“18th floor exec room ONLY!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham

You added Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12 Holloway Circus | Queensway, Birmingham B1 1BT, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #66 of 136 Hotels in Birmingham
London, United Kingdom
“18th floor exec room ONLY!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

Having just spent three nights here for work I can tell you the exec rooms are well worthy the money. I was given the preference of the top floor and am really glad I took it. You can see for miles.
The breakfast in the hotel is a standard buffet with a "fun" pancake machine that I have not seen before. The evening meal in the restaurant was simple beautiful. I had stake on both nights! It really was that nice.
I am now a Carlson club member and will be staying in many more of these hotels as my first choice going forward.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

My partner brought me here for a weekend away, When we arrived and were shown to her our room, it smelt of damp so we asked to move and were given another room straight away which was great. Very clean and spacious although had a broken bedside lamp.
The view was fantastic, especially at night with all the lights. The bed was so comfy and slept so well was a lovely large bed. The bathroom was very clean too. We did have to ask for more soap twice before it was put in the bathroom.
The staff suggested where to go for for other restaurants and they were great.
We ate at there restaurant in the evening and the food was amazing. The hotel's breakfast was good to.
The hotel for us had a great feel to it.
The only issue for us was parking as it was not easy to find the car park and then had to walk to the hotel with our cases once we did find it.
We had a fantastic weekend and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
sarah_duffield, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Dear Holly,

Firstly I am sorry you had to move rooms at the start of your stay, I hope this was done in a speedy manner and the staff helped you with your move. I am glad to that your second room was comfortable, we have the super king beds in most of our rooms so they can be very difficult to crawl out of!

It was nice to hear you enjoyed the Italian meal in our filini restaurant, We are actually now offering a 50% discount for all in house guests so whenever you decide to book in next with us please check with the front desk and they will advise you about this offer and if it's still applicable.

Regarding the car park, I have heard a few guests mentioning the directions are not so clear from the NCP car park so will see what I can do to make this clearer for customers moving forward.

Finally, I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your experience with others,we value what our customers have to say, and look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Best regards,

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

My wife and I stayed there on 9 July. We had tickets for Dirty Dancing. The hotel is attached to a car park. We could not find the entrance from the car park to the hotel, it should have better directions. But we were led from the hotel to the car park through security doors when we left. We had an upgrade to a Business Class room, beautiful. Lunch was limited so we went to Debenhams resturant in the Bull Ring. Breakfast was very good, as was the black pudding. Perfect place for shopping. Next door was the Holiday Inn but it was not a patch on the Radisson. Would go back.

Room Tip: Tell them your stay is in celebration of a birthday or aniversary.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent review! I'm glad you had a nice stay and yes we are just foot steps away from the theatre and local amenities which is a bonus!

I am glad you mentioned to others to advise us on celebrations, we like to celebrate occasions with our guests so please feel free to email me directly and we will ensure you are well looked after that's the main thing when it's your day!

Hope to hear from you soon.

Bingley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Picked here, as I stop in Radissons very often (esp' the Radisson Blu in Bristol - which is sooo much better than this one) & think the chain is generally good quality - alas this one lets them down.

I mainly wanted to leave a review to warn people not to order the room service. As I had lots of work to do, I ordered steak & kidney pie. Which looked and tasted like they'd run & got it from the chippy down the road! I also got some potato wedges (as menu didn't say the pie came with mash & peas) which were also awful - they were fresh out of the freezer & not covered in cheese as the menu said.

Rooms are looking tired, flakey paint, stained carpets, broken chair at desk. Hotel decor won't stop me using a place, but it all goes towards the impression that this place has seriously gone downhill since it opened.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor to lessen traffic noise
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for your constructive comments - I'm really sorry to hear about the quality of room service which you received, the hotel management team review feedback regularly from trip advisor and will be sure to discuss these dishes and see what we can do to improve the quality, we will also be changing and improving our room service menu in the next month.

With regards to our rooms, yes we are aware a few of them are in need of soft refurb and will work on this during the remainder of the year approaching, I understand that service and quality tend to over rule decor and fixtures and therefore apologise once again for the disappointment with room service.

I hope to hear from you in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Had a faultless weekend at the Radisson Blu. From checking in to checking out the staff were all attentive and very friendly, I really couldn't fault them. They were more than willing to help whenever I needed it.

The room on the 15th floor was in an excellent condition and I even got a free upgrade. What I would say though is maybe having a label on the minibar door as I opened it quite fast thinking it was a cupboard, luckily nothing had been triggered.

The hotel is in walking distance of everything you need: Station, shops, pubs and clubs.

All in all an excellent visit and I would definitely go again.

Room Tip: If offered always go for upper levels.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing such a positive experience - Yes I Can! Service is what we strive for at radissson, it's fantastic to hear your happy and will return again.

My details are below when you wish to return! Have a wonderful week.

Exeter
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Loved this hotel. Received a free upgrade to the top floor - business class - which offered splendid views across Birmingham. The room was clean and well presented, and large. I found no faults. The hotel was pleasantly located, close to both the shopping areas and train station. The breakfast was lovely and of good choice and quality. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
sarah_duffield, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear Kirstie,

Thank you for your review - it's really good of you to spend the time to share such fantastic comments! I hope you will think of us again in the near future.

Have a great week.

Rooms Division Manager
Devon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

In Chronological order:
check-in is efficient and easy. If you want to use the gym/spa, you should ask for this to be activated at the time of check-in.
The rooms are nicely laid out, and clean. Do not move the mini-bar items, or you will be charged the extortionate rates electronically.
There is a pod coffee machine, which works well. TV, bathroom etc all unremarkable.
The gym area is small. The sauna even smaller. But both are not busy, and do not appear to be used by the public (unlike many other hotels)
The hotel bar and restaurant appear underused compared to the hotel capacity. Italian restaurant food of decent quality, but nothing too exciting. Gnocchi with gorgonzola sauce was unpleasantly gooey and incredibly rich.
Overall the decor is now looking a bit dated- concrete and wood panels.
Breakfast was good , plentiful choice and nicely delivered.
Check-out efficient and easy

This Hotel ticks many boxes: well located, efficient, clean and spacious rooms, sufficient amenities.
It just doesnt elevate these good points to a level where I would rate it as "excellent"
Its a decent business hotel

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review - we appreciate constructive feedback as it helps us to understand what our customers want and need. I understand the areas In which we need to improve, our product is now 6 years old and we are looking this year to apply a soft refurb in many areas, we are working hard to keep our standard the best that we can.

If you are in town again, would be great if you could contact me direct, I'd like for you to try one of our more contemporary rooms which we have recently done some work on, Im sure you would enjoy one of these rooms, please feel free to contact me below to discuss further should your travels take you with us.

Have a great week.

Rooms Division Manager
Mail: sarah.duffield@radissonblu.com

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham? Share your experiences!