“I don't understand” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Premier Apartments Birmingham

Save Saved
You added Premier Apartments Birmingham to your Saves list
Premier Apartments Birmingham
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   38 Upper Dean Street | Dean House, Birmingham B5 4SG, England   |
Ranked #42 of 137 hotels in Birmingham
“I don't understand”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

The location is good...but that's it. I really don't understand all the other positive reviews. I am travelling for business and this accommodation is not any cheaper than the ones in which I usually stay. Nevertheless the quality of the rooms is one of the worst I have encountered. There is no breakfast, no free internet,, the bedroom is cold and noisy and the overall decor is incredibly dated (10-15 years). I am cutting my stay short and checking out tomorrow.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GMBirmingham, General Manager at Premier Apartments Birmingham, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete the review, I'm sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us, I spoke with you after your first night’s stay due to your business needs changing and you were not required in Birmingham for the second night and were trying to cancel, however due to cancellation periods and the travel agent you booked through you were unable to cancel however none of the above were brought to my attention at this point, as General Manager I ensure I do my upmost to address any problems immediately once informed, I’m sorry on this occasion you did not inform me of your issues.

143 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Naas, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

excellent location 5 mins walk to new street station. spar right next door and on the otherside a take out food place with a good selection of ethnic food. the bullring is right outside the window. It is clean but not spotless good bedlinen with extra pillows would stay again no problem if you are on a budget its the place for you, or travelling with children as there is a seperate bedroom and living space. no complaints

Room Tip: request a room to the front of the building because the flowermarket is to the back and deliveries s...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GMBirmingham, General Manager at Premier Apartments Birmingham, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Premier Apartments Birmingham, we are ideally situated whether it be for shopping, site seeing or an excellent night out. It's lovely to read you will stay again and that you will recommend us in the future, I hope I can welcome you back soon

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

This is the second time that we have spent a month over the Christmas/New Year period at Premier Apartments in Birmingham. The location in the centre of the city is superb (close to the markets, the Bullring, shops and buses) and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful (front desk, cleaning staff, maintenance man etc.) Our apartment (Room 112) was well appointed, well equipped and very comfortable and clean. It was also surprisingly quiet, apart from the odd noisy bunch of people who congregated on the pavement outside the Travel Lodge across the street in the wee hours of the morning. Overall, it was a very satisfactory month, just as it was last time. We would definitely recommend Premier Apartments to anyone visiting Birmingham.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room and the staff will do all they can to oblige.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
GMBirmingham, General Manager at Premier Apartments Birmingham, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for the great review, it was lovely to welcome you both back again to Premier Apartments Birmingham this year. Thank you for the lovely feedback on my team I will ensure they are all aware, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay again with us and its excellent you would recommend others to visit.

I hope I can welcome you back in the future when your next here visiting family.

Kindest Regards

Claire GM
Port Talbot, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed in apartment 504 on the top floor and it was really nice, we were cacross the road from the market and Bullring shopping center so ideal location.
The only thing that is a bit YUCK is the strong smell of stale cigarette smoke in the living area, especially when we booked a no smoking room months in advance, so was a bit dissappointed but got some air freshener and that helped but they should keep some apartments that are strictly NO SMOKING and if they dont have one available when you book then its up to the customer whether they book a smoking one or not, having said that it wouldn,t put us off staying again.
The parking is 12 pound a night but its pretty secure so we didnt mind.
The staff were great all really helpful, we did have an incident of some children running up and down our corridor at 9am kicking doors and shouting. God know where the parents were!! we did report to reception and the lady said she,d look into it and we never heard anymore noise.
These apartments are comfy, warm, welcoming and central.
If you,re looking for somewhere to eat head for the pavillions shopping center top floor grab a table and there is a choice of eateries we dont recommend Fat jackets tho they were so small its ridiculous but we did try the italian and loved it so much we kept going back to try something different each time, There is a vegetarian cafe up there and a few others didnt get a bad meal at all.
Tried the soya restraunt under the apartments and it was quite nice but still prefered the pavillions.

Room Tip: Top floor front of building didnt notice traffic noise and veiws are beter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
GMBirmingham, General Manager at Premier Apartments Birmingham, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us in Birmingham, I'm sorry we could not allocate a non-smoking apartment for you, my intensions next year is to make another floor non-smoking which will even the smoking and non-smoking apartments.
It's lovely to read you enjoyed your stay and that you would return.
Next time your here try the Arcadian which is just at the bottom of the road, there are plenty of bars and restaurants to try.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Happy New Year

Holywell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Very impressed with the standard of apartment and freindliness of the staff. The apartment was clean and well maintained and delivered what it said "on the box". Location couldn't be better for central Birmingham and all the shopping, as well as being in the heart of the entertainment areas. Good value parking on site. Absolutely no complaints, will return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your excellent review, I will ensure all the team are aware of your feedback.

I will look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Happy New Year

With Warmest Regards

Claire and All the Team
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

Excellent location for moving around and shopping. Was more quite than I had expected judging from the other reviews I had read. Warm reception and very warm apartment too. Looking forward to my next visit.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to complete the review on Trip Advisor, I agree we do have a great location and ideally situated for all needs whether it be shopping, tourist attractions or the excellent nightlife.

It's lovely to read you enjoyed your stay and that you will be returning in the future. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kindest Regards

Claire GM
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Great location and friendly reception staff. Overall was quite dated and fittings in general needed changing, and some fixing e.g. toilet roll holder broken, bath panel loose and flaking paint on skirting. Would have been better if we stayed in a non smoking room which was requested when booked - yet when we arrived were told that unfortunately it was a smokers room as there were no others available yet it had been aired! The room still smelled of cigarettes quite badly and therefore so did our clothes when we left for the evening night out. Could be so much better with all the plus points of location/proximity to the Bull Ring, German Market and shops. Will be checking in the future for updates and will go from there as to whether we stay again.

• Stayed December 2012
GMBirmingham, General Manager at Premier Apartments Birmingham, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to feedback, I'm sorry to read you thought the apartments were mediocre, we do have a rolling maintenance plan in place and are continually upgrading where required. Planned for 2013 is to replace all bath panels and ideally would like to change another floor to non-smoking. I agree our location is excellent and ideally situated for all the attractions in Birmingham.

I hope I can welcome you back, please contact me directly when you have some dates in mind and I will ensure you have an enjoyable stay.

Claire, General Manager

Been to Premier Apartments Birmingham? Share your experiences!