“No where has beaten it” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #552 of 1,606 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Great little "bistro-style" indian restaurant with about a dozen tables. Great freshly-prepared food, some unusual slants and a couple of "desi"-style dishes to choose-from. Book for fridays and Saturdays though - it gets busy!
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
“No where has beaten it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2014 NEW

I've been here many times in both the restaurant and for takeaways.
There's a huge selection of Indian restaurants in moseley an birmingham, but none have beaten imlees for great food, friendly and welcoming service and very good value. The bring your own aspect is just another bonus.
I recommend imlees to all.

• Visited December 2014

Solihull, United Kingdom
“Rushed & too crowded”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2014 NEW

Over-crowded, very loud music, no atmosphere, staff running around rushed & not attentive. Good choice of menu but disappointing food.

Visited January 2014
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Fave Indian in Birmingham so far”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2014

I really love it here, I have been once in the restaurant and once to pick up a takeaway Indian.
The food is delicious, the chicken spinach dish is my absolute favourite thing.
I think it is well priced for a restaurant in Moseley and if you collect to takeaway you get 20% discount which is even better.
It is bring your own booze which I always prefer especially seeing as there are supermarkets only two seconds away.
Very easy to get to by public transport as you just have to get off the number 50 bus.
I always recommend people to eat here as I have tried many Indian restaurants and this has been my favourite so far.

• Visited December 2014
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2014

I'll make this quick. Often you either get great service or great food, more often you get neither. Here you get both.

The decor is lovely, the music is perfect. Food tasty and well presented (plenty of it too), The service is spot on and you will never wait for anything.

Don't forget to get your alcohol before you go, we normally visit the Sainsbury's local just up and across the road.

Oh, and it is that good we have been three times in as many weeks. Forth visit tonight and I can't wait.

• Visited October 2014
England
“A second visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2014

We have just returned from our second visit to Imlees in Moseley. We hadn't booked so were taken to a table upstairs and I have to say I thought it was awful up there. Very bright lights, the stairs are all of different sizes so I almost fell over on the way up. It had zero atmosphere which wasn't helped by Mr Big coming upstairs and telling the waiters off very loudly when we first arrived. The curries were good, but the chicken tikka was bright red and very dry - I wasn't impressed. I think a combination of poor seating, a nasty damp smell in the toilet and a noisy owner will ensure that we don't go back there.

• Visited October 2014