“Old Coventry at its best ” 4 of 5 stars

024 7622 9274
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 426 Restaurants in Coventry
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Contemporary, British, Bistro
Good for: Families with children, Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Description: At the Blue Bistro restaurant we offer a fabulous menu featuring modern British cuisine with a Mediterranean twist, based upon great, preferably local, seasonal ingredients, ethically sourced and cooked with passion. Despite the quality of our food, it is still possible to lunch at Blue for a fiver. Awards include the Warwickshire & Worcestershire Life Food & Drink Newcomer of the Year 2012 and an OpenTable Diners Award as one of the top ten most romantic restaurants in the UK and Ireland. The dining area at Blue covers two floors of a beautiful medieval building dating back to 1450, the exposed beams of which are complemented by striking wooden furniture to create an elegant ambiance and a unique dining experience. The building was formerly a pub called the Green Dragon - reputedly the model for the inn featured in George Eliot's Middlemarch.The restaurant is situated on the historic Spon Street, in Coventry City Centre, an easy walk from the Belgrade Theatre, the Skydome and its Odeon cinema, Ikea and, of course, Coventry Cathedral.We have good disabled facilities, but if you have mobility issues please let us know to ensure that your table is not upstairs!Unlike many restaurants, we are happy to welcome children.
“Old Coventry at its best ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Super to see Coventry's old buildings being used so well. A great restaurant with good quality food. A small but perfectly formed menu and staff that were happy to take their time and not rush you through, giving loads if time for chatting.

Coventry, United Kingdom
“Treated, absolutely treated!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

To say we're looked after is an understatement...it was some of the best service I've ever received and I'm a stickler for good service. Great wine, well cooked steak, awesome Stilton with honey and a velvety smooth espresso...loved every morsel.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Lovely, different place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

We recently celebrated our 1st year Anniversary so we chose to take all 67 members of staff out for a meal.
Blue worked hard with us even before the night to ensure everything was in place.
The evening was a great success and everyone thoroughly enjoyed it!
Thank you to the staff at Blue for their hard work.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Wonderful place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

As per usual whilst travelling on business I like to try different places to eat, the Blue Bistro did not disappoint. I only had a light lunch but it was delightful hand cut chips with my lunch and also the soup of the day. I am very generous on my reviews to the places I feel deserve it and this place surely does. Friendly place and well looked after will have to return next time I am in Cov

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oakville, Canada
“2 Different Visits”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

My wife visited with some friends and had the chicken. It was one of the best meals she's ever had. All of them raved about each dish.

After begging me to join her the following night, the same chicken dish was completely different. Sauce wasn't as good. Chicken was dry.

The previous evening they all had dessert. Each dish was disappointing and they were sad they ended the meal on such a low note. But on our night, the desserts were fantastic and certainly the highlight of the night.

We don't know what happened to the restaurant in a 24 hour period, but clearly it became opposite night.

So I guess we can say it's a bit hit or miss, but I would recommend giving it a try.

Visited March 2014