Stayed here two nights with my mother and 7 year old nephew 4th to 6th of July.
Radisson Blu hotels are in my experience synonymous with great quality hotels but unfortunately the Birmingham one is not quite in that bracket.
The staff and front desk manager are very friendly and will do whatever they can to address your concerns - but senior management at this hotel seriously need to read all the below reviews and take notice.
Lets start with the positive bits:
Had us booked into Business Class room and as a Gold Elite member got upgraded to a one bedroom suite on the 11th floor which was very spacious.
Location is great - short walk from New Street, near the Bullring shopping center and the Mailbox (with access to the canals).
Definitely try the spa on the 18th floor! Great staff and great prices.
Now for the reasons the rating falls:
- Air conditioning does not work at all on days where the temperature goes over 20c. Room was seriously overheated. Got floor fans which helped somewhat but the noise of these almost cancelled out the benefit. Response from staff was that when it gets warm outside the air conditioning can't cope. (!). For a 4 star hotel that even advertises air conditioning as a feature on their site I'd expect to be able to set the thermostat to a level that is comfortable. According to the front desk manager Birmingham rarely get temperatures over 20c in the summer which I thought sounded very dubious. Although he sorted us out at the end of the stay I would have much rather preferred to have slept properly two night (and would have left my rating at 4 rather than 3).
- As mentioned in countless posts here rooms are not well maintained. In our room there was a big piece of plaster missing near the door to the bedroom and the wallpaper looked like it was threatening to fall off at any moment (due to the heat in the room??)
- It wasn't possible to charge spa treatments to your room which means loss of many thousand Club Carlson points :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As Birmingham’s fantastic renaissance continues, the iconic Radisson BLU Hotel brings true European flair to the city. With 211 bedrooms including 8 suites in chic, fresh and fashion styles, 10 state of the art meeting rooms with fitness facilities located on the 18th floor complimentary for guests to use. The first class hotel is the perfect location for business & leisure travel. Its award-winning Filini Restaurant serves up a contemporary Italian dining experience that is almost 100% Italian.The hotel is located in the ciy centre in BIrmingahm new street, the hotel does not offer its own parking spaces, however, the nearest car park is the ncp albany, customers can receive a discount with Radisson of 14.00 per 24/hrs when using this car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Rezidor, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Otel and Venere so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham Hotel Birmingham
- Radisson Birmingham
- Birmingham Radisson
- Radisson Sas Birmingham