“Lovely staff and always delicious food :)” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Lovely staff and always delicious food :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

In the short time that Little Bengal has opened, I have been four times... just because of how lovely and good value for money it is... food, staff and the place itself are all lovely.

Each time I've gone I've had different dishes and loved every one of them, there's even a £10 deal if you go on certain days in the week, adding to the attractiveness of it. The staff are always happy to help and advise you on what meals to try judging by your taste.

Really is a lovely place and I recommend anyone try it.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Birmingham, UK
“Excellent Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

First visit to Little Bengal ... but it definitely wont be the last!

Everything from the starters to the mains were cooked to perfection and I can only agree with the previous report regarding the quality of the lamb which can be a difficult meat to cook properly.

Well done to Abdul and the staff, you have a little gem on your hands with this restaurant.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Exquisite ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

This new Indian restaurant is a stones throw from my house. It was always on dangerous ground as we have several Indians nearby that are all of a good quality.

I have to say, this beat them all!

Me, my mother, brother and my friend went to the restaurant on a Saturday evening, unbooked. The place was fairly busy but the waiting staff accommodated us quickly.

I ordered a starter of lamb Tikka and a main of butter chicken (a much milder choice than I usually opt for) and a side of plain nan bread.

Although we had to wait a fair while for the food, when it arrived, it was absolutely fantastic. The quality of the meat was second to none, the lamb and chicken alike sliced in half with the faintest encouragement of a knife. The taste was superb, and all my companions agreed that this was the best local Indian we have had for many years.

The staff seemed overwhelmed with the compliments we gave which was also reflected in our tip. I would definitely 100% go again.

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
“Great Value and Tasty.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Ate here with my son on Thursday 13th March 2014. Leaflets around the area were the inspiration for the visit, and with the restaurant being a "BYO" it looked interesting.
Very pleased with the tandoori chicken balti (lots of flavour and lots of the actual curry) and the chicken bhuna was great also. Naan breads fresh and buttery.
The "BYO" kept the price down to £23 for the two of us; this included pappdoms with chutneys at the start, and ice cream to finish.
Will certainly visit again. Gives the others in the area a run for their money, and did I mention it's a "BYO"(!!).

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Excellent service with an extensive choice of menu, Would Highly Recommend a Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Visited x2 nights in a row, Friday and Saturday night following a visit to Crufts 2014. Staff we're very attentive and helpful explaining the menu. Food on both occasions very enjoyable and well presented, not heavy and greasy but full of flavour with moist succulent fish and light nan bread. Staff remembered us on the Saturday night from the previous evening, food very good value, would highly recommend a visit. 5 Star Food & Service !!

Visited March 2014