4.
I have spoken to my head chef about your feedback regarding the lack of pancetta in your pasta dish and he will be monitoring this a lot closer going forward.
I have also spoken to my restaurant manager about being clearer with their explanations if they have to ask customers to move tables.
Thank you for bringing these points to my attention, your feedback will enable Millsy’s to improve and make sure yourself or other Millsy’s customers do not have poor experiences with us.
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Variable food, terrible service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Decor smart, food variable, service very poor. Staff were disorganised, demotivated and inattentive. I used to live in Earlsdon 10 years ago and love the area so I really wanted to enjoy Millsy's and there is some good food here like my excellent battered haddock but for almost £10 it should not be served with cold chips and cold mushy peas. Also, a ball of overcooked minced beef topped with a battered onion ring (no onion inside!) in a cheap burger roll is not worth the money. Sharing boards here are style over substance and are not even accurately made up of what shown on menu (no caper mayo with the fish cakes and little fish in them anyway). Desserts are all based on very sweet chocolate which is OK if you are 5 years old but anyone of that age would be asleep by the time the staff have managed to serve 3 courses. Staff looked more interested in getting next day's table's set for breakfast than dealing with customers they already had. Owners need to spend as much on training front of house staff as they have on the decor. Might return in the daytime to see if it was just a bad night!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
MillsysManagment, Manager at Millsy's, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
I am very sorry to hear about your disappointing experience at Millsy’s.
I also want to thank you for bringing this to my attention and I will be doing everything I can to make sure this does not happen again to you or any other Millsy’s customers.
Can I ask you to contact me directly at Millsy’s as I would really appreciate discussing this further with you and hopefully resolving your feedback.
coventry
“Enjoyed by all”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Went with friends on Saturday night, and much enjoyed, meat sharing board to start, excellent, followed by various steaks, fish and chips, and a pizza. All very good. The only down side was that they wouldn't serve draft beer upstairs due to health and safety, so we had to queue downstairs, while our food went cold upstairs. Price we felt was fair.

MillsysManagment, General Manager at Millsy's, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for your kind feedback.
Although we offer bottled beer alternatives I do understand your frustration if you prefer draft beer and have to go downstairs.
I am looking into safer ways for staff to serve draft products upstairs.
Thank you again for your constructive feedback, hope to see you again soon.