“Great place.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Premier Inn Birmingham Broad Street - Brindley Place

You added Premier Inn Birmingham Broad Street - Brindley Place to your Saves list
Premier Inn Birmingham Broad Street - Brindley Place
Ranked #19 of 138 Hotels in Birmingham
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Great place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Friendly staff - I was given a free upgrade due to the hotel not being full, always a nice touch.

Big room, clean, big bathroom.

Restaurant was great value - big portions of good food, and cheap.

Only comment for when they build future Premier Inn's is put proper windows in the rooms - it was bizarrely small and didn't open properly? Not really sure what that was about.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Operations M, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham Broad Street - Brindley Place, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear WayfaringVoyager ,
Thank you for your great comments on Premier Inn and that you actually took the time to write this review. I am glad that Premier Inn looked after you and that you enjoyed your evening meal. However, I do suspect that this review was meant for our sister hotel Premier Inn, Canal Side, as we don't have any restaurant available for evening meals.

As for the windows, window restrictors are put into place for your own safety and that's probably why you would find that the windows don't open as wide.
I can assure you that your comments will be passed on to the relevant team.

Thank you for staying with Premier Inn!

Marta Gavrailova

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
keynsham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on 15 jan arrived to find the check in staff amazing , a lady who was most friendly and helpfull , helped me out as I forgot toothpaste , restaurant staff brilliant also breakfast staff . What a pleasure to stay there . Well done premier inn , look after thoose guys that were working on the 15th as they do you proud , cheers all concerned Andy room 212

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear markyang,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review and for choosing Premier Inn.
However, I do suspect that this review was meant for our sister hotel Premier Inn, Broad Street, Canal Side. Although, I will definitely make sure that your great comments are passed on to all their team.

Once again thank you for choosing to stay at Premier Inn and hope to see you soon!

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Booked here on Internet stated pub and restaurant when arrived seen no pub or restaurant explained to reception that it stated on booking to be told was a liar until I got my laptop using my free 30 min wifi to prove then got apologised to an spoke to a manager that asked my nationality before my complaint ( unreal that I'm British which I showed my passport at checking in and she was from another country why that mattered before my complaint I don't know but got refunded my money which would of cost me texting and calling the 80 people that was attending a business meeting that night which we thought at the premier inn but false advertising on the website is not good even got excused of having it saved on my laptop to where Abdul asked me to start from google in case I saved the web and facilities 2 years ago which I did and was told sorry. Won't ever stay here again unless my complaint is dealt with the way I wanted it to

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Operations M, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham Broad Street - Brindley Place, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Mark C,

I regret to hear about the misunderstanding you have experienced at this particular Premier Inn and the inconvenience this would have caused you. Throughout the investigation we've carried out was established that the problem wasn't within our website as the information there has always been correct. We were told by out IT department, that it was a discrepancy occurring when the hotel is searched directly through goggle and that this is when it brings out an old page with outdated information. The whole situation was down to an IT issue which wasn't related to Premier Inn website, however it was reported and I believe resolved by now as I personally typed our hotels name into goggle and it came up with the accurate information.
I do understand this would have been an extremely unpleasant situation for you and in regards to being insulted by our employee Abul, we have discussed the matter with him and he has received a lot of coaching into dealing with guest complaints and resolving issues. Abul has also been booked on a ''Guest Care Excellence Course'', which is a refresher company sponsored course to improve our employees’ customer service skills so situations like this don't re-occur.

Throughout my investigation, I have been advised that you have received a full refund for your stay and that at this point you were happy with the solution provided by Premier Inn, Brindley Place.

I do hope that this situation won't put you off from staying with Premier Inn, and I can assure you that the above mentioned issues are not regular occurrence at Premier Inn and that caring for our guests is at the core of what we do every day. Overall, I do appreciate that situations like this one are unacceptable at our hotels and such complaints are taken very seriously and dealt with extreme care.

Great Wyrley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Some reviews state how tired and old this hotel looks. Sure, it's not a new build Premier Inn, but the room I stayed in was very large compared to most of their new doubles, and it had all the fixtures of a new Premier Inn.

I wanted a cheap hotel to stay in after a night out on Broad Street, and this did just the job! It's right off Broad Street opposite Brindley Place, so it's very easy to get to after your night out! The welcome at the desk was exceptional, even welcoming me back as I had stayed with Premier Inn before, and ensuring I knew about the Good Night Guarantee (which I did). The best welcome of any Premier Inn I have stayed in!

