“Nice service, boring food.” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Nice service, boring food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Went with a group of friends feeling skeptical about their vegetarian range but was pleasantly surprised to find there was quite a few. I ordered loaded potato skins with mushrooms to start. They were tasteless and overcooked, the cheese and mushrooms were not 'loaded' but barely there and the thing exuded oil. I guess they deep fat fry them but they were unpleasant. I ordered a veggie burger for main and again it was tasteless and dry. The cheese on the burger was minimal as was relish, and even though I realise that a bean burger is drier than meat so I can forgive the dryness but the whole thing was bland. The sweet potato fries were nice as were the two beers I had, and the service was quick and friendly. However, it was £25 each for that and I don't think that what I had was worth that amount. I would probably only go back if someone else were to want to go.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Some mistakes, good recovery. Lovely food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We visited for a family birthday, the drinks are lovely, can be a little pricey. My meal was forgotten completely but we then didn't have to pay for it and I also got a free cocktail. The food was brilliant, they were very busy but we didn't wait too long. The manager discussed any problems we had himself, which was a nice touch and very appreciated and we will go back again. Sometimes mistakes happen, I accept this, but they aren't always handled well. This place did it the right way. We are planning a return visit tomorrow!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tipton, United Kingdom
“Very Slow and Cramped”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

The food was really nice and the staff very pleasant, however they are not so pleasant when pushing you off the table. It was a party of 8 and we had to wait a good half hour before being seated (although we did have a few drinks while waiting). When seated, I was impressed that they brought the drinks to the table and so we did not have to queue at the bar but was not so impressed when we was pushed off the table. This is wrong for a restaurant to do this! The only other negative would be how cramped it was in there. Far too small but food was nice and I did find this rather pricy.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Very busy but excellent atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We went here as a family as it was close to hotel we stayed at on Hagley Rd. Booking recommended as this place was very popular. We waited 20 mins for a seat but was given a pager to let us know when our table would be ready and had a drink at the bar. Very child friendly and gave my daughter a pack to keep her occupied. Children's meals were very good and healthy options. We had the burgers. Very tasty and lots to chose from try the jack Daniels sauce it's very good. Plenty of parking at the rear of the building and amazing range of desserts. I'd go there again but book next time.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Long wait for our food!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Went there with two other families with young children after our DIsney On Ice show...It was not busy when we got there. It was around 4pm. However, it took them one hour to get our starters! When the mains arrived, the children had pasta from the children menu. Pasta was not cooked properly, still too hard and my nearly-three year old could not eat it so we told the staff to change it for us. When he took the plate away, my daughter was upset and cried non stop. So, I shared my mains with her. Waited for 20minutes for the pasta and it was still too hard for my child. We gave up, and asked for the bill. I would not recommend this to anyone with children. Food and service are below average!

• Visited October 2013