“A fantastic experience” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
“A fantastic experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Great food fantastic atmosphere in this family run business excellent value for money would go every night if I could a must if you like a laugh

• Visited October 2013

Coventry, United Kingdom
“wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We were looking for somewhere different for a romantic meal. Decided to try the ocean on the strength of the reviews. On arrival we were greeted by the most wonderfully over the top waiter who was very camp and kept doing Usain Bolt impersonations. Our attempt to order popadoms was greeted with an incredulous look and an instruction to order "popadoodles"
The banter with my partner and other clients was most entertaining.
Anyway to the food: we both ordered mains off the specials section of the menu and I can only say that the food was stunning. Beautifully flavoured and really innovative. It was a totally wonderful meal and very reasonable. If you want a delicious meal in a restaurant where enjoyment is the name of the game look no further.
Thanks for a very entertaining evening and some of the best Indian food I have ever had.
My only regret is knowing how many years I have lived close by and never tried it before.

• Visited October 2013
England
“Absolutely Fabulous, food & staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

The food is soo good, we must have had a hundred meals here & are still blown away, so delicious. The staff are so warm & welcoming & the overall ambience is relaxed & comfortable.The entertainment!, well yes Ikkie should be on TV. Doesn't matter if you turn up as you are for a quick meal or dressed up for a special occasion, everyone is treated with the same welcoming warmth & respect. They will quickly understand your tastes & customise dishes to suit you. I love every meal they serve just as it is.Cannot recommend highly enough.

• Visited September 2013
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Had no pre-conceived ideas - WOW.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We called in last night (a mark of how impressed I am, that I am writing the review mere hours after being there!) without a reservation and hadn't really decided whether to eat in or take out. We decided to eat in - it was quiet when we arrived (but then it was early-ish). Got seated by Iqy - who turned out to be fabulous!!! He made the evening with his banter, chat and obvious good relations with various other regulars.
The food was absolutely top-notch. The garlic naan was spectacular. I had the tandoori king prawn and it was divine. Hubby had chilli lamb balti and thoroughly enjoyed every bit.
The only downside is that I cannot believe we've lived relatively locally for over a decade and have never been here before!!! That changes right now......curry tonight darling??

• Visited August 2013
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Best Indian Restaurant in Coventry by a country mile.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Been going here since it first opened over 20 years ago. The food has always been fantastic and exceptional value for money. The fact that its still going after all these years speaks volumes for the quality of the meals.

The staff are very friendly and you won't have to wait long for your food to arrive.

I don't live in Coventry anymore but when I do return I always make sure I have a curry here.

My only criticism is why can't they move the restaurant down to me in Cornwall!

Try this place, you won't be disappointed

• Visited July 2013