Firstly i would like to say prior to me staying at this hotel i contacted the manager / booking staff simply because the hotel had such poor reviews on here.This looked like a bargain at the price. Since the trip was for my partners birthday i didnt want anything to look dingy or dirty.
The manager responded and answered my questions, as i was tempted to back to my original booking at a holiday in which was more expensive. Im glad i didnt.
I arranged a late booking, which was fab, the reception staff are nice. The room was a newly refurbished room. I assume they are refurbishing them all...as some reviews say that some rooms are dates i found mines on the 15th floor to be excellent.
Cannot fault the room or the service we had one bit. We even had a few sweet items and fruit waiting on a plate for us when we got in to the room.
The one thing i can say which COULD have been an issue is when we went to check in, i was asked to pay a Deposit. I havent had this in any hotel i have stayed at before, and i have stayed in lots of hotels. Not sure if that is Radissons Policy on all bookings. Luckily i took enough cash with me or this could have been an awful start to the trip.
Lobby and bar look fab, building is the finest and most pleasing to the eye. Birmingham isnt know for its nice buildings but this is definately a gem in the rough!
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham Hotel Birmingham
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham Hotel
- Radisson Birmingham
- Birmingham Radisson
- Radisson Sas Birmingham
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As Birmingham’s fantastic renaissance continues, the iconic Radisson BLU Hotel brings true European flair to the city. With 211 bedrooms including 8 suites in chic, fresh and fashion styles, 10 state of the art meeting rooms with fitness facilities located on the 18th floor complimentary for guests to use. The first class hotel is the perfect location for business & leisure travel. Its award-winning Filini Restaurant serves up a contemporary Italian dining experience that is almost 100% Italian.The hotel is located in the ciy centre in BIrmingahm new street, the hotel does not offer its own parking spaces, however, the nearest car park is the ncp albany, customers can receive a discount with Radisson of 14.00 per 24/hrs when using this car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Rezidor, Hotels.com, Otel, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.