“A Different Kind of Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nitenite Birmingham

You added Nitenite Birmingham to your Saves list
Nitenite Birmingham
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   18 Holliday St | Centenary Plaza, Birmingham B1 1TB, England (Ladywood)   |
Ranked #52 of 136 Hotels in Birmingham
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“A Different Kind of Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

What a great idea! I tried this place because I had to book on a budget (for business). I was not expecting very much - and was pleasantly surprised. The venue is central, clean and relatively well managed. (I say this only because the staff member on the desk in the morning did not know Birmingham - which I feel is a per-requisite for any staff member of a hotel - they should know about the location they are situated in). But this did not detract from the stay.

I got a really great deal with an on-line comparison site. A bed was all I needed - and in fact a bed was just about all I got - except for a more than adequate en suite. There is no floor space - so leave your cat at home. But it is clean, remarkably quiet and there is a TV, free wi-fi and an ironing room (all the things I look for in a hotel I stay at).

I didn't try the food - I was in a hurry. Check in and check out was quick and efficient. I would stay there again - but maybe not with someone special!

Room Tip: All rooms are teh same - except the inside rooms do not have windows.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Having been pleased to use the similarly configured Yotel at Heathrow to freshen up after a transatlantic flight, I was not put off by the idea that Nitenite's rooms are small and windowless. The raw basics are provided, including tea/coffee and free Wi-Fi, but I was disappointed to find that my entire room (including the shower area) was smaller than my walk-in closet at home. I like the idea of eliminating superfluous facilities for the sake of economy, but space for your stuff (including proper coat hangers) and a decent-sized bed are part of the basics for me. I can't imagine anything more than a single occupant for an overnight stay here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
BirminghamGM, General Manager at Nitenite Birmingham, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you for writing a review of the hotel, I am sorry to hear you felt the rooms were a little on the small side. The concept is based on a Japanese idea to maximise space whilst providing the essentials.

I have taken your comments on board about the hangers and will bear this in mind when planning future hotels and redevelopments.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

This hotel was extremely pleasant, greeted by lovely staff who were friendly and made the visit very welcoming. The bedrooms were nice and clean, and the beds very cosy. The food in the restaurant was tasty too, and enjoyed the leisure facilities. A great and relaxing experience, will definitely be back there again, one of the best hotels in Birmingham!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Thank you Amany1234 , I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and we really look forward to seeing you again soon!
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Me and mrs needed a nice but cheap hotel to stay in for a couple of hours whilst we waited for a gig on broad street , found the rooms very clean the staff were polite and asked numerous times to make sure we were ok! Hospitality was good :) would definitely stay here again you get what you pay for :) people moaning about it for 40 odd pound are out of their minds !

• Stayed February 2014
BirminghamGM, General Manager at Nitenite Birmingham, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you for taking out time to write a review on nitenite cityhotels Birmingham. I will pass your kind compliments to the team. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Lagos, Nigeria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

This hotel is amazing!! They should open a big branch in Nigeria. They should move the staff to Nigeria aswell they would fit in perfect. I will be back in England in the next week and I will most likely come back to bite bite hotel

George

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you george248800055 , we are really glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Hythe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

we stayed here on a Saturday night when we opened the doo we just could not believe how small it was it was like sleeping in a closet but saying that the bed was comfortable bedding and bathroom clean in fact we both thought what a clever idea as they had lots of rooms so could charge lower prices £45 for a Saturday night for two of you in a city centre is very good. We did have to laugh too as they said all rooms have a city view which is from a web cam on the roof through your TV. Very cleverly thought out I say not sure I would stay there again as there were people running up and down the corridor at all hours of the night and we did feel claustrophobic in there too.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind compliments on the hotel. We apologise for the other guests running around the hotel. We would love to see you again, we are sure that you will have a better experience. We hope to see you again soon.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

My lovely boyfriend and I went up to Birmingham for a gig at the O2 Academy, the hotel was a great location for this and a stones throw away from the car park. When we got to our room we were shocked at just how small the room actually was, when the description on the website states small they mean a tiny box. No room for two people to get ready at the same time and don't even think about going for a number two in the toilet! door is see through and if you leant out the bed you could probably touch the toilet.

Only stay here if solo and only wanting to sleep in the hotel room, it's like being in a cruise ship cabin only with no window... however there is a channel on the tv provided, with a live video of the outside world from the roof!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Nitenite Birmingham? Share your experiences!