“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 28 Dessert in Birmingham
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Quick Bites, Accepts American Express, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Le Truc is Birmingham's newest bar and bistro, inspired by the crazier side of Les Francais. Serving great bistro style food, fantastic cocktails, wines and beers.Open for lunch, pre-theatre and a la carte dining and until the early hours. Also offering brunch from 10am on Saturdays and Sundays.
Yeovil, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Found this place a couple of weeks ago and now whenever staying in Birmingham this is the place I will go to eat. This place has restored my faith in eating out, with value for money menus and friendly staff. You receive a warm welcome when you walk through the door, and having had 3 meals there now I have to say it is well worth a visit.

The food is excellent, and the specials board has some interesting dishes which are worth investigating.

The cocktails are good and they will even make some that are not on the list.

Overall far superior than many other places I have eaten at, paid more for and been disappointed with - so Le Truc gets my vote everytime.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Derby, United Kingdom
“Well worth a try!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

I visited Le Truc at lunchtime after realising Chez Jules had relocated, and changed its name. I found the place to be very bright and pleasant, the set lunch menu was excellent value and I could have chosen everything there was. My business colleagues were similarly impressed.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
“Brilliant food at a reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stumbled across this hotel during my first ever visit to Birmingham and was really pleased I found it. Having been recommended the canal district and its numerous chains i.e., zizzi, cafe rouge etc., we found this independent establishment hidden in the Chinese quarter. The menu was a real surprise and included such dishes as scallops, pigeon breast, monkfish amongst others and it was all beautifully presented, at a reasonable price. The owner obviously puts a lot of emphasis on customer service as the staff were very friendly, helpful and attentive. The decor is unique and I get the impression 'unfinished' as I believe it has not been open very long. The atmosphere is relaxed and cozy and the small outdoor courtyard a real suntrap if the weather is obliging.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“A LUCKY FIND IN THE ARCADIAN”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

My partner and I visited the Arcadian in Birmingham for a bite to eat and a few drinks. We wanted to eat at Las Iguanas but at 5.30pm we were told that a table for 2 could not be found until 9pm - shame on you Las Iguanas! Anyway we were very glad we stumbled upon Le Truc, located just opposite in the Arcadian Centre. We both chose the 2 course menu for £13.50-this is available 5.30pm-7pm. I had the whitebait which was really lovely and my partner had the charcuterie (a board of cooked meats, toast and capers). For mains I had gurnard (a lovely white fish) with roasted peppers and new potatoes - fantastic. My partner had chicken chasseur and creamed potatoes which was really tasty. The service was exceptional. Our waiter Matt was extremely helpful and attentive. We had a couple of drinks each and the total bill was just over £40-great value for the quality of food.
Delighted that Las Iguanas was full - even more delighted that we stumbled upon Le Truc.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Pigs cheeks and cocktails...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I went to le truc with a group of 9 friends, on the 1st May for our friends birthday. We had a few cocktails at the bar first, lovingly made by the bartender/mixologist, the cocktails differed from the usual you get at other resturaunts, mixtures of elderflower and earl grey, and egg whites and raspberrys, but all went down easily! The food was tasty and came out promptly and was served with a smile by a very friendly waitress. We all had a great time here and I wouldn't think twice about going again.