“Camping&Caravan show” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Premier Inn Birmingham NEC/Airport

You added Premier Inn Birmingham NEC/Airport to your Saves list
Premier Inn Birmingham NEC/Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Off Bickenhill Parkway | National Exhibition Centre, Birmingham B40 1QA, England   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book at premierinn.com
Ranked #50 of 136 Hotels in Birmingham
Newport, Isle Of Wight, Uk
“Camping&Caravan show”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Chose Premier Inn at NEC for it's convenience & proximity to the camping & caravan show. Arrived late afternoon. Check in was painless, and it was explained that due to extra people using the hotel via the campsite, we would be best booking for breakfast. We had already decided to eat b/fast n the show and had not booked B&B. Our room was warm, clean & spacious. There were tea/coffee making facilities, which I really appreciate! The bed was HUGE which was lovely........my ONLY criticism was that the duvet & pillows were hard and synthetic......I do like feathers!! The bar downstairs was cozy and friendly. I will definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Wakefield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

The room was noisy with a banging of pipes all night when you used the bathroom. the duvet cover had two dirty marks on it . \the restaurant was awful. \cold food, not enough staff an and they forgot our booking. \Breakfast cold too. Very disappointed.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Yorkshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Spent 3 nights here on business for a large show at the NEC.

Good bits:
Spacious clean rooms. Efficient staff on the check-in desk.

Bad bits:
The standard of service and food in the restaurant is, I'm afraid to say it, probably the worse I've ever experienced in a chain hotel. After the 2nd night we cancelled our table reservation and ate out.
First night I ordered Salmon and house salad.... 40 minutes after ordering it came with cold chips and mushrooms instead of salad! I was so hungry I couldn't be bothered to complain so just ate the salmon. Next night I ordered a glass of wine to come with my meal, wine came about 20 minutes after I'd finished eating. So I then ordered dessert to go with the glass of wine, an hour, still later no dessert. Ridiculous.

This hotel needs to get it's act together for corporate trade. Dreadful service might possibly be forgotten or less important for people using it as a stopover before a holiday flight, but when you're away from home working long days at exhibitions, a decent meal and reasonable service is not much to ask for the price being paid. We will look for an alternative base next year.

• Stayed February 2014
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Birmingham NEC/Airport, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed provide this. Please be assured that your comments will be duly followed up by Guest Relations and the Management Team at this hotel. We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Stayed the night before flying on holiday. Rooms was as normal, just right for family. Only issue with the room was toilet was very hard to flush.

Due to time we opted to eat in the restaurant. We were first in but last to get served it did take an hour fortunately the drinks did not take that long. Nothing wrong with the food.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

The customer service was superb particularly in the restaurant . We were made very welcome and were impressed with the friendliness of this Hotel. The family room was spacious and quiet and children's beds already being made up was appreciated. The £29 deal was such excellent value. Only complaint was the parking policy was very unclear. Website said free however the car park was full of signs saying you must pay. I did query this at reception and we weren't charged. It was a refreshing change to receive such good customer service.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Stayed here whilst on business last week. I should have realised when booking the airport hotel that it would be busy, but I didn't think it would be quite that busy. Check in was slow, the staff were pleasant enough, but it was slow due to the amount of people staying. I booked online originally, and made a reservation for dinner at 7pm, which was confirmed to me by reception upon check in. Upon arrival to the restaurant, I was told that they couldn't find my booking, and that there was no room for me to eat at any point that night. The people stood in the queue behind me were kind enough to offer me a seat at their table, as one of their party hadn't turned up, but it wasn't ideal to have to eat my meal with a bunch of strangers. The meal itself was delicious though, which made things a bit better. Restaurant staff were all courteous and helpful. When I went up to my room for the night, I booked a 7am wake up call, but that never happened! Luckily I set my alarm too!! The bed was big and comfortable, but I didn't sleep very well due to the doors opening and closing all night. This was probably down to the fact that it was so busy and people had flights at different times, but it was really annoying. Overall, it was an OK hotel, but I don't think I would stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
South Shields, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night after attending a convention at the NEC.
Great proximity to the NEC, about a 15 minute walk through the car park, or if you want you can use the bus which is approx every 15 mins from the NEC.
Have used this hotel before and for the price paid I can't fault it. Rooms are very clean & spacious with comfortable beds. The shower just about knocks you off your feet, a perfect wake up call!!
We ate in the hotel and the restaurant is yet to disappoint, with a great menu.
They do a great deal where if you pay about £23.00 this will get you a 3 course dinner (restricted menu but good choice) a glass of wine and your breakfast the following morning. Breakfast is a buffet style with everything you would expect hot and cold.
Will be back at this hotel again next year and would definitely recommend it to family & friends.
If I had one tip I would advise you ask for a top floor room, this way you won't hear your upstairs neighbour doing laps of there room!!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Been to Premier Inn Birmingham NEC/Airport? Share your experiences!