“Awesome spa” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 138 Hotels in Birmingham
Auckland, New Zealand
“Awesome spa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Went to their spa on a girl's afternoon out with my fiance's daughter. The staff were very nice and courteous. Think it was a sweet girl called Rachel who did my treatment and she was very nice. I had a massage done, which was very relaxing. Before and after the treatment Rachel explained the techniques used, provided info for ongoing care for some trouble areas and used oils that were good for my skin as I have a very sensitive skin. The change/ shower rooms are excellent and the entire experience at this spa was beautiful. If you are staying here, try it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
HdVMgr, Manager at Hotel du Vin & Bistro, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a response on our tripadvisor page following your Spa experience. I will be sure to recognise Rachel on the service she has delivered for your girls afternoon. It is quite clear reading your comments you have had thoroughly enjoyable afternoon in Spa Du Vin.

Hope to see you back again in the future.

Matthew Kinnes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I went here while on a girls weekend for an afternoon tea. We all ordered different types of afternoon tea depending on the tipple we fancied. Given the cost inclucded alcohol, it was quite reasonable price wise. The service was good, the girls were very friendly and we had a bit of giggle with them which was nice. Afternoon tea was served through in a private room which was quite elegant and we enjoyed the privacy as there were only 2 other tables in even though the adjoining room was quite full. We were given a table with big comfy sofas and we had lots of room to spread out.

The afternoon tea itself was delicious. A decent amount of sandwiches, really tasty scones and a large selections of cakes (I think 5 or 6 each) including fancy desserts like an elderflower posset! The whole experience was lovely and I would definitely go back and would recommend it. I'm very sad there isn't a Hotel du Vin in Aberdeen!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Many thanks for sharing your comments following your Afternoon Tea experience here at Hotel du Vin. I am thrilled to read you had a great time and more importantly the service delivered added to the experience. I will make sure your response is shared with the team.

Finally you never know about a Hotel du Vin in Aberdeen in the future. It would be great for the group to open another property in Scotland having 3 already in Edinburgh, Glasgow and now St Andrews.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Visited for an overnight with a friend on our first visit to Brum, and from the moment I made the first phone call, every single person I dealt with went the extra mile to be helpful. Everything from a free upgrade (without me asking for it), to extra time in the room, to satisfying an awkward menu request with an 'of course madam.' And even when we overslept badly there were no grumpy looks at the breakfast table, even though many of the morning staff were the same ones who had been on the night before. I would like to say I have never had a better welcome and better service in any of the many hotels I have stayed in throughout the world, and would like to compliment all the staff on their professionalism and friendly manner. Oh, and the food was delicious, the rooms huge, a shower that I could have shared with a rugby team and the bed - well it was so good I slept 10 solid hours without waking up. Top top marks - give everyone a pay rise

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
HdVMgr, Manager at Hotel du Vin & Bistro, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent visit to Hotel du Vin Birmingham.

From reading such a positive review it seems that the team throughout the hotel have met your expectations in so many different areas which thrills me to read. I will ensure your comments are shared with all of our team members.

To compare the level of service and welcome to one of best you have experienced around the world, it is a huge pleasure for us to read that we have exceeded our guest’s expectations.

With that in mind I hope it is not too long before we see you returning to Hotel du Vin Birmingham in the future.

Chessington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We were in Pommery, a large room at the front of the hotel. The room was lovely with a massive bed, relaxing chairs, desk, fridge and tea and coffee facilities. The huge bathroom had the usual walk-in shower and free-standing bath. The only problem, which isn't the hotel's fault is that Birmingham gets quite noisy on a Friday night, which woke me a couple of times, despite earplugs!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for your feedback following your recent visit to Hotel du Vin Birmingham.
It delights me to read such positive feedback about the styling of the bedroom along with the layout of the bathroom. We are working hard to improve our standards in the bedrooms to further enhance our guest’s expectations all the time.

It is unfortunate that the noise in the city was really loud and has woken you up a couple of times throughout the night. We work hard during the night with our night team to try and ensure any noise and nuisance on the streets is moved on as quickly as possible. This obviously is not always as easy as it sounds.

Hope to see you back again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

This restaurant offers great food and a fantastic atmosphere. The menu is a little pricey but this is a classic case of you get what you pay for. Well recommended for special occasions and fine dining.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to share a review on our trip advisor page.

Delighted to read you had great food in a fantastic atmosphere and that you feel our setting is ideal for special occasion in the future.

With that in mind I hope to see you back soon.

Birmingham, Sutton Coldfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I went to the brasserie, had great food and wine. I had a steak, it was cooked just the way i like it, well done. Staff is well trained and friendly. After dinner we moved to the bar, I'm not fan of alcohol, so me and my husband had some coffee. My family and i are very pleased with everything. Thank you

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Many thanks for sharing your comments following your recent dining experience at Bistro du Vin.

Glad to hear that the service along with the quality of the food met your expectations in the Bistro and after that you enjoyed some post-dinner drinks in the Bubble Lounge.

Hope you see you back again soon.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

My daughter & I visited here for a birthday treat during her birthday shopping trip. She is only 15 and had never done anything like this before so she had nothing to compare it to, but I have. Firstly I was disappointed that I was promised on booking some recognition for her birthday (I think the lady taking the booking said a birthday plate??) but no recognition of any sort was done. Although the sandwiches looked nice the white bread was quite dry, to much mustard on the ham & mustard & scones a little hard too but tasted nice along with clotted cream & very nice jam. The macaroons were very, very soft but I'm not sure how they are supposed to be served. The other 2 cakes were nice too and although there was plenty enough for us we were never offered anymore like I've been offered elsewhere. No the choice of plain scones either. We were offered more tea and did just stick to the "fair trade" one as the waitress was unable to recommend any other??? And it did look a little unprofessional seeing her check her phone! And at the end rather than being civilly bought a bill, I was told I had to walk to the bar in the other room & pay there. I didn't say anything on the day due to occasion and the main thing was my daughter enjoyed her day BUT very disappointed Hotel Du Vin and certainly would not return or recommend afternoon tea at £14:50 per head.

Stayed May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on our trip advisor page. It seems from reading your comments we have really disappointed you as our guest for Afternoon Tea not only with the quality of the food we offered but also the level of service delivered.

This experience is not what we would expect here at Hotel du Vin and your comments will be taken very seriously and addressed with Lounge team as I do not find this acceptable. I am sorry that the experience did not meet the expectations of the occasion but obviously glad to read your daughter her enjoyed her day though.

It is very disappointing to read a guest is not prepared to return and I hope we have the opportunity of restoring some faith in you in the future.

Once again my apologies on your experience.

Matthew Kinnes

Been to Hotel du Vin & Bistro? Share your experiences!