The room was very large for a double, however two complaints - there was no remote for the TV and it isn't immediately obvious as to where the buttons are to work it (incidentally, it's underneath the screen, bottom left). Also, the 'double bed' was actually two singles pushed together. This made sleeping very uncomfortable as I always found myself sleeping across the join - by the end of my stay, there was a considerable gap in the middle!

The only other disappointment was being woken by the very loud fire alarm at 4:30am in the morning! To be fair, the receptionist did apologise for it when I checked out and explained someone had taken a shower with the bathroom door open.

Overall, the room and hotel itself were adequate, and its location for me was second to none for the price I paid. I also didn't hear any noise from other guests during my stay, except from the car park which was right outside my ground floor window.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Operations M, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham Broad Street - Brindley Place, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear DMTaylor90,

Thank you taking time to review your stay at Premier Inn, Brindley Place in such a great detail.
I am happy to hear that the location proved convenient for the purpose of your visit and that you received such a warm welcome from our team. It is also great that you were happy with the size and facilities of your room and good value for the money you paid.

I do regret to hear that the remote was missing in your room, however as per our Good Night Guarantee, reception can be contacted 24 hours if you needed a remote or room transfer. It is true that some of our rooms are with Zip Link beds, which can be made from doubles into twins, and this would have been the case with your room, however only few of our rooms have Zip Link Beds and all the rest are King Size! Also my apologies for the fire alarm that woke you up in the morning, unfortunately some guests are unaware just how sensitive our fire alarm sensors are made for your safety and that the steam from showering on an open door triggers the alarm. I really hope that this didn't spoil your stay and won't put you off from booking with us in the future.

I hope that you had a very nice X-mas and that you will visit us again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my girlfriend stayed the night for £70 . Room was good. Clean and tidy good bed . Good bathroom and shower. The only thing is the location very hard to find . Sat nav or phone could not find it as the address on website bares no resemblance to we're it actual is

• Stayed January 2013
Dear P c,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Premier Inn, Brindley Place and I hope you had a nice X-mas.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay, found the bed comfortable and the cleanliness was to your expectations. I am aware that there has been some confusion in the past in regards to where exactly we are situated and we have addressed this with Premier Inn website, so it will be resolved in the future.

I do hope that this doesn't put you off from staying with us in the future.

Coventry, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Came here on Friday night to check out the xmas sales, however noisy chavy guests in the room above came in at 4am, made noise walking around and never slept for rest of the night!
Would recommend for a night out but for nothing else as walls are not sound-proof!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Operations M, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham Broad Street - Brindley Place, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear P c ,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and share your opinion with us. I would like to express my regrets that on this occasion we didn't meet your expectations for a good night sleep due to noisy guests. As you might be aware X-mas times were very busy for city centre locations with X-mas parties and a lot of people going out clubbing on Broad Street, and thus we did experience noise problems on some occasions.
In the majority of the cases our night’s team did manage to deal with the situation, however if this is not the case with you, I would be more than happy to further discuss the matter. I do hope that the noise issues you experienced, won't put you off from staying with us again and don’t hesitate to contact me 0121 634 7000 if you want to discuss any possible solutions.

UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is well located with good parking facilities. The rooms are adequate and comfortable.
The issue is at £19 a room it has attracted loud, annoying chavs who insisted on having a party next door til 4 in the morning. We let staff know and they did their best to try and sort them out, each time the volume decreased ever so slightly as they continued to push their luck next door. The rooms are clearly not sound proofed at all which only made the problem worse.
It's basically a lesson learnt for us that if we book a cheap room on a Friday night in the city then we run the risk of having noisey chavs next door. Think next time we'll pay a bit more and stay somewhere better!

• Stayed January 2013
Dear philipiouk,

Thank you for leaving us with your feedback and I hope that you had a very nice X-mas and New Year.

I regret to hear that on this occasion we failed to fulfil our guest promise for a good night sleep due to noisy neighbours. December and the beginning of January brought a lot of X-mas parties and guests going on nights out on Broad Street and thus we did experience some noise problems. I apologize that despite our teams efforts to resolve the issue you still didn't get a good night sleep.
I can assure you that this is not the norm at Premier Inn and this particular occasion where night’s team didn't manage to deal with the matter to your expectations is an exception. If you want to further discuss the matter please contact me on 0121 634 7000. Once again, my apologies for the problems, you experienced during your stay with us.

Marta Gavrailova

Been to Premier Inn Birmingham Broad Street - Brindley Place? Share your experiences!