“amazing value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Budget Birmingham Centre

You added Ibis Budget Birmingham Centre to your Saves list
Ibis Budget Birmingham Centre
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Great Colmore St, Birmingham B15 2AP, England (Formerly Etap Hotel) (Ladywood)   |
Ranked #61 of 138 Hotels in Birmingham
London
“amazing value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

At £20 per night including free WiFi and most freeview TV channels it is hard to beat. The room is very basic, but as I am staying for business and paying for the room with my own money it is a bargain and so much cheaper than anything else near the city centre.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Paul U, General Manager at Ibis Budget Birmingham Centre, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the ibis budget, Birmingham Centre. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Paul Upton | General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Turkish first
South Wales, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Do not forget that this is a budget hotel !!! I needed a hotel for an overnight stop in Birmingham and this seemed to fit the bill perfectly. It was close to the area which I wanted to visit and it also had it's own car park. Rooms were clean and adequate. Water was HOT for the shower. Air conditioning worked perfectly and quietly. Only complaint was from my wife. The electrical socket was nowhere near the mirrors so she needed to use her hair drier and tongs on the opposite side of the room to the mirrors. Apart from that everything was fine.......until about 1am. A car alarm, right beneath my window, kept sounding intermittently for the best part of an hour. I had to go to reception eventually to complain only to be told they did not know who the owner of the car was. No record kept of the guest who owned it. Miraculously, she appeared when I was at reception and the matter was sorted. But it could have been sorted much earlier if the hotel had kept suitable records. Apart from that, everything was ok. Never went for breakfast (£4.95) or coffee so can't comment on that. Appears to be a continental style breakfast. I'd go again if necessary. Can't beat the cost: £30 for two guests.

Room Tip: Don't expect 5 star service. It's a budget hotel and appears to be very popular. Rooms overl...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us. See you on your next trip hopefully! Kind regards, Paul Upton | General Manager
wiltshire uk.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I enjoyed my stay and the staff were helpful and friendly. The room was well set out and the bed was good. There was a TV in the room. The temp of the room was just right for me. The shower was powerful and a good size. The area is a bit down at heel but it is only a short walk to New Street Station. The hotel has good security. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Paul U, General Manager at Ibis Budget Birmingham Centre, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Kind regards, Paul Upton | General Manager
Derby
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Myself and two friends stayed here for 1 night last weekend as we were having a night in Birmingham. Overall the hotel is in a good location - 10 minute walk to the Arcadian and another 10 minutes to the Bullring. The hotel was clean and I thought the small bedrooms were cute with their bunk bed and walk in shower that was in the room. On the downside to that though is that they only supply you with one towel and the bunk bed is not made - but thats not a massive issue. When we checked in the room was ready early which was a bonus. We noticed a lot of young people on our floor with music on during the day - again not an issue. Fast forward to 3am and I am still wide awake trying everything possible to muffle out the sound of exceptionally loud music being played from a room in the hotel and guests singing at the top of their voices. The hotel didnt seem to do anything to control this noise either although there are signs all around the hotel asking to respect other guests. Not that a sign is needed, its just plain manners if you ask me. 6am me and my two friends were woken from our extremely small sleep by guests arguing and fighting in the corridor. At this time we gave up on the idea that we were going to get any sleep and started to pack to leave the hotel. When we left guests were in the hallway shouting through doors and there was a strong smell of weed. Also the music that was playing at 3am was still heard - just not as loud. Checking out of the hotel we were not asked if we had enjoyed out stay and the parking machine was out of order.. granted this is a small thing but on only a few hours sleep and an hours drive to look forward to this wound me and my friends up. I know this is a budget hotel, and i agree with others you do pay for what you get, but when I am paying to stay away from home in a hotel I at the very least expect to get some sleep not be kept awake by rude guests. I noticed when leaving that their were elderly people staying at the hotel too and people with children. I dont know if they put young groups and families on different floors but I personally would not take my children to this hotel again purely because of the noise. What looked like a good deal really wasnt worth it for the pure lack of sleep. However this is just my opinion - if you do well with no sleep and you are looking for a loud hotel then maybe this is for you. Its just my personal opinion that in a hotel I look forward to a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: Maybe dont tell them that you are a young group if you want to sleep.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Paul U, General Manager at Ibis Budget Birmingham Centre, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating this matter. Kind regards, Paul Upton | General Manager
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I don't understand why others complain. You pay a small amount of money to stay in a budget hotel. The word "budget" is in its name...it cannot be made more clear. So do not expect services that can be found in "non budget" hotels. I stayed for three nights. Room nice and spacious. Bathroom and toilet clean. Soap provided but not shampoo or shower gel samples. TV and free wifi. Staff friendly and quick check in. Walking distance from The Mail Box and train station. I noticed that the majority of people staying in the hotel were mainly youths and couples (which is reasonable if you think that I was staying in a budget hotel) and I was concerned that it would be noisy but I was wrong...no problems whatsoever. In a nutshell, you get what you pay for and my feeling is that I got more than I paid for. If you want the extras go somewhere else.

Room Tip: I found that the staying in the first floor on the road side was a bit noisy.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Paul U, General Manager at Ibis Budget Birmingham Centre, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments – I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Paul Upton | General Manager
Barnard castle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Hot powerful shower, comfy bed, great night's sleep all for £23. Brilliant.

I stayed here for 2 nights when I was working at Birmingham Crown Court, this is no fault of the hotel but getting from there to the City Centre by car was a total nightmare. Why hasn't this city got a decent underground or tram system?

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Paul U, General Manager at Ibis Budget Birmingham Centre, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind regards, Paul Upton | General Manager

Been to Ibis Budget Birmingham Centre? Share your experiences!