“Always a good experience” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English, French
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“Always a good experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Have been to over half a dozen Cote restaurants around the country and they always deliver in terms of good quality food, value & ambience. Brum was no exception.
A small spillage of sauce from a plate of moules that was being cleared away, and spashed on my friend's leather jacket was dealt with efficiently. The jacket & floor was cleaned by the apologetic waitress, who brought my friend another glass of wine, on the house, by way of an apology!
Starters of moules, crab, endive salad & smoked salmon were enjoyed by all. Steak, pork & seabass were all terrific - resisted the chocolate fondant pudding ehich is usually to die for!

Visited September 2013

England
“Boring food with ok service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I visited Cote Brasserie with a large group of people for a birthday celebration. We had a set 3 course menu. The wine was very nice but it is a shame about the food. If you like boring preprepared Cafe Rouge food you will like Cote brasserie. The starter was ok but it had far too much salad dressing. The main course was so boring I would have rather had a ready meal from Tescos. I had chicken and chips which had very little flavour and was quite dry. The dessert was so rich it was difficult to get down! I didn't pay for the meal but I am sure it was very expensive. The service was ok. I had a lovely evening, but I don't think this had anything whatsoever to do with the restaurant or food!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Lichfield, United Kingdom
“beautiful French food in atmospheric surroundings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

banksurroundings and holiday Monday afternoon we stopped by ready for a glass of wine & a steak. we were offered a fabulous flatbread of onion and goats cheese instead of bread and olives! 1 word... divine! we decided after this to get the full dining experience and ordered starters which consisted of calamari for my partner & I had moules marineres!! both just beautifull well executed.
we both then had steak. my partner rib eye and myself fillet..cooked to perfection & full of taste!! amazing cuts of meat!! even though we were by this time, bursting at the seams we decided to share a cremè brulèe!! to me...the sign of a fab restaurant and chef is a well executed cremè brûlée!! it was THE best I've ever had!!!!!!!!
the service was friendly and unimposing & atmosphere great as we sat outside on the canal!
my only criticism is the 12.5% optional tip that automatically gets added to your final balance x I prefer to tip as I feel fit x
but overall....can't wait to return

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Lovely lunch really bad brunch...what went wrong?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We had a lovely meal here and were served by a very polite waitress nothing to fault at all. However being lazy on a Sunday we went here for brunch and had eggs benedict, bad choice... the muffin was soggy from too much water being trasfered I assume when the poached egg was put on it and some of the white was not actually cooked properly (still clear), it was topped with a lovely (not) hollandaise sauce which was just very tasteless. We told the waitress who gave us 50% off the bill. We were not that happy about that since we had not eaten any and only had two coffees so actually still had to pay for some ofthe food (that we did not eat) we paid and left. However as the lunch was really nice I think we will give the breakfast another chance and hope it was a one off.....

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Wolverhampton
“Really enjoyable lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This was our second visit to Cote and it delivered once again.

The place is well located alongside the canal in the Mailbox and is close to the bars that we like.

We both had a very enjoyable lunch. When we arrived we were shown to our table straight away and a waiter immediately took our drinks order. He came back shortly after to take our food order - very good service!

The food was excellent. The calamari starters were very good (generous portions too) and I particularly enjoyed the Breton chicken - it was absolutely delicious. We had a nice bottle of viognier which was very good and well priced at less than £20. Another nice touch in this restaurant is that they provide you with complimentary filtered water - pretty unique.

The staff were all friendly and made us feel very welcome. The service was attentive and they were really on the ball when it came to clearing empty plates and serving the next course. There was always somebody on hand to take our drinks orders and they made the effort to ask us a couple of times if everything was OK but didn't make a nuisance of themselves.

Although there was only two of us we asked to sit at a table for four people because the tables for two people are tiny. They were happy to accommodate us because the restaurant wasn't full.

I think the restaurant represents reasonable value for money. It's not cheap and they do add a 12.5% service charge to the bill. I usually prefer to leave a separate tip but paid on this occasion as the service was so good & you can always ask them to remove it from the bill if you prefer.

Will certainly return because this is one of our favourite restaurants in Birmingham.

• Visited August 2013