“Absolutely crap” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #90 of 137 hotels in Birmingham
Mansfield, United Kingdom
“Absolutely crap”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

The room has cracks on wall. The bed is sinking. No place to eat nearby.
The close by restaurants is 15 mins walk across motorway.
They has bar and cafe - but they don't have beer on tap. The bottle beer is even not cold.
Order a bottle of cider and being given a warm glass out of dishwasher to pour it in
Title of the menu is fresh for summer but actually the food is all frozen (kitchen staff admitted that all food sold is frozen).
A total rip off when you paid £7 for a frozen food. The alchohol bottle being sold £4 when you can get £1 on the Londis next door. It even more expensive than upmarket pub
The bed is sinking. It is more suitable to be called hostel instead of a hotel. Have been stay in travelodge in birmingham airport that is much better and this one has totally a let down and a disaster.
The bed sheet has hole, stain. The ceiling has stain.

• Stayed September 2012
TravelodgeUK, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Birmingham Fort Dunlop, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Mike C

Thank you for your post.

We are sorry to learn of your disappointment on this occasion.

We would like to fully investigate your concerns. To assist us, please visit our main Travelodge website and use the ‘Contact Us’ form to provide us with full details of your issues and your booking number.

We can then liaise with the Hotel Management team and provide a resolution.

225 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
isle of wight
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I have visited this travelodge a couple of times for location reasons only (visiting relatives) once there was no soap at all, waiting for delivery, this time woken up by a group of lads returning at 4.45 am shouting up the corridor and there is no phone you can call to reception to inform the reception. In the morning I told the young man on reception he just did not care less! Not sure I want to stay there again really. My advice choose somewhere else holiday inn express is quite near give them a try.Also, you are on the flight path to the airport which can be very noisy.

Room Tip: Every room is on the flight path to Birmingham airport
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear tarafudge

Thank you for your post. I am sorry to learn you were disappointed with your stay on this occasion.

We do hope that all of our customers get a good night sleep when staying with us. Due to the central location, some noise might be heard, however we will try to tell our customers by putting details on our website. We also try to reduce the noise from outside the hotel by having double glazing and insulated walls
Once again, I apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your feedback.
PRESTON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Stayed after a stockcar meeting in Birmingham, this travelodge is a great venue and parking is free and rooms are always of a great standard, fresh and clean. A bar too that is 24 hours, staff are welcoming, we will be back

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

Now I'm not a person who complains about many things but this was to much . I was on my way to London last night with a work colleague from Glasgow and we were getting tired lets stop at a travelodge and break the journey up I thought. Well I wish I slept in my van and saved myself £45 this place actually looked worse than a homeless unit I worked in in Glasgow I was greated by someone who looked like she hadn't washed in a year and put in a grubby family room which only had one bed got a swap for another grubby room which the tv didn't work then finally got a swap for a third room just as grubby but woo hoo had a working tv that must have been purchased in 1978 . All I can say is if my wife was with me we would have walked straight back out the door and kept driving .

• Stayed August 2012
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Patched sheets, frayed settee, holes in carpet and a tatty reception awaited me in this hotel as did a major flight path from Birmingham International Airport. But hey ho! For less than 30 quid a night it was what I expected. Yes it was noisy until the planes stopped but I slept well and still had money in the bank. Free parking all weekend was a plus and it is in a perfect location for the M6 and restaurants etc. Wouldnt have paid more than I did but would stay there again!

Room Tip: Get a room when Travelodge sale is on or don't bother.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
rugeley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

Stopped here the other Friday after a meal at the amazing Duet next door. Booked 3 rooms £25 each. Staff happy to relocate one of us who didn't want to be too high. Staff really friendly - organised taxi into city centre at excellent rate. Bar was basic but fine for post meal drinks. Rooms basic but travel lodges are but comfortable, clean, good shower and great views from higher ones. Great value.

• Stayed July 2012
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

Visited as overnight stop with the kids, pre booked 6 weeks before, but when we arrived no bedding was provided for the pull out bed. Bathroom was tatty with a broken bath tap and mould growing around the edge of the bath. The sette had cigarette burn holes in it with many Stains on it. Chewing gum stuck to the carpet. Breakfast was good with a reasonable selection. Budget should be clean and in a reasonable condition, I think Travelodge should sell this one back to Dunlop as it looked a little as if with all the black marks around the place, Dunlop tyres have done a few laps around the walls. Avoid !

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Travelodge Birmingham Fort Dunlop? Share your experiences!